Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed the waistcoat moment too. Every time I rewatched it…..
Glad it wasn’t just me ♥
I do wonder sometimes, with her questionable hygiene and crass potty humour is so at odds with the other Pros who are all well groomed and sophisticated in comparison. Yet she seems to have some warm friendships 🤷‍♀️
I think on the whole the professionals seem like a friendly supportive bunch who care about each other. I think they were genuinely delighted for Nikita when they got 40 last night.

Reactions: 14
I would absolutely ❤ it if Layton and Nikita danced to Nikita by Elton John. A beautiful waltz 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would absolutely ❤ it if Layton and Nikita danced to Nikita by Elton John. A beautiful waltz 😍😍
Part of me would love him to dance a romantic waltz in a long floaty dress just so all the vile bigots heads would finally explode and the world would become and happier place.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Dianne needs to get a bloody grip. harping on about how good Bobby is and the lift went ok, NO THE LIFT WENT WRONG so shut up! if that wasn't embarrassing enough she is using her ill father to gain sympathy and votes. Jeez she reeks of desperation I really hope they get voted out next week because the way she is acting is really beginning to annoy me.

Reactions: 19
Dianne needs to get a bloody grip. harping on about how good Bobby is and the lift went ok, NO THE LIFT WENT WRONG so shut up. Jeez she reeks of desperation I really hope they get voted out next week because the way she is acting is really beginning to annoy me.
Can you imagine the fallout if she gets eliminated next week?

Reactions: 6
I am (shockingly!) still rooting for Ellie and Vito even though everyone seems to be turning against them. I love Layton and Nikita (but don't ship/stan them), have enjoyed most of their dances, really and want them to do well. But I have really loved Ellie's run of dances from paso-salsa-AS, plus her Charleston and AT. Even last night I enjoyed - yes, I'd probably have preferred a traditional QS but they were given a complicated assignment and did really well - Ellie was superb and Vito was hilarious as Gaston (obviously his true identity as an evil manipulator coming through!). And Luke Evans liked it!

At this point Ellie and Layton plus Bobby is probably the most entertaining final possible - I don't think I can sit through Annabel's Foxtrot-based Showdance and you know Dianne would try some batshit choreo that will probably be a disaster.
I want either Ellie or Layton to win. And the other to be runner up. I wanted Nigel to be the other finalist but now I don't care who the third finalist is. As long as they don't win. 😁

Reactions: 16
In all honesty if Annabel or Bobby win - then whilst I would be very disappointed at the end of the day they are the ones that have entertained the public/viewers the most. I just hope we get some good dances from Layton and Ellie. The only problem with a Layton or Ellie win is that next year Nikita or Vito will def get the ‘duffer’. I hate that term because how awful must be for that celeb who tries just hard as everyone else but isn’t a natural dancer and then gets slightly mocked.

Reactions: 9
Jeez she will probably have a breakdown. I bet Katya is annoyed she's out of the comp and stupid Dianne is the only female pro left. Katya is one of the best female pros in Strictly, her routines are always brilliant.

Reactions: 11
Glad it wasn’t just me ♥

I think on the whole the professionals seem like a friendly supportive bunch who care about each other. I think they were genuinely delighted for Nikita when they got 40 last night.
I have to admire your relentless determination to shoehorn Nikita into every conversation.

Someone: “Dianne stinks”

You: “everyone loves Nikita ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m not sure I want to be around when they inevitably get booted out next week. I just can’t see an outcome where they aren’t the couple leaving…

Reactions: 1
Part of me would love him to dance a romantic waltz in a long floaty dress just so all the vile bigots heads would finally explode and the world would become and happier place.
This.

I bloody loved them last night, from the moment the VT started to when Nikita was in tears at the end. Props to Nikita for not holding back in his choreo in the face of some blatant and barely concealed homophobia. I didn't think I would like Layton when he was announced because of the stage school vibe, but my god, he's a bloody delight. He was v sweet with Nikita after the scoring, which reminded me very much of Angela consoling Carlos. There's a great bond there.

Yes, he's a Westend performer and yes, he's already a great dancer, albeit not ballroom and Latin trained, but I would love it if they won.That would make my heart sing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
SO many articles out there about how Bobby is on to big things after Strictly and like...

With what talent?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've genuinely wondered since Blackpool when someone who was there mentioned Anton seemed really nervous as they were preparing to go live if he's struggling with nerves and maybe having a wee dram to calm himself. If so he needs to find an alternative solution because it sure ain't calming him! 😬
That was
Me! He was so weird when the camera was on him. Almost like he hadn’t thought through what he was going to say. He kept on trying to do funny quips and asides that were just shite. Shirley is a poisoned little dwarf who is flanked by 2 men in order to walk to the stage in her ridiculous heels. It was actually Craig and Motsi who spent the most time out front and interacting. Sorry. I digress!

Reactions: 7
I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt that she does know how to do the step correctly normally and she just got confused because of something to do with where the sequence was considered to begin and end between each step... but then she said that other pros immediately told her it was wrong after watching her recording. And she said she still wasn't sure what she'd done wrong... um...
I haven't really had an opinion on Dianne except for the fact that her hair looks bad and she talks like a squeaky primary school teacher at times, but when I watched her pro challenge I was flabbergasted that she'd got the sequence wrong and then still had no idea what she should have been doing...learning steps is literally her job?! As soon as the VT started I said to my husband "oh she's only done half the amount of middle steps, she's going to have all of them disqualified" and I don't have any dance experience, I just have eyes!! Did they pair her and Bobby together for matching intellects?!

I cringed so hard last night when she announced she wouldn't trust any of the pros to lift her and waved her wotsit-coloured hand around while she talked shite 😂
---
SO many articles out there about how Bobby is on to big things after Strictly and like...

With what talent?
I'd imagine it'd be Ellie that'd be on to big things - she's a little bland but clearly talented, definitely talented enough to do something other than play a frumpy, whingy part on Corrie!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is it just me or is Katya overly tactile with Nigel??
I think she’s the one who always get picked up on it and implications made. This series Annabel is constantly pawing at Johannes’ face ( his therapist bill will be HUGE this year) Vito smothers Ellie in kisses, Bobby Cheesestring is very handsy with Diane and Layton and Nikita are so tactile it sends alarm bells up the arses of the pearl clutching Daily Mail brigade. Katya is always unfairly commented on because of the Sean debacle. Look at how the long lens training pics were distorted to make it look like something completely different and read the comments on some posts this morning saying the injury is a fake and his wife has called him back in for his dinner! Apologies I’ve gone off at a tangent again. Blame the lurgy fever!

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.