Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Minnietred

Ellie said Amanda was like a second mum to her in London. If you compare them, both are paired with Italian pro’s known to be perfectionists and both could be seen as being vulnerable if you consider the year Ellie had before going in.

There is no doubt that Vito is competitive, but he also wanted Ellie “to have the best Strictly journey for as long as possible”, he understood she wanted to have fun but also saw that she needed her confidence building.
Ellie could commit to 12 hour training days as she had no work or family responsibilities, but it is a lot easier to do those long days when they consist of lots of physical activity (inc. dance training) interspersed with snacks, naps and laughter.

I don’t think Amanda got anywhere near the same experience as Ellie in those first few weeks, and that is sad no matter what the circumstances.

Reactions: 18
Uh oh - the Amanda hater on DS has popped up...I'm sure Mr. Gio the LGBT ally was so disturbed:
If it’s true that Amanda is pursuing legal action, I’m pretty sure it’s due to a bit more than a different ‘viewpoint’ 🙄
---
for all his RBF Gorka is very good at settling the nervy and adapting his teaching style.
When he stepped in with Anastasia to fill in for Brendan, she seemed so much more relaxed and produced a lovely dance.

Thinking about it, Gorka & Amanda would have made a good partnership. She was a very talented dancer.
---
I mean given there are supposed to be psychologists and counsellors on tap, if someone was so stressed and distressed they went to the producers for help and was ignored that would be pretty damning.
It feels like something like this has been a long time brewing and they’re lucky to have escaped it for so long. It does seem that they’re failing in their duty of care in pursuit of ever-higher stakes.

Craig’s not wrong that they’re a looooooong way from series 1 now: the training hours, physical expectations, social media/additional media requirements, and emotional manipulation for sob-story purposes make the show look like absolute hell as a participant nowadays. Add in the tabloid intrusion and online abuse, and it’s potentially a very nasty experience.

Last edited:
  • Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Have any other shippers ever been soooo committed to their ship when it's very clearly sank? 😬
It's been actual years, they both appear to be single they totally could if they wanted, but it's clearly neither do!
There was quite an intense Mollie and AJ shipper on DS who reluctantly relented that they probably weren't going to happen, when Mollie had a baby with Stuart Broad. And that was about 6 years after they were Strictly partners 😆

• Haha
  • Wow

Boogs

VIP Member
He’s not in Dubai anymore. He flew back to London last night and will be going to his family in Rome. (This info was from his Instagram stories not a tracker I have attached to his favourite hat - honestly)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

KeriRhys

VIP Member
E&V - if were I Ellie and that was the last time that I know I would be spending all day rubbing up against Vito I too would be emotional and clinging onto him (maybe handcuffing myself to him). I still think just a deep friendship but do think that Ellie has fallen for him. Vito though who knows - he’s tactile and expressive with his language in general.
I'd be straight up koala-ing

---
After that live & new video post, my shipping levels (as my daughter calls them) have increased ten fold 🤣🤣🤣
I mean COME ON!
For me it's the very coupley pose! I get that Vito is very tactile and affectionate and they've spent weeks all over each other and being physically very close...but the snuggled on his chest just seems particularly intimate!
They do make a cute couple

...at the very least I hope Ellie got/gets a good shag out of it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I can't believe Lauren has had to make a post justifying why she wears her hair short. Honestly, why on earth should that bother anyone? She's lovely, like a live-action Betty Boop, and I personally think it gives her a very cute, unique look.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Vito was the perfect partner for Ellie in the same way that Nikita was for Layton. They probably could have done well partnered with someone else as they were talented dancers but it was their relationship and connection with the pro that really made them stand out. I think Vito had the right balance of nurturing and pushing Ellie out of her comfort zone to make her feel safe and grow her confidence.

• Heart

jfletcher

VIP Member
Karen's love life is what I'd expect from someone half her age. I feel a bit sorry for her but 3 failed marriages at 41 and constantly rushing into relationships...:confused:
I get the impression that Karen is one of those people who’s incapable of being single. I remember the New Year’s after her and Kevin split - she went on holiday in the Caribbean, got a tattoo, cut her hair short and seemed to be finding herself post-Kevin. Then suddenly she was in a relationship with that guy whose name I forget and then they broke up after two years and she was marrying the Australian fitness bloke and now she’s divorcing him and dating someone else. Soft launching her new relationship on Instagram when her divorce was being reported a matter of weeks ago definitely isn’t healthy behaviour and screams of her needing to prove to everyone that she’s moved on and is happy.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I can only imagine the horror of being partnered with someone you cannot stand. I always remember Dominic Littlewood and poor Lilia.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Carlos you are a blessing sharing these Nikita images for his birthday! ❤❤❤

Ins3568425229_a8f820c335824954b0cb565ba0f330fa.jpg

• Heart

diamondthunder

VIP Member
I thought they were bullshitting in that interview where they said she meant to come down like that. I thought they were just trying to pretend it didn't go as badly wrong as it looked, because I couldn't believe that anyone actually signed off on her intentionally diving headfirst at the floor from that height. No way anyone but an Olympic gymnast has any business attempting a move like that. I mean I'm honestly in awe of the level of stupidity. She literally could have snapped her neck and/or cracked her skull open on live TV. Wonder if the dumbfucks in charge had a contingency plan for what the fuck they were gonna do/say if the worst had happened? I can't see how they could have continued the show. Would they still have announced someone as the winner, or just had to say no one won because no one completed their dances?

The thing that baffles me most is that last year they restarted Fleur's Halloween dance-off 'for safety reasons' because Vito fell off a chair! Seems rather small potatoes compared to whoever's idea the lift was's low-key assassination attempt on Ellie.

Last edited:

Boogs

VIP Member
The Lakita workshops are almost sold out but new dates should be available in the new year. I’m hoping that 10k likes will be enough for them to do a show too 🤞🏻 Layton is a darling ♥
IMG_6796.jpeg

• Heart
Lord, Karen's inspirational poem she posted with its referernces to 'toxicity' and 'manipulation'. Very 'PM me hun'. Still, at least she's taking plenty of time to reflect before embarding on a new rel... oh.
It’s almost as if marrying a near-stranger off the internet isn’t the guaranteed route to lifelong happiness 🤔

• Haha

Boogs

VIP Member
Vito is straight off the train and round to his grandparents', shirt off, vest on, singing old Italian songs in the kitchen with his nonna. So wholesome ❤
Now that is fucking adorable. Gotta love a man who loves his Nonna ♥

• Heart