Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The S*n have put a new video up by that Clemmie Moodie who is the one who always gets the Strictly exclusives: clearly has a source. One interesting thing she says is that some of the female pros have taken against FR because of his harsh methods and would have distanced themselves had he come back (consistent with what we've seen on socials).

She says the BBC want him to stay, but he's made up his mind, and a new travel show is going to be announced with Anton (groan - Journey through Stringfellows?)

Reactions: 6
The S*n have put a new video up by that Clemmie Moodie who is the one who always gets the Strictly exclusives: clearly has a source. One interesting thing she says is that some of the female pros have taken against FR because of his harsh methods and would have distanced themselves had he come back (consistent with what we've seen on socials).

She says the BBC want him to stay, but he's made up his mind, and a new travel show is going to be announced with Anton (groan - Journey through Stringfellows?)

Her info seems a wee bit contradictory - his teaching methods/reputation don't fit in with the Strictly brand anymore and other pros and crew want to distance themselves from him BUT apparently the BBC still adore him and back him and are desperate for him to stay. Which one is it?

Reactions: 8
I get the feeling the BBC are trying to sit on the fence, they probably already have G&A signed up for the travel show and invested in it so they won’t want to come across as getting rid of G because he’s an Ahole. Be interesting to see what happens after the 3rd instalment of G&A travels
---
I wonder if the fallout of the female pros is partly linked to Jowita. The female pros are big cheerleaders of each other and other women.

I get the feeling the BBC are trying to sit on the fence, they probably already have G&A signed up for the travel show and invested in it so they won’t want to come across as getting rid of G because he’s an Ahole. Be interesting to see what happens after the 3rd instalment of G&A travels
---
I wonder if the fallout of the female pros is partly linked to Jowita. The female pros are big cheerleaders of each other and other women.
Agree, I don’t see the BBC sacking him if he has another show lined up with Anton. Surely it’d be better for him to do one more year and then leave? Can only imagine how much people would kick off about how Gio needs to stay if they see him faffing about with Anton again. I don’t think Jowita herself holds much against him, but maybe the female pros in general are a bit sick of him? I honestly sensed more hostility between him and the male pros that the female ones

Reactions: 4
The BBC would surely only want him back for damage limitation or to avoid damaging the Gio/Anton brand. Otherwise they are mugs with no self-respect, because why would you rehire a pro who doesn't get on with his celebs, doesn't get on with the other pros and visibly can't be arsed with it most of the time?

Reactions: 10
As Gio was allegedly saying at his tour he was back for another year, something has happened since then - possibly a combination of everything came to a head. I think his main mistake was his ‘jokey’ comment about no one watching the professional dances on the show. It is one thing joke about having a non talented celeb in terms of dance, being strict in training etc, but to be disrespectful about the pro dances is another, it’s taking a swipe at the choreographers and also the creative vision of Jason G. Jason G seems very well respected in the business.

As Gio was allegedly saying at his tour he was back for another year, something has happened since then - possibly a combination of everything came to a head. I think his main mistake was his ‘jokey’ comment about no one watching the professional dances on the show. It is one thing joke about having a non talented celeb in terms of dance, being strict in training etc, but to be disrespectful about the pro dances is another, it’s taking a swipe at the choreographers and also the creative vision of Jason G. Jason G seems very well respected in the business.
That and the comment about Krishnan. Celebs won't want to do the show if a pro is going to slag them off like that on a tour, even if just as a joke. And they weren't even partners, so seemingly anyone is fair game in FR's world.

I can imagine Gilko might be involved, I can't imagine he'd be very welcoming of FR after the pro dance comments.

Reactions: 12
---
Yeah, they are super-close (at least the Dianne-Nancy-Jowita-Amy-Karen group), and of course then the male group around them (Vito, Carlos, Nikita, Graz, Gorka, Neil) presumably feel the same. The fact he hasn't toured for 2 years also means zero bonding.

I guess the BBC were hedging their bets - didn't want to sack him if there isn't enough evidence and knowing there'd be an uproar. Though crappy if they'd prioritise him and his end-of-pier partnership with Anton over the wellbeing of the female pros. It does seem like he'd started negotiations and then decided himself to go.

Reactions: 4
---
What fall out between the female pros?

What fall out between the female pros?
The Sun journo claims to know that some of the female pros weren't keen to have FR back. So not a fallout between them, but between him and them. I don't think Dianne or Nancy has interacted with him at all for a long time on socials. I guess Lauren is the only exception. Katya and he used to be pretty pally but not any more.

Reactions: 3
I guess this is the reason:
---
Bit of shame it might taint the 20th anniversary but then again if Gio went too far and they allowed him to, then it needs to be looked into.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Maybe he found out they were going to bench him and threw his toys out the pram.

Either way I’m glad I won’t have to smell him through my TV screen and can focus on imagining Vito in his pants.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The Sun journo claims to know that some of the female pros weren't keen to have FR back. So not a fallout between them, but between him and them. I don't think Dianne or Nancy has interacted with him at all for a long time on socials. I guess Lauren is the only exception. Katya and he used to be pretty pally but not any more.
Ah yes! Something has gone down… oh to be a fly on the wall

Reactions: 3
With the legal action confirmed, Im guessing they either had to bench him or he had to step away. Also will other shows want him whilst this is going on?

Reactions: 7
With the legal action confirmed, Im guessing they either had to bench him or he had to step away. Also will other shows want him whilst this is going on?
They’ll have had to say listen we won’t sack you to make this look bad, walk away of your own accord and use the excuse of ‘moving onto different projects’
It’s like in any job involving misconduct, agreements can be made for the employee to resign rather than being sacked.

Reactions: 11
I went to see House of Jojo earlier this week, he is mesmerising. It was extremely high energy as you’d expect and when he was speaking he comes across as a truly lovely human. The extra cast were not as slick as the Strictly Pros ( to be expected) but it was good to see a young cast alongside him. I preferred it to the Pro Tour tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wont miss Gio he seemed like he didn't want to be there last year and I'd gladly see Neil get a celeb instead.😊

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.