Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nigel won’t win. You can quote me on that. No one votes for the person who stands out in week one. Viewers prefer a journey contestant,
He might not be consistently good though. I can see him struggling a bit more with the party dances

Reactions: 10
Nigel won’t win. You can quote me on that. No one votes for the person who stands out in week one. Viewers prefer a journey contestant,
Kelvin says hi 🤣 Also, he’s not going to be great every week so having a bit more of a journey would definitely allow him to win

• Haha
Reactions: 17
i’ve only just caught up as was at (the first stage of) my parents’ ruby wedding celebrations but my reaction can be summed down to:

me yelling. NNIIIGGGEELLLL in a very feral way at the moon. goodbye.
---
hamza would like a word (amongst others)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just caught up. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Of course some are in a different league than others. But I thought they (almost) all came across well.
Not a fan of Bobby because of his behaviour in rehearsals. When Dianne produced the sandwiches, I thought ugh, hope he washed his hands. 🤢

Les, yeah he isn't the greatest of dancers but he is a performer and he is so nice. I loved Eddie and also Krishnan. Living their best lives! Ellie was great, works perfectly with the very lovely Vito. Loved Nigel. I'm a big fan of Katya, delighted to see her having a real contender to work with. I know Kai gets a bit of teasing on here about looking older but he is so perfect for Angela R, there's a real old-fashioned (and I mean that in a positive way) courtesy about him. I think the judges are slightly intimidated when it comes to feedback for her, but again, that's not a criticism.

I think everything else I want to say has been said already but just to say I think the judges got the tone right tonight. It's a competition of course but it's also lighthearted sparkly entertainment. I think they were making more of an effort to keep it that way, as well as giving reasonable feedback.

Roll on next week. 💃🕺

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Have scanned through the posts tonight and basically nodding and agreeing.
The facebook Brendas already on the ‘Layton is so full of himself’ talk, so he’s this year’s Fleur/Alexandra in their eyes 🙄

Reactions: 8
I haven’t been on the thread for a few weeks so missed the whole Amanda and Gio fallout thing - THAT explains why she was literally hanging off him all the time! She didn’t look lovesick so of course, the rumours will be true.

I adore Strictly but it felt like I’d been watching it for 36 hours by the time Nigel came on. What a dance though! I’m not a fan of first week scoring but if he didn’t get the marks he did, they would have been watering them down. There’s your winners!

There are quite a few who look like they know their way round a dancefloor and a couple who wouldn’t know their Latin from their ballroom…Les and Zara for me were the worst but Les has been on the go for years so I think he’ll have a decent fanbase. I’m not sure who will go out first if it isn’t Zara.

Adam “I’m a cheeky chappy me” Thomas is DEFINITELY this year’s Will Mellor - I’m banking on Luba managing his expectations. Angela would have been a better show opener for me.

Nancy was given Les because she had two decent contenders in a row so if I was Vito and Carlos, I’d start panicking for next year 😂

Reactions: 21
I fell asleep right before Nigel’s dance 😭😭😂😂 looks like I missed the best one, will have to go watch it back! I liked Ellie & Vito and I think Zara will be first out

Reactions: 6
Who decides what the presenters wear?
I was particularly fascinated by the shiny trousers and weird, saggy looking top worn by Tess. 😳

Every time she reappeared I was thinking why...what...where...😁

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Who decides what the presenters wear?
I was particularly fascinated by the shiny trousers and weird, saggy looking top worn by Tess. 😳

Every time she reappeared I was thinking why...what...where...😁
I suspect there’s been a decision that Tess no longer wears evening gowns in attempts to add a more modern ‘edge’, but I’m not sure last night’s outfit really worked. The trews had a hint of ‘bin bag’ about them 🫤

That said, the fact the BBC’s prime-time Saturday evening flagship show was presented by two women wearing trousers (rather than ‘frocks’) is something that was unimaginable a few years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Nigel, Layton, Ellie - 2 I knew would be there but Ellie was better than expected ( and heck, just Vito jiving on his own is enough for me)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Checked out of Strictly for a few years, I think the last series I was fully invested in was the year with Debbie McGee. The lineups have been a bit meh but this year wow (OK it was Nigel that made me watch this year but I now have 6 or 7 that I like)
Standouts for me either quality of dance, entertainment, or surprise.
Nigel
Ellie
Amanda
Krishnan
Bobby
Angela
Annabel
Only tuned in during Angelas dance so missed a couple
Not a fan of Layton, feels like he is putting on an act most of the time..

RE Gio I'm absolutely not surprised that he and Ritchie didn't get along. I listen to Radio 2 in the mornings and he annoys the duck out of me in just those 2 minutes.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.