Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd imagine it's reasonably easy for former contestants to get tickets. Helen was there with Fleur, who had an allocation via her ITT work (Fleur's husband and sis were also there).

Vito's video of the final lift in rehearsal - such a shame, it looked great!
View attachment 2643607
I don't think it looks great - I know it's only training, but she looks uncertain and wobbly AF.

Edit... oooh the video has been restricted in the minute since I watched it and reposted it!!!

Reactions: 4
I thought they were bullshitting in that interview where they said she meant to come down like that. I thought they were just trying to pretend it didn't go as badly wrong as it looked, because I couldn't believe that anyone actually signed off on her intentionally diving headfirst at the floor from that height. No way anyone but an Olympic gymnast has any business attempting a move like that. I mean I'm honestly in awe of the level of stupidity. She literally could have snapped her neck and/or cracked her skull open on live TV. Wonder if the dumbfucks in charge had a contingency plan for what the duck they were gonna do/say if the worst had happened? I can't see how they could have continued the show. Would they still have announced someone as the winner, or just had to say no one won because no one completed their dances?

The thing that baffles me most is that last year they restarted Fleur's Halloween dance-off 'for safety reasons' because Vito fell off a chair! Seems rather small potatoes compared to whoever's idea the lift was's low-key assassination attempt on Ellie.
Their safety record is shocking like getting Will Bailey to jump off a flipping table :cautious:
Especially considering only 2 weeks before a Pro dancer had dropped Nigel leading to him withdrawing!
I assume since they had all done one dance and the lines were open they would stay open.

Reactions: 7
Their safety record is shocking like getting Will Bailey to jump off a flipping table :cautious:
Especially considering only 2 weeks before a Pro dancer had dropped Nigel leading to him withdrawing!
I assume since they had all done one dance and the lines were open they would stay open.
Tess attempting to riff while Ellie is loaded onto a gurney, blood streaming from her head. Shirley offering to do a demo with Neil to fill time. Gio ringing Rose and urging her to get into an Uber and get to Elstree, it's on him.

I agree that I'm not sure she should have been asked to do it - she was so eager to show how brave she was and how much of a 'yes person' she'd become

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can we have Heather Peace from Eastenders with Luba next year please?
Spooky, she just popped up on my FYP and I’ve been on a Londons Burning wiki dive ever since. Someone on here mentioned her a few weeks ago and I think as an actor and musician she would have the performance and musicality to do quite well.

I think we definitely need a strong female same sex partnership next year. I think we’ve only had Nicola Adams and Jayde Adams so far, neither of whom were likely to go all the way. Luba would definitely be a good partner for a good hot same sex partnership.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Spooky, she just popped up on my FYP and I’ve been on a Londons Burning wiki dive ever since. Someone on here mentioned her a few weeks ago and I think as an actor and musician she would have the performance and musicality to do quite well.

I think we definitely need a strong female same sex partnership next year. I think we’ve only had Nicola Adams and Jayde Adams so far, neither of whom were likely to go all the way. Luba would definitely be a good partner for a good hot same sex partnership.
She's got good traction at the moment and the female same sex partnerships have been missing somebody who can both act and (potentially) dance. I know Heather is really popular and she's awakened a lot of "girl crush" feelings in women who are generally the prime Strictly audience. I think someone like her would have the best shot at a successful female same sex partnership and Luba would definitely not shy away from the sexy/romantic stuff.

Some former celeb contestants have ‘ex-Strictly star’ as a job for life. Dan will be one. He’ll be turning up with a zimmer frame doing his ‘iconic’ lobster. Others turn up for their contractual obligations and are never seen again.
You know Nigel’s never going within 50ft of anything Strictly related ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She's got good traction at the moment and the female same sex partnerships have been missing somebody who can both act and (potentially) dance. I know Heather is really popular and she's awakened a lot of "girl crush" feelings in women who are generally the prime Strictly audience. I think someone like her would have the best shot at a successful female same sex partnership and Luba would definitely not shy away from the sexy/romantic stuff.
Yes good shout, Luba should definitely get this role next time. She’s generally hot whoever she dances with though, even making Adam acceptable.

Reactions: 7
I can't believe Lauren has had to make a post justifying why she wears her hair short. Honestly, why on earth should that bother anyone? She's lovely, like a live-action Betty Boop, and I personally think it gives her a very cute, unique look.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't believe Lauren has had to make a post justifying why she wears her hair short. Honestly, why on earth should that bother anyone? She's lovely, like a live-action Betty Boop, and I personally think it gives her a very cute, unique look.
I assume it’s because she will have being asked her option on the Miss France debacle?

Lauren's post is so beautifully written and very well considered. Her hair looks gorgeous on her and how saddening that in 202bloody3 people are still banging the same old drum about outdated beauty standards.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.