Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually though Jody did quite well for the only one in the group who doesn’t have a career in front of the camera of some sort.
I thought it was interesting how me mentioned how different it was from the rehearsal with the audience there. I think trained athletes do get a bit of a boost from the buzz of a crowd and that helps them get into game mode.
Similarly those with live tv or stage experience can tap into that too. I think it might have been why Zara seemed to struggle compared to a lot of the others, she’s not used to that environment and I think nerves got the better of her.

Reactions: 14
Top 3
Nigel - absolutely loved that. Love Katya’s choreo
Ellie - wasn’t expecting that. Ballroom might not suit as well?
Layton - can’t wait to see what Nikita choreos for ballroom. Tonight was a bit frantic

Honorable mention to Krishnan. Made me smile all the way through. Protect this man at all costs!

Those who will fit the journey narrative
Angela S
Adam
Edie
Maybe Annabelle?
They’ll shoehorn the mention of her age at every opportunity so Angela R

Vanilla/ forgettable
Nikita
Zara
Les - just no
Jody - had only typed 14 names and couldn’t work out who was missing which sums him up for me. Better than I was expecting though

personal icks
Bobby and Amanda

Reactions: 15
Nigel was easily the dance of the night for me and I am so pleased that Katya finally has a contestant where she can unleash the full potential of her choreography again. There’s no way she’s not going to have her eye on that final already and I can’t wait to see what routines she comes up with!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I live in hope that as the bar for ringerdom inches ever lower at some point Mark Cavendish, junior competitor in ballroom and Latin, will be able to sneak under.
this is exactly how i feel about aidan turner 🤣 we can hope for both!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I live in hope that as the bar for ringerdom inches ever lower at some point Mark Cavendish, junior competitor in ballroom and Latin, will be able to sneak under.
Dream contestant. His background, competitive nature and tell it as he sees it without giving two hoots would be brilliant. Love him 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3

This is a weird story
I think they had a bet in the DM office to see what the weirdest fake SCD story they could get away with was. It gives no detail on what any of the ‘unexplained’ events were and 90% of the article is a review of last night’s show with some random details about various contestants and some regurgitated online comments.

I suppose there’s only so many times you can make up injury/romance/feud storylines out of an atom of ‘evidence’ without boring yourself. Surprised they didn’t save this one till Halloween week though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nigel was easily the dance of the night for me and I am so pleased that Katya finally has a contestant where she can unleash the full potential of her choreography again. There’s no way she’s not going to have her eye on that final already and I can’t wait to see what routines she comes up with!
Loved the routine but was distracted by those straps at the top of Katya’s arms, it made me think of that really annoying thing when your bra straps keep slipping down or (possibly worse) when you see that it’s happened to someone else and they haven’t noticed 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
agreed on all counts! ellie was so so good and i really like her and vito’s vibe. also feel like angela s is only going to improve. likewise amanda.

it really was a very fun show and i honestly thought it flew by for 2+ hours. everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Same here. I sat back and just enjoyed it. Didn't notice the time at all. Not too much filler, thankfully - talking to the audience and whatnot.

Also thought the judges got the tone right, they gave their feedback, no 10s 🤣 I'm glad to say and they seemed to keep in mind that it's a sparkly entertaining show, not life and death for anyone.

Reactions: 14
Loved the routine but was distracted by those straps at the top of Katya’s arms, it made me think of that really annoying thing when your bra straps keep slipping down or (possibly worse) when you see that it’s happened to someone else and they haven’t noticed 😬
I was the same, I was distracted by the straps as well. Whenever my bra straps fall down I always have to put them back on the top of my shoulder as the feel of the straps at the side of my arm irritate me. If I was given that dress I would be constantly thinking that’s what I needed to do, pull the straps back up. I would have asked the costume department to remove them completely

Reactions: 5
Or
Absolutely NOT to Alison Hammond.
Or Zoe Ball! I find her irritating. I like Tess! I think she has great chemistry with Claudia and she is really part of Strictly for me. I think she makes the job seem easy.

Reactions: 6
Great show! Nigel, Ellie and Amanda (despite not being that likeable for me) really stood out. Really rooting for Angela S.

Reactions: 9
I don't necessarily think so. I'm going to sound like I'm talking bollocks, but I actually think both Bobby and Nigel appeal to the core Strictly audience. Nice young man Bobby, who could be their son/grandson and fanciable mature man Nigel, who can actually dance. Do we often get both in the same series 🤔 I'm speaking generally, of course, but there is a bit of a crossover there.
Not sure. I don't really understand why they have younger people when it's definitely an older peoples show (not old before anyone goes at me) but older and "older" want familiar faces not love islanders and YouTubers. I get Bobby is neither but do people really know who he is?

Reactions: 2
Not sure. I don't really understand why they have younger people when it's definitely an older peoples show (not old before anyone goes at me) but older and "older" want familiar faces not love islanders and YouTubers. I get Bobby is neither but do people really know who he is?
Yes, lots of people watch Eastenders and most are familiar with his mother's tragic death when he was young (who, judging by the comments was some kind of saint instead a crude, thick, racist bully).

Reactions: 13
Nigel obviously won the night, and there is a LOT of thirsting for him on socials.

Will be interesting to see Layton's journey - maybe becoming less frantic. Ballroom will be good for him. I didn't warm to the sniggering during the feedback but he seems nice.

I've rewatched Ellie's jive several times - it's just so fun, and I love how she managed to get Jill Halfpenny hands, even if her legs weren't perfect.
And I need Vito's thigh workout [joke redacted]

Attachments

Reactions: 9
A lot of older people watch soaps though so will probably know him from EE

Reactions: 3
Those same older people who watch Eastenders would know Bobby

Reactions: 4
I watched the show with my mum and to her Bobby is just 'Jade Goody's son', which is strange considering to her Nigel is Dennis Rickman 🤔
Also, Nikita was Stacey Solomon and no convincing as otherwise 😂
And as soon as I mentioned Zara being associated with Love Island, there was a roll of the eyes and a conveniently timed toilet break

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.