Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Craig's comments seemed a bit off regarding Layton.

I had to rewind, because I thought I'd misheard when he said he didnt like the AT the first time. I was like WTF?! Even going OT and chatting about Motsi's dress right in the middle of their feedback didn't seem good form.

I mean I love Craig, and absolutely hope he doesn't leave, but yeah, I wasn't sure how to take him last night.

Reactions: 17
A measure of the man Gorka is he's not threatened by Vito's hot arse. Gio could take notes

Apparently Ellie and Vito are on This Morning tomorrow morning..
My first time watching This Morning in years it is so…! Ooh I wonder what two random presenters they’ll have tomorrow (please not Josie bleeping Gibson or I’ll be playing thumb yoga with the mute button!)

Reactions: 2
I do wish there was one last it takes two tomorrow for a final debrief. It always ends in such a rush and the winners don’t really get much of a public moment

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I know it didn't matter in the end because she won, but I think Vito (as much as I love him, and was still wanting them to win) really let Ellie down with the showdance. The point of it is to do something that really plays to the dancer's strengths (like Layton and Bobby, who both had simpler dances that really suited them), not to make the dance as hard as possible. Had Ellie had less lifts and slower moments in the dance, I think it would have been a lot better. You could see her throughout the dance thinking of what was coming next without really performing. She was just pushed too hard.

Reactions: 15
I know it didn't matter in the end because she won, but I think Vito (as much as I love him, and was still wanting them to win) really let Ellie down with the showdance. The point of it is to do something that really plays to the dancer's strengths (like Layton and Bobby, who both had simpler dances that really suited them), not to make the dance as hard as possible. Had Ellie had less lifts and slower moments in the dance, I think it would have been a lot better. You could see her throughout the dance thinking of what was coming next without really performing. She was just pushed too hard.
I don't think Vito let her down, is there not choreography from the likes of Gilkinson, or someone else

Reactions: 1
Sweet Baby Jesus what a conundrum of Christmas week! All my faves and that mashed spud face… 🤯
have to say though from looking at that - would love craig doyle on strictly.

i know itv would probably never let him but 🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Katya Jones doing her best impression of me and how I've lived my life on this thread for the last three months 😉
Screenshot_2023-12-17-21-47-33.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't think Vito let her down, is there not choreography from the likes of Gilkinson, or someone else
It was Matt Flint, with Vito. Though he did say Matt was saying there was too much in it (not necessarily lifts I guess). I'm torn as I agree if the lift had gone really wrong it would have been a disaster, and they didn't really need it (and standing on Vito's shoulders in 3-inch dance heels when you're not a highly trained dancer - it'd take a Jowita to do that confidently). But I'm also a hypocrite, as if it had gone right it'd have been the cherry on the cake and would surely have got them a 40.
If he ever gets to a final again after his Loose Women penitence I'd love a musicals/theatre/jazz routine

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The weirdest thing with Craig was the mention of Natasha Kaplinsky, he's not one to get sentimental so delving into the history books like that was a bit off.
That was what made me wonder if he’s leaving: getting emotional while reminiscing about how far the show has come since the start. Very odd. 🤔
---
Which makes me wonder if it was his last one last night- no longer under contract, not worried about not being asked back so he's saying what he wants
Same here. There certainly seems to be something strange going on with him just now.

Reactions: 9
and we appreciate you for it!

i maintain they were the only couple who probably could have challenged e&v. and i will be FOREVER MAD ABOUT IT 😭😭
I’m adding the loss of Nigel and Katya to my list of Strictly grievances alongside Danny Mac being robbed, Darcey refusing to give Danny’s AS a 10 and the crappy theme for Danny’s tango.

My grievances prior to this point were very much Danny Mac related.

(I think Ellie had the win sewn up from somewhere around the halfway point but we’ll never know what might have been if Nigel had excelled at the Charleston and AT. In reality, he’d probably have made a minor mistake, been heavily criticised for it and scored 8s but WE’LL NEVER KNOW.)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m adding the loss of Nigel and Katya to my list of Strictly grievances alongside Danny Mac being robbed, Darcey refusing to give Danny’s AS a 10 and the crappy theme for Danny’s tango.

My grievances prior to this point were very much Danny Mac related.

(I think Ellie had the win sewn up from somewhere around the halfway point but we’ll never know what might have been if Nigel had excelled at the Charleston and AT. In reality, he’d probably have made a minor mistake, been heavily criticised for it and scored 8s but WE’LL NEVER KNOW.)
The judges scoring of Nigel this season will forever baffle me and as soon as he was out of the competition it became all "mistakes don't matter" 🙃.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The judges scoring of Nigel this season will forever baffle me and as soon as he was out of the competition it became all "mistakes don't matter" 🙃.
Is it something against Katya- my god they have lumped her with some duds and she brought the best out in them- Nigel not a duffer- perhaps they don’t know how to compliment katya- it looks like they don’t want to anyhow - Maybe I am being unfair to them but Angela R praised on high and Nige would get a kicking to the goolies…🙄

Reactions: 8
I had to rewind, because I thought I'd misheard when he said he didnt like the AT the first time. I was like WTF?!
I thought that was really weird, because he did like it the first time: he gave a one word critique "A-may-zing". Which then made it surprising that he gave it a 9, but he still clearly liked it. I guess just a misfired attempt at humour, that he only likes things that are 10s?

Is it something against Katya- my god they have lumped her with some duds and she brought the best out in them- Nigel not a duffer- perhaps they don’t know how to compliment katya- it looks like they don’t want to anyhow - Maybe I am being unfair to them but Angela R praised on high and Nige would get a kick to the goolies…🙄
I do think Craig and Motsi were always really kind to Nigel tbh
Shirley of course likes her 'young men'
and Anton just chats codswallop

This was the year of the underdogs really, the ringers had it made very clear to them by the head Judge that they really weren't the true spirit of strictly .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.