Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think they also did it on DWTS with Iman & Daniella. But I agree, it was a stupid move, too risky for amateurs.
Yeah, they did didn't they. Funny, I didn't really think of it as a risky thing when they did it, I suppose because of the female being the pro. She also did it in bare feet which would have made it much easier.

Reactions: 4
I don't think he was ever supposed to catch her the way he did. I think they were trying to do this - lift at 33 seconds - but she fell.

Whatever it was supposed to be, I think it was incredibly stupid of them to attempt a lift like that, especially after Nigel's injury. Made me proper pissed at Vito, and even moreso at the producers. The routine already had loads of impressive lifts, so needlessly foolish to risk serious injury just to cram one more in.
When dancers practice lifts they also practice like a kill switch sort of catches but that's very hard to do successfully with an amateur especially in the circumstance of being the final when emotions and nerves are high.
I think the show as a whole were VERY lucky that Ellie kept calm and managed to execute a fail safe. 😬
There is a brief second as Vito realises the lift is going to go wrong were he genuinely looks terrified, I suspect that was part of his reaction sheer respect that she managed to avoid a concussion and did as they practiced.

With Craig being really impressed I do wonder if we will see it on the tour, would they really take that sort of risk? :unsure:

Reactions: 14
When dancers practice lifts they also practice like a kill switch sort of catches but that's very hard to do successfully with an amateur especially in the circumstance of being the final when emotions and nerves are high.
I think the show as a whole were VERY lucky that Ellie kept calm and managed to execute a fail safe. 😬
There is a brief second as Vito realises the lift is going to go wrong were he genuinely looks terrified, I suspect that was part of his reaction sheer respect that she managed to avoid a concussion and did as they practiced.

With Craig being really impressed I do wonder if we will see it on the tour, would they really take that sort of risk? :unsure:
I sincerely hope it's not allowed on tour.

Reactions: 13
Anyone fancy a 7 couple final like the Italian show?

If we were anything like them, Grangela would have been out there doing a Showdance.

• Haha

i honestly covered my eyes in the actual moment but watched it again this morning and ellie really
did so well to keep calm - i was so terrified that she was going to land head first. like you say, you can see the genuine fear from vito too (actually a little before ellie) so they both did pretty well to stay cool.

a ridiculous lift to get an amateur to do imo. it would have looked impressive but there’s just too much danger in having them try it on tour for me.
---
Yeah, they did didn't they. Funny, I didn't really think of it as a risky thing when they did it, I suppose because of the female being the pro. She also did it in bare feet which would have made it much easier.
i guess, like the dirty dancing lift, the role of the pro (as liftee or lifter) influences everything. you’re right that bare feet probably helps too!

it’s like the headbanger on DOI for me. they’re obsessed with it but it’s just too dangerous for amateurs to be attempting. ellie could have been seriously hurt if she’d panicked (as anyone naturally would).

Reactions: 12
I think Craig as a choreographer could recognise just how mad it was to put that lift in and that’s why he was so impressed with her recovery, I imagine there are plenty of professionals who wouldn’t even attempt to try it.
I don’t think it helped how fast the dance was, she had practically no time to actually get up there

Reactions: 15
Ellie and Vito had commented on ITT that if something went wrong, in the final, it could go really wrong - not those exact words, but it did make me wonder.
That must have been what they were referring to. I'm a wuss anyway but honestly nothing is worth risking an injury for, imo.

Reactions: 8
i honestly covered my eyes in the actual moment but watched it again this morning and ellie really
did so well to keep calm - i was so terrified that she was going to land head first. like you say, you can see the genuine fear from vito too (actually a little before ellie) so they both did pretty well to stay cool.

a ridiculous lift to get an amateur to do imo. it would have looked impressive but there’s just too much danger in having them try it on tour for me.
---

i guess, like the dirty dancing lift, the role of the pro (as liftee or lifter) influences everything. you’re right that bare feet probably helps too!

it’s like the headbanger on DOI for me. they’re obsessed with it but it’s just too dangerous for amateurs to be attempting. ellie could have been seriously hurt if she’d panicked (as anyone naturally would).
It was Vito's 'oh tit' face that made me close my eyes, my 8 year old had to shout "she's ok she's ok she didn't even hurt herself" 😬
I've followed Ice dancing for 20 years so seeing the celebs do the head banger makes me feel ill when I know there is some Pros out there with serious injuries including facial for such moves.

Vito's cousin filmed his families reaction they are loveably mental just like him :LOL: As they are announced winners his mum cracks the bottles open and starts giving everyone drinks and by the time they get to Vito's speech they light up Sparklers indoors :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
There's no way they'll do that on tour.

I think they'll repeat the Paso and AS. Layton will do Paso and Charleston, and Bobby will do Samba... but no idea what else. Actually, his showdance would work, but I think you would need the props and themeing for that one to work as a whole.

I think Craig as a choreographer could recognise just how mad it was to put that lift in and that’s why he was so impressed with her recovery, I imagine there are plenty of professionals who wouldn’t even attempt to try it.
I don’t think it helped how fast the dance was, she had practically no time to actually get up there
At the very least it could have been earlier in the dance when she had plenty of energy.

Reactions: 3
Same here @LaBlonde i keep hoping that they will say the headbanger is not to be attempted. I dread someone getting hurt.
If I remember rightly last year, the judges pretty much told someone to do it. Aaaargh.

I think they'll repeat the Paso and AS. Layton will do Paso and Charleston, and Bobby will do Samba... but no idea what else. Actually, his showdance would work, but I think you would need the props and themeing for that one to work as a whole.
I just hope they don't do the CC. I thought it really brought down the mood yesterday and that's really not suited to an arena tour. Suspect they will do their quickstep as well as the samba.

Reactions: 10

Bobby's QS would probably be a nice one for arenas.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.