Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will be interesting to see Layton's journey - maybe becoming less frantic. Ballroom will be good for him. I didn't warm to the sniggering during the feedback but he seems nice.
In fairness I think that was because Shirley was talking about his “downstairs” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nigel obviously won the night, and there is a LOT of thirsting for him on socials.

Will be interesting to see Layton's journey - maybe becoming less frantic. Ballroom will be good for him. I didn't warm to the sniggering during the feedback but he seems nice.

I've rewatched Ellie's jive several times - it's just so fun, and I love how she managed to get Jill Halfpenny hands, even if her legs weren't perfect.
And I need Vito's thigh workout [joke redacted]
it was such a fun dance and i though vito matched her really well (i was fearing flashbacks to his jive with fleur when he was absolute fire but seemed to forget she wasn’t quite on his level 🤣)

layton seems nice but i did side eye his reactions to the feedback and how shocked he seemed that his feet were daring to turn in.

Reactions: 5
Was a good opener. Ellie and Krishnan went way up in my estimation. I didn’t hate Amanda or Annabel. I think they’ll definitely improve. Danger contestants are Zara, Les and Jody. Star of the show was Nigel and of course the fabulous Katya.

My biggest criticisms - the show didn’t need to be so long. We could have had half the VT’s this week and the other half next.
And we don’t need props. Too much faffing to quote Len.

Reactions: 16
I wasn't keen on the sniggering from Layton either - came across as immature but, giving him the benefit of the doubt, it might have been nerves 🙄

Reactions: 5
My faves were Ellie, Layton and Nigel. I also quite enjoyed Les, Bobby and Kristen. I loved Pete and Sam in the Zara shirts but she was a bit wooden bless her. Gios partner comes across abit unlikeable tbh. Pro Nikita shone as did Katya. Girl Nikita and Jody are the bottom two for me.

No disrespect to Nigel, as he was great, but Leyton is getting hammered all the time for being on the West End. Nigel, it would appear, completely immune to such criticism. Leyton is such an easy target, unfortunately.

Yeah there is always is an out and out ringer like Layton who will get hammered with the comments that he has all the experience which will allow Nigel to fly under the radar with his.

Ratings are in:

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 11.21.43.png

Reactions: 3
I think Bobby and Nigel will both be popular with the public so unless they become terrible can see them in the final. I’m interested to see how Ellie, Layton and Angela S progress. Obviously the showmance rumour is already in progress for Ellie and Vito - personally see nothing, other than 2 people that appear to get on as friends, newspapers desperate to find a showmance.
Thought Karen looked stunning last night - loved her outfit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
In fairness I think that was because Shirley was talking about his “downstairs” 🤣
Yeah, I think Anton saying he was pigeon-toed made him giggle, too.

Anyway, my moment of the night? Angela Rippon! In her ostrich feather robe looking like Zsa Zsa Gabor bounding onto the stage to a Shirley Bassey song with better legs than women a quarter of her age.

That's the camp glamour I'm here for!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't care that Nigel and Layton are ringers and I think apart from a very vocal "it's not faaaair" portion of people, not many viewers are really bothered about how much training a celebrity has had.

Strictly has moved on from being a show about teaching shuffling clueless no hopers to an entertainment show where most of us quite enjoy watching a celeb knock it out of the park regardless of how much non ballroom or Latin based training they've had. They're still learning new dance styles, same as the others. It can actually be a hindrance putting aside your ballet training to do opposite shaping or discarding your tap training to turn your feet the other way etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I don't care either if contestants had previous dance experience or not but as it's been pointed out by others it seems unfair for one contestant to have it brought up for them and potentially not get votes for this reason and for someone else its flying under the radar for. It's not the first time this has happened.

I think Bobby and Nigel will both be popular with the public so unless they become terrible can see them in the final. I’m interested to see who Ellie, Layton and Angela S progress. Obviously the showmance rumour is already in progress for Ellie and Vito - personally see nothing, other than 2 people that appear to get on as friends, newspapers desperate to find a showmance.
Thought Karen looked stunning last night - loved her outfit.
Lord I see the Fail has a bollocks showmance thing - I don't think it will fly, as they clearly have a matey vibe (I don't want to say 'sibling' as the show is already coming down with people declaring their partner is a little sister/brother/niece. Even Amanda said Gio was 'like a little brother'!)

Reactions: 4
I don't care either if contestants had previous dance experience or not but as it's been pointed out by others it seems unfair for one contestant to have it brought up for them and potentially not get votes for this reason and for someone else its flying under the radar for. It's not the first time this has happened.

Loads of articles out there about Nigel's dance experience. Not being swept under the carpet at all.

Screenshot_20230924_113726_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 4
I don't care that Nigel and Layton are ringers and I think apart from a very vocal "it's not faaaair" portion of people, not many viewers are really bothered about how much training a celebrity has had.

Strictly has moved on from being a show about teaching shuffling clueless no hopers to an entertainment show where most of us quite enjoy watching a celeb knock it out of the park regardless of how much non ballroom or Latin based training they've had. They're still learning new dance styles, same as the others. It can actually be a hindrance putting aside your ballet training to do opposite shapes or discarding your tap training to turn your feet the other way etc.
exactly!!! it drives me CRAZY and comes from really a basic misunderstanding of dancing/stage school/theatre in general. it’s exhausting. unless the person was an actual competitive dancer at some point i literally do not care.

like you say, this show hasn’t been about “teaching a complete novice to dance” for a long time. and the same people who wail about ringers are usually the ones who go WHO?! where are the REAL celebs?! when the names get announced. you can’t have it all ways 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lord I see the Fail has a bollocks showmance thing - I don't think it will fly, as they clearly have a matey vibe (I don't want to say 'sibling' as the show is already coming down with people declaring their partner is a little sister/brother/niece. Even Amanda said Gio was 'like a little brother'!)
It’s to keep the Family vibe going. Because as we know all families love each other and none have feuds that been going on for half a century over a random comment about a hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Loads of articles out there about Nigel's dance experience. Not being swept under the carpet at all.

View attachment 2469401
I think the reaction I saw online with regards to social media; I saw people bringing up Layton's experience but didn't see any of the same for Nigel. I mean when I watched his performance as enjoyable as it was it was like well yeah I expected him to do well giving his experience in the west end alone he would know how to perform a dance regardless of technique just like Layton.

Reactions: 2
exactly!!! it drives me CRAZY and comes from really a basic misunderstanding of dancing/stage school/theatre in general. it’s exhausting. unless the person was an actual competitive dancer at some point i literally do not care.

like you say, this show hasn’t been about “teaching a complete novice to dance” for a long time. and the same people who wail about ringers are usually the ones who go WHO?! where are the REAL celebs?! when the names get announced. you can’t have it all ways 🤣
If Layton and Nigel give some respite in a 2 hour plus long show made up of 5 week on cha Chas … let ‘em have at it. They could dance twice for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My fave of the night had to be Nigel too ...was blown away by his paso 😜 had a feeling it would be good if Katya had anything to do with it but ...wow!!
Nikita or Zara will be probs be out first ..think its gonna be more about the posing and 'Where's the camera?' for them. The public will more than likely keep Les in for a few weeks and the middle of the leaderboard ones will go like always.
Omfg Adam was everything I'd thought he'd be - had to mute the TV 😫 the scores he got finally shut him up ..briefly 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I think the reaction I saw online with regards to social media; I saw people bringing up Layton's experience but didn't see any of the same for Nigel. I mean when I watched his performance as enjoyable as it was it was like well yeah I expected him to do well giving his experience in the west end alone he would know how to perform a dance regardless of technique just like Layton.
Yeah, I'm also not bothered what previous dance experience people have, but there has been a definite zoning in on Layton. Possibly because Nigel is more appealing to the general audience than Layton, so it's OK?

There's been nothing like that here, I'll point out, I'm looking more specifically at FB.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.