Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching back the glitterball moment, one of the things that makes it for me is Layton and Nikita's delighted faces in the background. I know he didn't mean it probably, but Gorka's RBF last year slightly detracted from Hamza's win. Nikita taking Vito's face and shaking it made me emosh, when you think they've known each other for 15 years.

Also emosh: Vito's family with his two nonnas on the sofa, his mum immediately opening the wine, the sparklers!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Watching back the glitterball moment, one of the things that makes it for me is Layton and Nikita's delighted faces in the background. I know he didn't mean it probably, but Gorka's RBF last year slightly detracted from Hamza's win. Nikita taking Vito's face and shaking it made me emosh, when you think they've known each other for 15 years.

Also emosh: Vito's family with his two nonnas on the sofa, his mum immediately opening the wine, the sparklers!

omg the way one of his grandmothers is blowing kisses to the tv 😭😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I love that video of them on the shoulders celebrating....you know when you see a clip of a moment and can only imagine the feeling and buzz, they must have wanted to bottle it

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I love that Craig's maintained a professional silence all season but is now just letting it rip 😅
Craig really let rip on the show last night massively I thought and fully in the direction of Layton.

Twice he hit him with 'Well Layton your ballroom has NEVER actually ever been any good at all throughout this whole series' and then 'Well ok it was a better AT than last time, because I actually didn't like it all last time so yeah just better'

Nikita looked slightly stunned, the audience did a gasp but Craig was just like well it's not down to me now So....

Then when he visably cried at Ellie's achievement we were watching like yeah this is where the truth comes out now the power is out of there hands they can speak their minds..... I found it quite thrilling 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

That recliner chair took a battering! How lovely

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love that Craig's maintained a professional silence all season but is now just letting it rip 😅
Which makes me wonder if it was his last one last night- no longer under contract, not worried about not being asked back so he's saying what he wants

Reactions: 7
Which makes me wonder if it was his last one last night- no longer under contract, not worried about not being asked back so he's saying what he wants
I was too wondering that, he seemed quite emotional

Reactions: 7
Vito’s family are just the sweetest. The thing I don’t get about Gio and his obvious dislike of Vito which is actually unprofessional is that mutual friends like Pasquale get on really with Gio. Gio doesn’t even try to hide his disdain for Vito - his face has always looked like thunder when Vito was talking throughout this series and then not even bothering to go on the dance floor and celebrate.
Feel that the powers that be need to either bench Gio or get rid of him - he clearly doesn’t enjoy strictly anymore and is just there for money which is unfair on any celeb that could be partnered with him in the future.

Reactions: 23
Omg the clip in the last slide of Fleur and Vito hugging and him weeping uncontrollably 😭😭

(Also, for Fleur body-watchers, the difference between the first pic and now is..)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Vito’s family are just the sweetest. The thing I don’t get about Gio and his obvious dislike of Vito which is actually unprofessional is that mutual friends like Pasquale get on really with Gio. Gio doesn’t even try to hide his disdain for Vito - his face has always looked like thunder when Vito was talking throughout this series and then not even bothering to go on the dance floor and celebrate.
Feel that the powers that be need to either bench Gio or get rid of him - he clearly doesn’t enjoy strictly anymore and is just there for money which is unfair on any celeb that could be partnered with him in the future.
Gio likely sees Vito as a threat, the new Italian star male pro. Graziano didn't really have the same effect and the likes of Kai/Nikita/Carlos/Johannes fill different roles so aren't of any threat to Gio's role.

Reactions: 18
Omg the clip in the last slide of Fleur and Vito hugging and him weeping uncontrollably 😭😭

(Also, for Fleur body-watchers, the difference between the first pic and now is..)
I really do think Vito and Fleur have a true and lasting friendship.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Even though they had no chance of winning, Fleur and Vito got all my votes in the final last year and it’s lovely to see how much they still adore one another. I suspect Vito is going to be one of those pros who ends up with lots of previous partners who adore him.

(Unlike Gio who by this point in his Strictly run had dumped Georgia and given us the passive-aggressive “Congratulations on your spins” partnership that was him and Laura.)

Even though they had no chance of winning, Fleur and Vito got all my votes in the final last year and it’s lovely to see how much they still adore one another. I suspect Vito is going to be one of those pros who ends up with lots of previous partners who adore him.

(Unlike Gio who by this point in his Strictly run had dumped Georgia and giving us the passive-aggressive “Congratulations on your spins” partnership that was him and Laura.)
I think it would take a real horrible celeb (Jayde/Lulu levels) for Vito have a not so good partnership. Similar charm to Aljaž & Nikita.

• Heart
I really do think Vito and Fleur have a true and lasting friendship.
Definitely.
I always enjoyed when he and Ellie were on ITT with Fleur. There was an extra bit of devilment between them.

Fleur has been a great choice as presenter of ITT, imo. I hope she is there again next time around.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I enjoyed this thread although it definitely turned into a Layton and Nikita rave thread and absolute hatred of Dianne which was a shame for us who liked them all 🤷‍♀️. On the whole thrilled to bits for Ellie and Vito 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Craig really let rip on the show last night massively I thought and fully in the direction of Layton.

Twice he hit him with 'Well Layton your ballroom has NEVER actually ever been any good at all throughout this whole series' and then 'Well ok it was a better AT than last time, because I actually didn't like it all last time so yeah just better'

Nikita looked slightly stunned, the audience did a gasp but Craig was just like well it's not down to me now So....

Then when he visably cried at Ellie's achievement we were watching like yeah this is where the truth comes out now the power is out of there hands they can speak their minds..... I found it quite thrilling 😂
I found Craig really odd last night: the back-handed comments towards Layton were quite uncomfortable, the choking up whilst critiquing Ellie was somewhat out of character, and the online clap-backs are amusing but weird. I wonder if he is actually planning to leave?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
No, Nikita is not allowed to dance with any other men.

I just found this very subtle understated gift for Vito fans.
bleeping hell Vito!!!! 🫣
---

I absolutely loved it!!! He is my favourite judge!! 🩷🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.