Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Celebrating 20 years of strictly by reuniting some of your favourite couples”
Is this whats taking the pro announcement so long?? Is there a variation on an all stars series?? Are they waiting til the 20th birthday to announce a twist to the next series? Or are they plonking Sara davies and Dr ranj who won’t let go of strictly on the couch and getting them to sing happy birthday??

Reactions: 2
Brendan and Lisa are going to recreate their showdance aren’t they?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
“Celebrating 20 years of strictly by reuniting some of your favourite couples”
Is this whats taking the pro announcement so long?? Is there a variation on an all stars series?? Are they waiting til the 20th birthday to announce a twist to the next series? Or are they plonking Sara davies and Dr ranj who won’t let go of strictly on the couch and getting them to sing happy birthday??

Doubt there will be an all-stars but I think this is what has delayed the pro announcement, probably wanted to wait until the anniversary.

Reactions: 1
Heard on the radio (I'm old I still listen to the radio in the car) that Sam Thompson and Pete Wicks have signed up for strictly, always rumours flying around a couple of months before the line up is revealed but I think these two be great on it, with the right partners obviously
Jings is Sam Thomson the annoying guy who won I'm a Celebrity??? I don't really know who pete wicks is - I keep thinking he's the keep fot guy but I don't think he is.

Looks like more fast forwarding for me!!!

Favourite couples? Will Rose be dragged kicking and screaming into the studio by Gio?
Will it be ITV-ers (Alison and Aljaz, Susanna and Kevin, Dr Ranj and Janette. I’m guessing not Ranvir and Gio!)

It’ll just be Janette and Aljaz, and as many of their partners they can convince to do it 🤣

• Haha
A Dianne and Vito tour is definitely a weird one… I’m sure they dance well together but not everyone needs a tour.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Vito and Dianne have natural chemistry, they get along well. Both of them have fans and have done well; Dianne is a BTF alumni as well. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: 5
Vito and Dianne have natural chemistry, they get along well. Both of them have fans and have done well; Dianne is a BTF alumni as well. Makes sense to me.
It does to me too, although I’d rather see one with Luba .
---
Interesting it’s Burn the Floor production- Dianne is the only Pro left on Jason’s husband’s agency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m surprised Dianne hasn’t done her own tour before tbh. She has a huge fan base and she really does seem to invest a bit of time and effort with them. I think she is probably the weakest female pro on Strictly but I’m not her target audience 🤷🏼‍♀️
I just hope for Vitos sake she isn’t choreographing the tour.

Reactions: 6
Wow. Did not see that coming. I know they are besties but it seems slightly random, and I'd have much preferred Vito to tour with Graz and /or Nikita.
Just realised the tour is next year - thought it was a bit last-minute!

Sadly it looks like a Gilkison production. Prepare the enormous balcony!

Sadly it looks like a Gilkison production. Prepare the enormous balcony!
I actually think because its a BTF/Gilkinson production it actually makes me more excited for the choreo; everyone knows BTF is the most intense dance show and we all know strictly and the pro's have cherry picked parts from BTF over the years.

It does to me too, although I’d rather see one with Luba .
I don't think Luba is at the stage yet to lead or even duo a tour yet; I think even the fact that Kai and Nadiya are doing one still seems quite premature.

Reactions: 3
Dianne and Vito makes sense to me. I will probably go and see it, if it is going to be along the lines of burn the floor. As Jason G is involved, I’m sure the calibre of other dancers involved will be high. I’m guessing it won’t just be D&V.
---
I shall await Gio’s congrats to them on insta…..

I’m surprised Dianne hasn’t done her own tour before tbh. She has a huge fan base and she really does seem to invest a bit of time and effort with them. I think she is probably the weakest female pro on Strictly but I’m not her target audience 🤷🏼‍♀️
She did Here Come the Girls with Amy in 2019, I was wondering not long ago why she hadn't done another solo tour. If it was coming to my local theatre I might have gone, but BTF seem to have an aversion to Scotland.
I too would rather have seen an Italian boys tour, but I probably wouldn't go to that either, so I guess it's a moo point 😁

Reactions: 2
A Dianne and Vito tour is definitely a weird one… I’m sure they dance well together but not everyone needs a tour.

Desire to see Vito Vs. Desire to never see Dianne.

This is a hard balance and hard decision.

(Hard decision, yeah, my dick makes that decision for me 😆, go see Vito)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Favourite couples? Will Rose be dragged kicking and screaming into the studio by Gio?
Will it be ITV-ers (Alison and Aljaz, Susanna and Kevin, Dr Ranj and Janette. I’m guessing not Ranvir and Gio!)
I suspect they’re playing extremely fast and loose with the word favourite. I think it’s more likely to be people with not much else to do who are clinging to their Strictly experience like limpets to a rock. (So Sara Davis is a shoe in)
If it doesn’t feature Jay&Aliona or Kara&Artem or Matt&Alesha it’s a total waste of time.

Reactions: 3
A DiVito tour, eh?

Wonder how wee Joe Smugg feels about her not resurrecting the Joe & Dianne show and fully upgrading to a tour with Vito instead.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.