Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here @LaBlonde i keep hoping that they will say the headbanger is not to be attempted. I dread someone getting hurt.
If I remember rightly last year, the judges pretty much told someone to do it. Aaaargh.
the girl from corrie i think? and she was obviously terrified of it but they basically got the audience and everything to chant and peer pressure her about it!

i hate it - it’s banned from competition for a reason and i can’t imagine being an actual pro-skater and having some random from love island throw me around by my ankles as my head gets closer and closer to the ice. they should never in a million years be doing it.

i love an impressive lift as much as anyone but there’s a line where it actually becomes too risky that both strictly and especially DOI should pay attention to.

Reactions: 9
There's no way they'll do that on tour.

I think they'll repeat the Paso and AS. Layton will do Paso and Charleston, and Bobby will do Samba... but no idea what else. Actually, his showdance would work, but I think you would need the props and themeing for that one to work as a whole.
I think Layton will probably do his Argentine Tango on tour rather than Charleston. Sometimes a dance with that much risk is best left alone 😂

Reactions: 5
I just hope they don't do the CC. I thought it really brought down the mood yesterday and that's really not suited to an arena tour. Suspect they will do their quickstep as well as the samba.
i hope yesterday was them closing the door on that CC tbh - it did bring the mood down and i don’t think it would be good for either of them emotionally to do that night after night. his QS would be a much better and more fun choice.

Reactions: 11
Having just caught up on the final, honestly I think Layton and Nikita should have won. Their partnership was incredible and I enjoyed watching every single dance of theirs. Ellie was excellent but it got boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
They can't know that but it could be true. Dave's poll, FWIW, last night had:

Ellie and Vito 64.55% (4014 votes)
Bobby and Dianne 23.42% (1456 votes)
Layton and Nikita 12.03% (748 votes)

Caveat - much smaller sample size than his usual polls but he has generally been in the right ballpark. I imagine Layton might be a bit higher than that but Ellie was clearly the runaway favourite.

Bobby actually did well last night, though the samba was overmarked and I'd rather not have seen the CC again. I liked that Dianne was so happy for the winners, and hopefully she'll get back to Oz now, see her dad and chill out.
IIRC correctly, Dave's poll was wrong last week - predicted a Layton vs Bobby DO and we got a Bobby vs Annabel DO instead.

I like to think the Entertainment Odds poll is the more correct one, as it was last week. Shame we'll never know for sure.

Reactions: 7
I just hope they don't do the CC. I thought it really brought down the mood yesterday and that's really not suited to an arena tour. Suspect they will do their quickstep as well as the samba.
It really did!!! Just totally killed the vibe of the night!! The show recovered but it was a really low point mood wise. I bawled the first time I watched it so I deliberately put it on mute and didn't look while it was on, I don't watch strictly to be traumatised thank you very much! Ellie's near death experience was enough for me for the night!

Reactions: 14
I went back recently to rewatch Layton and Nikita's paso. I loved pretty much all of their dances but that one is just gorgeous. And that was their comeback dance, I think, from having been in the dance off the previous week?

Towards the end when they are dancing side by side, together with the backing dancers and there's loads of foot stamping, it just puts chills through me, it's FABULOUS.

This bit here, mind you, it's all gorgeous.

7024003D-A986-4396-9557-1990F7D6DE7F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ellie and Vito had commented on ITT that if something went wrong, in the final, it could go really wrong - not those exact words, but it did make me wonder.
That must have been what they were referring to. I'm a wuss anyway but honestly nothing is worth risking an injury for, imo.
That gave me Lisa and Brendan vibes … Brendan said pretty much the same thing. When she came out in a sliver cat suit, I flinched. When she rolled on the floor, I thought here we go

I do wish they wouldn’t try to turn female celebs (who had never danced up to 3 months ago, etc … etc… ) into female showdance dancers. Those lady’s are as much gymnasts as they are dancers. The only celeb they’ve had who could realistically give it a good go would be Claudia Fragapane.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i hope yesterday was them closing the door on that CC tbh - it did bring the mood down and i don’t think it would be good for either of them emotionally to do that night after night. his QS would be a much better and more fun choice.
That's true.
Repeating it last night, seemed like milking it, to me, and if I was attending a show, I would not want to see it.

Reactions: 8
It really did!!! Just totally killed the vibe of the night!! The show recovered but it was a really low point mood wise. I bawled the first time I watched it so I deliberately put it on mute and didn't look while it was on, I don't watch strictly to be traumatised thank you very much! Ellie's near death experience was enough for me for the night!
exactly. anton bringing up his children and then amy being inconsolable in the background with claudia (and deliberately turning her face from camera, or it looked like) just made me upset; and not in the happy way i usually want from strictly.

i get it meant a lot to them both and i did like that bobby was much clearer in articulating his feelings about it compared to the first time around when i was a bit worried about him but it was just too much: especially sandwiched between two such euphoric (for different reasons) dances.

Reactions: 15
The head banger often seen in Dancing on Ice is actually banned in ice skating competitions because it’s so dangerous.

I don't want Dianne or Gio back next year. I wouldn't mind the tasty Jason Issacs for a celeb choice failing that Im still holding out hope that Richard Madeley will do it one year COME ON RICHARD! :love: 🥳 .

Reactions: 11
I don't want Dianne or Gio back next year. I wouldn't mind the tasty Jason Issacs for a celeb choice failing that Im still holding out hope that Richard Madeley will do it one year COME ON RICHARD! :love: 🥳 .
My fantasy contestants would be Pete Wicks or Dr Dylan from Casualty or the ultimate (but unrealistic) Jason Momoa

Richard Madeley can go with Doyenne. Another height difference to complain about!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.