Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m slightly anxious about the Charleston. Nikita is going to shove everything he can in it, he’s said it’s their hardest dance and with them learning 2 dances it’s risky.
Nooo!!! 😭😭 Okay I will temper my excitement!! I loved last weekends but their routines have been very hit and miss for me overall, I was hoping a corner had been turned... I just really love Charleston's and want them to do an amazing one🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am excited but I am genuinely anxious about both dances, really for the first time. I love Nikita's choreography and I'm hopeful that, out of everyone, Layton can cope with the 2 dances, but Nikita DOES love to make things difficult and I'm worried that it might scramble the brain of even the quickest learners.
Yes, I’m confident that Layton is more than capable of learning 2 dances but Nikita loves to push him and the boundaries and I worry he will make it too complicated. I’ll be gutted if they go on Saturday.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m slightly anxious about the Charleston. Nikita is going to shove everything he can in it, he’s said it’s their hardest dance and with them learning 2 dances it’s risky.
Nikita won’t be choreographing the Charleston, will he? Probably be Matt Flint if it’s Donald O’Connor tap style.

Reactions: 10
Yeah the Charleston will have an extra choreographer (like you said likely Matt given the style) but I wouldn't be shocked if Nikita has 'suggestions'.

The rumba sounds like it's going to be difficult, given what Nikita was saying at the end of the clip, and them discussing all the different walks they're doing.

• Sad
OMG Bobby pulling Dianne across the floor is pure shite!

I must be unwell because Bobby has grown on me and I cannot abide Dianne. I wouldn't mind if Bobby went through, just not with Dianne. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It got me to thinking, has Bobby actually got better, or is Dianne just SO bad now that he's practically saint like in comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The only way we'd know is if Dianne is unable to dance this week and he pulls a blinder with another dancer (I feel like without the height difference and the desperate, annoying partner he might look a lot better already)

I'm not worried at all tbh

I genuinely think it's a forgone conclusion that the final 2 will be layton and ellie and ellie will win

I will be disappointed by this cos layton is clearly better but it's incredibly rare that the better contestant wins

and then we can refresh our chants of "danny mac wuz robbed" with "layton wuz robbed" 😀

• Haha
Yes, I’m confident that Layton is more than capable of learning 2 dances but Nikita loves to push him and the boundaries and I worry he will make it too complicated. I’ll be gutted if they go on Saturday.
Of all of them I think Layton has the advantage here as he is used to learning routines quickly. It did look complicated though, and they mentioned lots of props!

Reactions: 6
I see Dancing with the Stars named the winners trophy the Len Goodman mirrorball. Meanwhile Strictly have done nothing in tribute yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I see Dancing with the Stars named the winners trophy the Len Goodman mirrorball. Meanwhile Strictly have done nothing in tribute yet.
Len doesn't fit the overly emotional, naff way the show has went so the producers don't care about his legacy sadly. They did the bare minimum.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Really? I'm surprised she doesn't want to do the Dirty Dancing dance again seeing as Bobby did the lift really well🤭
There was a bit near the start of that routine, Dianne had her back to the camera and she was flailing her arms about in the air and it looked SO messy and unprofessional, I actually cringed so hard I turned inside out.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not worried at all tbh

I genuinely think it's a forgone conclusion that the final 2 will be layton and ellie and ellie will win

I will be disappointed by this cos layton is clearly better but it's incredibly rare that the better contestant wins

and then we can refresh our chants of "danny mac wuz robbed" with "layton wuz robbed" 😀
I'll certainly get on board with an 'Ellie and Layton were robbed' if Annabel wins!

Apparently the kink shorts were the same brand as the shirt and jeans Nikita wore yesterday. The jacket is nice though

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I'll be honest I don't care who gets through this weekend as long as its not Bobby and desperate Di.

Reactions: 7
I'm split between wanting Bobby out to see Dianne's reaction and wanting Annabel out because I can't bear 3 Foxtrots in one night.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
All the talk of the 4 that are through - I’m still not over Nigel not being there

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
OMG Bobby pulling Dianne across the floor is pure shite!

I must be unwell because Bobby has grown on me and I cannot abide Dianne. I wouldn't mind if Bobby went through, just not with Dianne. 😳
As I said upthread, Bobby is coming across a lot better than Dianne now.

The night in Blackpool when she fell apart, he remained very calm, and said all the right things as regards the dance off. He seems more mature than her now.

Reactions: 14
Bobby and Annabel are equal in my eyes which means I’m basing who I want to go through on the pro and I’d love Johannes to be in the final over Desperate Di

All the talk of the 4 that are through - I’m still not over Nigel not being there
Glad you said that youre not the only one Im still gutted Nigel isnt in the competition. I have no doubt he would still be here if he got to do this Charleston and to think had he got through potentially his AT this weekend. . I rarely agree with Brendan Cole buit I agree with him that one of Bobby and Annabel will be lucky to get there. Thats why im rooting for Annabel more because it would annoy me more if Bobby got through.

Now my favourite has gone I will be putting my 21 online votes to Layton and Nikita because I think they are just great and their chemistry is off the charts.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.