Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As you may be aware, I love Gio. He is a fabulous dancer and has done some incredible routines on Strictly.

He's also been lucky he never had a duffer. Even Richie wasn't that bad. Think without those stupid costumes they'd have survived another week.

Will he suceed outside of Strictly? Let me just say, I hope he's been putting all his earnings in a high interest savings account!!!

At the tour, him and the band did a very good version of Somewhere. He's maybe hoping to get into musicals.

And if Dr Ranj can do it, I don't see why Gio can't.

Reactions: 4
It had better be Pasquale, I really don’t want him to suffer the Italian version again.
He’s nearly 35, I don’t think he’s a goer, plus do they really want another Italian?

The Beryls are out in force on Facebook declaring they’ll never watch the show again. Listen, if this show survived Pasha going it’ll survive a surly, hand-tattooed chain-smoker flouncing off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can’t say I’ll miss Gio massively, he’s done nothing the last 2 years. I think he’s most likely been forced to leave, or at least advised to. I don’t think he’d actually leave of his own accord, especially given that the bbc stood by him with the whole Amanda situation. Frankly a good Strictly year would boost his reputation, so I think there may be something in the cctv Amanda requested. If he has decided to leave voluntarily what a stupid desicion! I don’t think he’ll have a lot of success without Strictly. I think some pros forget how much they need strictly to remind people that they exist, and hence boost their other projects! I think it goes without saying I don’t class celebrity big brother, I’m a celeb and celebs go dating appearances as success 😂

Reactions: 16
Maybe some of the slebs signed up for this year have refused to do it if they get partnered with him. We know at least three of his previous partners hate him.

Reactions: 6
I won’t miss Gio when he leaves, never really got the hype around him. He seems to lack personality and warmth. He looks so miserable. I haven’t watched the shows with Anton though, maybe he shows more personality there?

The others pros seem to have a genuine bond with each other and most of the celebs.

Similarly I never missed James Jordan and Brendan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I won’t miss Gio when he leaves, never really got the hype around him. He seems to lack personality and warmth. He looks so miserable. I haven’t watched the shows with Anton though, maybe he shows more personality there?

The others pro seem to have a genuine bond with each other and most of the celebs.

Similarly I never missed James Jordan and Brendan.
He says innit a lot. That's about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
For the people saying they won’t watch again - do they really watch the show just for one pro? How many of them will be posting again in September, probably moaning about someone having dance experience…

Reactions: 10
He says innit a lot. That's about it.
Don't forget 'lovely jubbly!'

He's been coasting off Rose for 3 years. I wonder if they will bring in a Johannes replacement now -- not that anyone could replace him but if it's his last series a younger black guy would be good.

Reactions: 4
For the people saying they won’t watch again - do they really watch the show just for one pro? How many of them will be posting again in September, probably moaning about someone having dance experience…
Honestly as a strictly viewer from day one I do miss certain pros and I will miss Gio.

But for me, they need a strong celebrity cast. And I hate to say this - they need a couple of ringers to have a good standard of dance in the first couple of weeks.

I would LOVE them to cast Perry from diversity and Bonnie Langford for the absolute chaos it would cause.

Last year, was great because of Layton. Face it -layton was better than the pros because they no longer do "traditional" ballroom dancing

Perry will be the same.

Bonnie would be Debbie Magee on steroids

The show has lost so many pros over the years, I highly doubt Gio's absence will cause viewing figures to dip that badly. He was barely in it the last two series anyway.

Reactions: 10
The show has lost so many pros over the years, I highly doubt Gio's absence will cause viewing figures to dip that badly. He was barely in it the last two series anyway.
Agree if people just watched for Gio - he would have won the glitter ball many times and not gone out on week 2 with Ritchie. No pro is bigger than the show.

If the show didn't renew him, I'd bet the meeting of the three ex-partners would be what did it for him. I don't think you can come back from that. Or perhaps reading that scared him big time.

Reactions: 8
Huh, I'd resigned myself to another year of him skulking around glowering in the Clauditorium, or getting an uber-ringer and sailing to the final. I wonder if he was coming back but no celeb wanted him and he'd rather flounce than be benched? Say what you want about Neil, at least he takes his near-permanent bench-warming status with grace.

I'd have missed him if he'd gone after Rose, glad I don't have to now.

Reactions: 11
It will make utterly zero difference.

In the twenty years that Strictly has been on tv, almost fifty pros have left. There will be no dip in viewing figures because another pro leaves.

Reactions: 7
Think Gio’s been phoning it in since his win with Rose, I like him but won’t miss him.
Whilst on just had to repeat a comment re Strictly I read elsewhere:
“Strictly Come Dancing: the Hunger Games of dancing “ 😀
---
Honestly as a strictly viewer from day one I do miss certain pros and I will miss Gio.

But for me, they need a strong celebrity cast. And I hate to say this - they need a couple of ringers to have a good standard of dance in the first couple of weeks.

I would LOVE them to cast Perry from diversity and Bonnie Langford for the absolute chaos it would cause.

Last year, was great because of Layton. Face it -layton was better than the pros because they no longer do "traditional" ballroom dancing

Perry will be the same.

Bonnie would be Debbie Magee on steroids
Perry from Diversity lost in the final of Dancing on Ice to JOE SWASH 😳
Obviously the likes of that would never happen on Strictly as after Blackpool it becomes a proper dancing competition.. but it sure is a funny old world,

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
tbh I do watch more for the pros than celebs. But I still wouldn't stop watching if some of my faves left. Unless they all got sacked at once. That would definitely put me off.

I'm not that fussed about the celebs. Sure, I find a few of them to like every year but 99% of them cease to exist in my mind as soon as the show finishes. I still follow a fair few of them on Instagram, but largely because I couldn't be bothered unfollowing. I don't give a tit about their future careers. And I almost always find the ones I already knew disappointing in some way. I think Ellie Taylor is possibly the only one I liked more after doing the show than before.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.