Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd imagine it's reasonably easy for former contestants to get tickets. Helen was there with Fleur, who had an allocation via her ITT work (Fleur's husband and sis were also there).

Vito's video of the final lift in rehearsal - such a shame, it looked great!
View attachment 2643607
Jesus christ...the trust she had in him to even consider that!!! 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I still think it's too risky! she dives head first and he has to catch her under the armpits! Matt Flint was on smack when he choreographed that.
That doesn't mean they wont!
Honestly I can see them wanting Ellie to do it, it causes a bit of a Buzz will she manage it?
I suspect in their heads it doesn't seem to be as risky as a lay person might think, they have said themselves that was the only time it went wrong and even in the video their first full run through was done directly on the floor no mats in sight.
They were telling the truth it did end sort of end how it was suppose to just messier although admittedly that's only because Vito caught her as she fell the man has fast reflexes!

When do they usually announce the dances, early new year?

Reactions: 3
finalists from the previous series do they get invited to come and watch the next years final as I'm sure I noticed Dan and Sara in the audience of last years final
Some former celeb contestants have ‘ex-Strictly star’ as a job for life. Dan will be one. He’ll be turning up with a zimmer frame doing his ‘iconic’ lobster. Others turn up for their contractual obligations and are never seen again.

Reactions: 4
What couples have come from Strictly where we were all sure they were an item at the time and it was proven true? I can only think of Artem and Kara. The rest seemed to have popped up afterwards. Shows they play up for the cameras as they know it works - even in the nicest possible way.

Reactions: 1
What couples have come from Strictly where we were all sure they were an item at the time and it was proven true? I can only think of Artem and Kara. The rest seemed to have popped up afterwards. Shows they play up for the cameras as they know it works - even in the nicest possible way.
Matt and Flavia.

Ellie has now reposted the lift story explaining 'just a bit more wobbly than expected' 😬
I wish we saw the footage of her parents reaction as she plummeted head first!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Gio and Georgia too. Matt and Flavia. Also Kevin and Stacey - there were lots of suggestive stories about them 'cosying up' even though she had a partner.
I guess we also don't know to what extent some of the couples had little flings that didn't end up public..

Dianne and Joe, Stacy and Kevin, Kristina and Ben, Georgia and Gio

That's true. I'd love to know about the flings no one knows about. Maybe Martina Hingis got it on with Anton??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I still think it's too risky! she dives head first and he has to catch her under the armpits! Matt Flint was on smack when he choreographed that.
The nearest to this lift in recent times that I can think of, was when Sugg danced the Salsa. But he had Johannes as the central prop and two accompanying dancers who held one leg each. (I have just rechecked).

I can't help wondering also if Ellie was afraid her high heel might accidentally stab Vito as she raised herself. It was simply too overambitious.

Reactions: 7
That doesn't mean they wont!
Honestly I can see them wanting Ellie to do it, it causes a bit of a Buzz will she manage it?
I suspect in their heads it doesn't seem to be as risky as a lay person might think, they have said themselves that was the only time it went wrong and even in the video their first full run through was done directly on the floor no mats in sight.
They were telling the truth it did end sort of end how it was suppose to just messier although admittedly that's only because Vito caught her as she fell the man has fast reflexes!

When do they usually announce the dances, early new year?
I think they'll do the Paso and AS on tour. Maybe an outside chance of the Charleston. I honestly can't see them doing this one again.

Reactions: 5
I'd imagine it's reasonably easy for former contestants to get tickets. Helen was there with Fleur, who had an allocation via her ITT work (Fleur's husband and sis were also there).

Vito's video of the final lift in rehearsal - such a shame, it looked great!
View attachment 2643607
Aw I'm gutted for them all over again!! I know they won so it doesn't matter in a way but I could tell Ellie was so so so disappointed and Vito so worried about her!!

Reactions: 5
Matt and Flavia.

Ellie has now reposted the lift story explaining 'just a bit more wobbly than expected' 😬
I wish we saw the footage of her parents reaction as she plummeted head first!
Oh I bet that was a picture!!! They're were honestly so lucky it went how it did. I have a feeling Ellie might be bit of a daredevil/adrenaline junky after watching that!
---
That bottom pic is scaring me - his leg looks like a giant’s leg! 😬
Aw sorry!! I was just going to post the top one but the last one just looks so athletic/impressive to me!!

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Me too. The only celebs who should be attempting anything remotely like that are those from a gymnastics background - and they’d probably have the sense to veto it as far too dangerous.

Reactions: 9
Gorka seemed to enjoy strictly this year and came across as just wanting to enjoy his job, he also seemed to have fun on the pro tour. He made sure Nikita had an enjoyable time. He did what a good pro should do. Strictly should be about the celeb and the pro is there to ensure they get the best out of their celeb and that their celeb has an enjoyable experience. Why I liked this year is that it felt more about which celeb should lift the glitter ball rather than which pro should.
I have said similar on previous threads.

I have no strong feelings about Gorka, one way or the other but he did a great job with Nikita. She really enjoyed her Strictly time, short-lived as it was. Their performances looked like fun, and made me smile, while watching. She was never going to get very far, but was really sad to leave. That, to me, says, the pro did their job well.

Similar with Nancy and Les, and Graz and Zara.

Reactions: 14
Me too. The only celebs who should be attempting anything remotely like that are those from a gymnastics background - and they’d probably have the sense to veto it as far too dangerous.
Absolutely … I wonder if having to stand on the slippy shiney material of Vito’s top threw her off as well.
on three inch heels.
bet Claudia Fragapane was sat at home saying nnnnoooooooo

Reactions: 11
Absolutely … I wonder if having to stand on the slippy shiney material of Vito’s top threw her off as well.
on three inch heels.
bet Claudia Fragapane was sat at home saying nnnnoooooooo
Louis Smith throwing dinner rolls at the TV in angry disbelief.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.