Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Honeystar

VIP Member
God I really feel for Annabel, I think these next couple of weeks are going to be incredibly tough on her, the combination of not having Strictly and spending every day with Johannes plus the first Christmas without her husband, what a shitter

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Layton remaining stoic every time the camera cut to him during the results show.

20231210_232349.jpg

Nikita experiencing the full gamut of emotions.

20231210_232125.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Millais

Chatty Member
What’s happened to little Mark Owen?! When he appeared behind the judges like that it looked like he was pestering them for change so he could get some spice.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

savedlatin21

VIP Member
A beautiful beautiful man, and I love watching him dance. So graceful. I loved the way he named Annabel's family. He is such a sweetheart.
Johannes is such a beautiful soul, love his elegance and grace - I'm always scared it's his last Strictly. Don't go Johannes!!

• Heart
Reactions: 35

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Has Bobby got more likeable over recent weeks or has Desperate Di been so annoying that she's made him seem more likeable by comparison? I was even thinking 'bless him' when he got emotional there. I'm still not voting for him though 😁 Ellie for the win for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

nicalibres

VIP Member
She’s still arguing back with random people on the BBC Instagram page. Jayde vibes! She also needs to acquaint herself with basic punctuation and spelling. It’s not a good look for a pro to be seeking out comments and responding when criticised. If Nigel (😍😢) hadn’t been injured, they wouldn’t be there
Even if Dianne wasn’t maniacally and aggressively desperate, I simply could never root for anyone who doesn’t know the difference between “aloud” and “allowed”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Mufasa

Chatty Member
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so utterly devastated as Johannes in that final dance 😭😭😭😭😭😭 he couldn’t even lift his head from Annabelle’s shoulder 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Surely Bobby & Diane will know they haven’t got a chance of winning it? I do think Ellie will win and I don’t mind that. But I’ve enjoyed Nikita & Layton’s partnership.
I think Ellie deserves to win, I have enjoyed all her dances this season. She's done so well!!

I am satisfied that Layton has made it the final. It is what I wanted and I am looking forward to seeing what him and Nikita bring to the final next week and I won't be disappointed if he won tbh either.

I think Bobby should be proud of himself for how far he's come!!

Boogs

VIP Member
I actually think Annabel came across much better this week. I like that she knew her salsa was crap and she could laugh at it.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
God I really feel for Annabel, I think these next couple of weeks are going to be incredibly tough on her, the combination of not having Strictly and spending every day with Johannes plus the first Christmas without her husband, what a shitter
If you dont get to the final, this week is really the best one to go out on though … you’re still part of the show, still needed for the end of show group dance training, still there on Friday and Saturday, you get your own Proper ITT exit interview and don’t have to do a show dance and shine up a couple of others all while being on the final promo trail.

Reactions: 32

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Yes I think Blackpool changed a lot of people’s views about Bobby and Dianne. He appeared to handle being in the DO well and was comforting her whilst she bawled her head off. It should be about the contestant and their journey and the professionals job is to teach and showcase them but Dianne is very self focused. Her Facebook posts in fan groups reminding people that Bobby had no dance experience just seem to highlight her desperation to win at any costs.
Agreed. I liked Bobby, I vaguely knew him from his role in Eastenders which I watch from time to time.
His initial behaviour in the training room put me off him.

In Blackpool, he was definitely the mature one about the dance off while Dianne was in bits. I know her dad is having treatment and I did think at the time, that was at least partly why she got so emotional, rather than it being purely about the dance off.

I think it's evident now that he is working hard and he acquitted himself quite well on Saturday night. That dragging of Dianne across the floor was cringeworthy but he is doing what has been choreographed for him so that's not his fault.

Dianne would never have been a favourite of mine, but I thought she was okay. The nonsense she spouted after THE LIFT last week about how she trusted him more than the actual pros had my eyes rolling. Also her insensitivity about being the only female pro left - given the fact that Nigel and Katya had to withdraw because of Nigel being injured - was eye watering. (Apart from the fact that she couldn't hold a candle to Katya, talent wise, imo.)

I like Bobby again (although he is not my winner) but I wish Shirley would STFU - 'king of ballroom' - stop trying to make it happen, Shirl. And Dianne should really stay far away from social media, imo. She is doing Bobby no favours, and is just showing herself up.

Reactions: 31

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Annabel's sob story is the only one I will tolerate this year, I'm really glad she was able to have such a healing experience. Even if I didn't care for her much as a dancer, hopefully she will stay friends with Johannes for a long time.

Reactions: 31

OtherMoon

VIP Member
First thing in the morning during the week of the final she shouldn’t even be thinking of that. She should be focussing on Bobby and their performances, not how to make sure that people vote for them so she can win regardless of how he actually dances!

If she wants to engage fans then she needs to be posting on her page not going into groups in a blatant attempt to manipulate the votes.
---
If I was Vito or Nikita I would be furious at this.
She's so unprofessional at this point it's unreal. I get the impression the Pros on the whole know that at this stage the finalist pros can go a bit loopy but they give them grace knowing the will soon be back to normal once the Glitter Ball has been lifted.
But it's only Tuesday what is she going to be like by Saturday she's in serious danger of alienating Vito and Nikita if she gets any worse.

Even the silly little dig about only acting 1 year compared to child actors Ellie and Layton is so damn petty especially since Bobby has been in the public eye since birth with two well known parents, he's hardly a fresh eyed youngster thrust suddenly into the limelight.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Boogs

VIP Member
Ellie's AS and Layton's AT are excellent choices.

Bobby's CC is really, really not.
I feel that doing an emotional dance dedicated to a dead loved one should be a one off and not repeated in the final in a cynical bid to win.

Reactions: 30