Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was Vito's 'oh tit' face that made me close my eyes, my 8 year old had to shout "she's ok she's ok she didn't even hurt herself" 😬
I've followed Ice dancing for 20 years so seeing the celebs do the head banger makes me feel ill when I know there is some Pros out there with serious injuries including facial for such moves.

Vito's cousin filmed his families reaction they are loveably mental just like him :LOL: As they are announced winners his mum cracks the bottles open and starts giving everyone drinks and by the time they get to Vito's speech they light up Sparklers indoors :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I was about to breathe a sigh of relief that she'd got through some seriously impressive lifts till that last one. In 3-inch heels! Vito should have vetoed it, seriously. She could have landed head-first. I agree the judges were impressed she tried it, and relieved she was ok. No wonder Vito was so concerned after.
I'm positive they won't do it on tour. Probably paso, definitely AS. If Craig wants Layton and Nikita to do their paso (but it's more likely they'll do AT and Charleston) then Ellie could do her AT (not Charleston as that requires extra dancers).

This lift was more than enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Layton will probably do his Argentine Tango on tour rather than Charleston. Sometimes a dance with that much risk is best left alone 😂
Yeah, the Charleston has the brollies and chairs that they may not want to deal with every night. Just that Craig loved it so much, and Angela S will most likely do hers.

Agree Bobby will most likely reprise his QS... although... I was really hoping Krishnan would do his as I loved his big, sassy moment at the end of it. I know they can have a couple of the same dances, but they were far too similar in terms of music and costuming.

Reactions: 7
The head banger often seen in Dancing on Ice is actually banned in ice skating competitions because it’s so dangerous.
They made Nigel and Katya do it in their salsa as well. It didn't go quite perfectly, and you could tell Nigel wasn't happy doing it.

It puts the female pros in a lot of danger and places a lot of responsibility on the male celebs. The female celebs have a slight advantage, but anything can go wrong, as we saw last night!

As for DOI bullying celebs into doing it, you'd think they'd have learned from Beth Tweddle successfully suing Channel 4 after The Jump.

I say it every year but pleeeeeease can we have Clive Myrie.
Unfortunately he has said he will never do it 😩 (unless maybe Krishnan having a ball this year has changed his view)

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Unfortunately he has said he will never do it 😩 (unless maybe Krishnan having a ball this year has changed his view)

Aww 😟

In that case let's have Maryam Moshiri - we already know she's up for a laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My fantasy contestants would be Pete Wicks or Dr Dylan from Casualty or the ultimate (but unrealistic) Jason Momoa
I was about to strongly object until I realised you'd said Pete Wicks (who I know nothing about) and not Joe Wicks (who I can't bleeping stand) 😂

I want them to go FULL RINGER and get Ashley Banjo or Adam Garcia or someone lol

• Haha
I would quite like Maura Higgins on it and partner her with Jo Jo they would have a lot of fun. She has totally upgraded from Gio by dating Chris Hemsworth stunt double.

I didn't really like the Argentine Tango the first time. It was mostly the ill-fitting song that ruined it for me, but I also agreed with Craig's comments on the results show about why he didn't give it a 10 the first time - that it had too much attack and was a bit frantic and disjointed. I never thought in a million years that he'd actually improve it in the Final and was all prepared to roll my eyes at it getting the scripted 40 even though it had the same problem as before, but I was so, so impressed that he actually danced it so much better than the first time - way smoother and more connected with Nikita. I really loved it this time (other than the lack of proper music) and I'm so glad it was their last dance and the last dance of the night and they got their well deserved 40 for it. I also confess to thinking Nikita was full of tit when he said on ITT that the dance would have a different story/emotion/meaning/whatever the second time round, and fully expected to be entirely unmoved as I was the first time. So glad I was wrong! 😂And his tears after got to me, he's so precious, I can't even deal 😭 🥺 🥰

The Quickstep was also amazing, again, absolutely awestruck that he improved it so much. The most I hoped for was for the couple of moments they were a little out of sync the first time to be smoothed out, but as well as being more calm, controlled and in sync, the frame and body contact was hugely improved too. There was definitely a mistake (actually I think there were two, oops) but after Booby's ridiculous 39s for dances that were firmly in the 30-34 range, who cares? And I'm feeling slightly wrathful once again about the music and costume stitch-up they had with the American Smooth which really obscured how much improvement there was from the Viennese Waltz.

Mostly I'm happy for Ellie's win, but it makes me a little frustrated how many people claim to vote for the most improvement but willfully shut their eyes to how much Layton has improved. I usually agree that a ringer shouldn't win, but I don't think I've ever seen one show such clear, marked improvement before as Layton has. I normally hate the repeated dances in the Final and feel they're a complete waste of everyone's time. For the first time ever I loved them and I'm sad we can't see all his early dances again to see what they could be like now. Ellie got really lucky - any other year she'd have been the one the journey voters called boring because she was too good from the start.

Reactions: 19
I was about to strongly object until I realised you'd said Pete Wicks (who I know nothing about) and not Joe Wicks (who I can't bleeping stand) 😂

I want them to go FULL RINGER and get Ashley Banjo or Adam Garcia or someone lol
i have LONG wanted them to do a full ringer series tbh.

aidan turner, tom holland, ashley banjo, mark cavendish, adam garcia, neve campbell (and other ex ballet dancers), the hot one from casualty who was the lead in matthew bourne’s swan lake… all of them.

i know FB would hate it but i personally would love it and that’s what matters 🤣
---
Imagine if he did it in character as Logan Roy 🤩🤩🤩

would pay money to see him interact with craig either in or out of character 🤣

he spoke like he has some dance experience too, which i had no idea about, but i guess a lot of theatre types naturally do some kind.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
i have LONG wanted them to do a full ringer series tbh.

aidan turner, tom holland, ashley banjo, mark cavendish, adam garcia, neve campbell (and other ex ballet dancers), the hot one from casualty who was the lead in matthew bourne’s swan lake… all of them.

i know FB would hate it but i personally would love it and that’s what matters 🤣
---

would pay money to see him interact with craig either in or out of character 🤣

he spoke like he has some dance experience too, which i had no idea about, but i guess a lot of theatre types naturally do some kind.
Well they have Masterchef the professionals so why not a Strictly the professionals🤣

I would love to see how the public reacted if the uber ringer was a white straight man…

They're all very quiet online today...I presume most of them are napping off hangovers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn't really like the Argentine Tango the first time. It was mostly the ill-fitting song that ruined it for me, but I also agreed with Craig's comments on the results show about why he didn't give it a 10 the first time - that it had too much attack and was a bit frantic and disjointed. I never thought in a million years that he'd actually improve it in the Final and was all prepared to roll my eyes at it getting the scripted 40 even though it had the same problem as before, but I was so, so impressed that he actually danced it so much better than the first time - way smoother and more connected with Nikita. I really loved it this time (other than the lack of proper music) and I'm so glad it was their last dance and the last dance of the night and they got their well deserved 40 for it. I also confess to thinking Nikita was full of tit when he said on ITT that the dance would have a different story/emotion/meaning/whatever the second time round, and fully expected to be entirely unmoved as I was the first time. So glad I was wrong! 😂And his tears after got to me, he's so precious, I can't even deal 😭 🥺 🥰

The Quickstep was also amazing, again, absolutely awestruck that he improved it so much. The most I hoped for was for the couple of moments they were a little out of sync the first time to be smoothed out, but as well as being more calm, controlled and in sync, the frame and body contact was hugely improved too. There was definitely a mistake (actually I think there were two, oops) but after Booby's ridiculous 39s for dances that were firmly in the 30-34 range, who cares? And I'm feeling slightly wrathful once again about the music and costume stitch-up they had with the American Smooth which really obscured how much improvement there was from the Viennese Waltz.

Mostly I'm happy for Ellie's win, but it makes me a little frustrated how many people claim to vote for the most improvement but willfully shut their eyes to how much Layton has improved. I usually agree that a ringer shouldn't win, but I don't think I've ever seen one show such clear, marked improvement before as Layton has. I normally hate the repeated dances in the Final and feel they're a complete waste of everyone's time. For the first time ever I loved them and I'm sad we can't see all his early dances again to see what they could be like now. Ellie got really lucky - any other year she'd have been the one the journey voters called boring because she was too good from the start.
I'll always be pissed at how much that bloody AS derailed them 😡

Reactions: 2
Found the warm-up guy's post (via Amy's very moving one about last night), couple of side videos of the winning moment and everyone-but-Gio celebrating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.