Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the tip off for the 99p kindle deal for Jojos book, have just downloaded it. I booked tickets for his tour next year ages back and it’s now sold out where I’m seeing him. His star is rising and he deserves it. I bet he is as lovely off screen as on.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
One of my favourite JoJo moments was when Ellie said she was already jealous of his future partners and she wasn't happy that he was with Amy in the pro dance - he was proper job howling with laughter 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The budget for strictly is really lacking I found diannes paso outfit and it’s an insta brand only £100. I know in reality that’s quite expensive but for a primetime tv show it’s quite small. It’s also the same place vicky got mollys show dance outfit from which makes me side eye vicky for making a sketch for an outfit she didn’t design!
Wonder how much they spend on the outfits the presenters and female judges wear ? Two outfits each every Saturday ! Another reason that they need to scrap the pretence that Sunday's show isn't filmed straight after Saturday's ! Spend the money they save on their 2nd outfits for better costumes for the dancers !

Reactions: 9
Wonder how much they spend on the outfits the presenters and female judges wear ? Two outfits each every Saturday ! Another reason that they need to scrap the pretence that Sunday's show isn't filmed straight after Saturday's ! Spend the money they save on their 2nd outfits for better costumes for the dancers !
Good point, it's daft having the judges, Tess and Claudia change outfits. Would anybody really even notice if they didn't?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I REALLY hope Diane doesn’t win she’s the worst dancer and choreographer there and there’s some absolutely amazing dancers that haven’t got near that glitter ball! I know that it’s all about the celeb but Vito and Nikita have bee Amazon with their partners.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
One of my favourite JoJo moments was when Ellie said she was already jealous of his future partners and she wasn't happy that he was with Amy in the pro dance - he was proper job howling with laughter 😂
I loved him and Ellie together. I remember having tears in my eyes when they spoke on the night that they were eliminated. And I'm a hard hearted creature, mostly 😁. They brought a great fun partnership to last years Strictly.
I hope he gets a really lighthearted partnership next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The budget for strictly is really lacking I found diannes paso outfit and it’s an insta brand only £100. I know in reality that’s quite expensive but for a primetime tv show it’s quite small. It’s also the same place vicky got mollys show dance outfit from which makes me side eye vicky for making a sketch for an outfit she didn’t design!
They're saving money on Vito's trouser material so clearly there's not much money in the coffers!
I do feel the sketches often don't really resemble the reality much. I guess tonight we'll get glimpses of the outfits - praying for no Shein catsuits or Strictly's attempt at 'sexy' outfits.

ETA: interesting positioning for the finalists' photocall. Wonder if Dianne's uncle bribed the photographers? and I thought at first glance that Vito had his hand inside Ellie's top but no!

1702557864854.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Ellie's odds are insane she's still shortening! Her management team must be overjoyed, she was little known outside of Corrie and after been dumped rather harshly after being such a long serving cast member, has managed to establish herself independently from Faye/Corrie within a matter of months.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They're saving money on Vito's trouser material so clearly there's not much money in the coffers!
I do feel the sketches often don't really resemble the reality much. I guess tonight we'll get glimpses of the outfits - praying for no Shein catsuits or Strictly's attempt at 'sexy' outfits.

ETA: interesting positioning for the finalists' photocall. Wonder if Dianne's uncle bribed the photographers?

View attachment 2629413
Dianne still stood at the podium, nails dug into the plastic

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ellie's odds are insane she's still shortening! Her management team must be overjoyed, she was little known outside of Corrie and after been dumped rather harshly after being such a long serving cast member, has managed to establish herself independently from Faye/Corrie within a matter of months.
I really hope she does well out of this. Young people in soaps often get totally typecast and struggle to find any other roles. It must have been really scary for her leaving Corrie and not knowing what the future may hold.
Layton is pretty well established and will definitely benefit from strictly. Bobby will be going back to Eastenders and has modelling to fall back on as well as already being well known because of his parents.

Reactions: 17
I’d always assumed that Tess, Claudia, Motsi & Shirley are loaned dresses for the show.

Aside from anything else, I can’t image the BBC can be arsed with storing 100-ish barely worn outfits every series, and we don’t see the dresses being used on other BBC shows (what would be a suitable vehicle for some of Motsi’s more artful numbers?), so I’d be very surprised if they’re paying rrp for them all.

Reactions: 6
Dianne still stood at the podium, nails dug into the plastic
That grin is a touch rictus. Hope they didn't have to dig the podium out to remove her.

Dianne is giving 'I can't believe little old me won!! I'd like to thank the Academy, and my partner Billy'. Layton is giving 'pretty sure I'm not winning this, but I've got the best career out of everyone'. Ellie and Vito are just having a cute cuddle.

• Heart

ETA: interesting positioning for the finalists' photocall. Wonder if Dianne's uncle bribed the photographers? and I thought at first glance that Vito had his hand inside Ellie's top but no!

View attachment 2629413
Dianne has clearly handcuffed herself to the trophy.

• Haha
That grin is a touch rictus. Hope they didn't have to dig the podium out to remove her.

Dianne is giving 'I can't believe little old me won!! I'd like to thank the Academy, and my partner Billy'. Layton is giving 'pretty sure I'm not winning this, but I've got the best career out of everyone'. Ellie and Vito are just having a cute cuddle.
I have a great image in my head of her being dragged away 🤣 as they try to wrestle the glitter ball out of her grasp.
Henry Sellers in Father Ted springs to mind.

i think the other two pairs have genuine friendship out of the whole thing. Bobby will run for the hills or to Erin Island. 🤣

0F796D3E-4CCF-4358-A7C7-27EE240A122C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I really hope she does well out of this. Young people in soaps often get totally typecast and struggle to find any other roles. It must have been really scary for her leaving Corrie and not knowing what the future may hold.
Layton is pretty well established and will definitely benefit from strictly. Bobby will be going back to Eastenders and has modelling to fall back on as well as already being well known because of his parents.
It was a great move to get her on Strictly and shed the dour Faye image, often Soap actors are just playing an exaggerated version of themselves, Ellie couldn't be further from Faye.
I had to laugh when Vito said on the Strictly podcast he watched some Corrie once he knew he was getting Ellie and was surprised she was funny and had a sense of humour, he thought would have to 'pick her up' which in Vito language I assume he meant cheer her up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It was a great move to get her on Strictly and shed the dour Faye image, often Soap actors are just playing an exaggerated version of themselves, Ellie couldn't be further from Faye.
I had to laugh when Vito said on the Strictly podcast he watched some Corrie once he knew he was getting Ellie and was surprised she was funny and had a sense of humour, he thought would have to 'pick her up' which in Vito language I assume he meant cheer her up.
It’s such a shame that Corrie made her such a mopey character for so long, especially when it’s generally considered the more humourous soap.

OT but similarly saw Natalie Cassidy on Sewing Bee the other day and she seemed really fun, shame Eastenders have made Sonia so boring.

Reactions: 11
It’s such a shame that Corrie made her such a mopey character for so long, especially when it’s generally considered the more humourous soap.

OT but similarly saw Natalie Cassidy on Sewing Bee the other day and she seemed really fun, shame Eastenders have made Sonia so boring.
I saw Natalie Cassidy on some radio show not that long ago and was surprised by her being so quick witted!
I can't recall what she was like on Strictly, was she funny or has she just grown into herself later in life?

Reactions: 5
I saw Natalie Cassidy on some radio show not that long ago and was surprised by her being so quick witted!
I can't recall what she was like on Strictly, was she funny or has she just grown into herself later in life?
All I remember from her being on Strictly is that she was way too excited for one dance to be wearing a hair bow made of real hair (this was said at every opportunity) and she kept making sure that we knew the reason lifts were out was because her and Vincent were the same height.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.