Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redline

I was lucky to actually attend tonight's show thanks to my daughter being friends with someone on the production and have only just got back. It was incredible but a few things that stood out:

1. The dance floor is a lot smaller than it looks on TV! It looks massive on screen but in the flesh it's about the size of 1.5 tennis courts!
  2. I bumped into Tom Hiddleston (yummy) and Debbie McGee (lovely!)
  3. I'd obviously been reading the news about Nigel in advance, but because we had to surrender our phones at the entrance and so a lot of people didn't know about it. When it was announced by Claudia in the warm up there was genuine gasps from the audience.
  4. Layton's dance was AMAZING.
  5. Between the recordings for the results show, the pro dancers were all on the dance floor getting ready and then had a little song and dance with the warm up guy. Carlos sang Adele (not very good but had lots of enthusiasm), Graz sang an Italian song (I can't remember which one as I was drooling from looking at him) but Kai sang Elvis' In the Ghetto and had an amazing voice!
  6. Claudia is as mad as a box of frogs but bloody amazing!
  7. The whole production was just really interesting to see, how each part fits together and the amount of people working to make sure it all flows smoothly

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I'm still cackling about Bobby's cockney "NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER" in that blank, emotionless tone kids use when they're learning to read.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Any spoilers yet?
;)
Unprecedented 4-way tie for the DO being reported on Twitter - leaked by Tom Hiddleston apparently, but I won't believe it until Dave Thorp posts it.

Bobby vs Annabel vs Ellie vs Layton

Layton drop kicks Bobby in the nuts while he's performing the lift. Bobby out. Dianne falls to her knees in utter devastation.

Nigel storms the floor exclaiming, LOOK AT ME! I'M PETER PAN! while mimicking an aeroplane! Knocks out Annabel stone cold. Johannes falls to his knees in utter relief.

Bobby and Annabel out. Ellie and Layton through to the semi's. Nigel reinstated under the condition he must remain smacked off his tits for the remainder of the run.

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
At least Craig called out the lift for being bad, none of the other judges were going to mention it

Reactions: 41

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I’m gutted for Nigel & Katya. I bet Tessbot is currently hyperventilating into a paper bag in make up at the uncertainty of the results show.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Dianne is the weakest pro left. How she gets a celeb every year and never gets benched I’ll never know.

Reactions: 36

diamondthunder

VIP Member
Ellie - Slightly weird song, slightly weird routine, horrible singing, but I thought she did pretty well given what they had to work with. Really wish we could've seen what she could do with a proper song and styling. She acted it well though.

Annabel - Irked me that no one mentioned her clawlike grip on Johannes' shoulder. Other than that it was fine, but I would say it was the same, if not slightly worse than her American Smooth. No improvement. But her scores were fair so can't complain too much. Whatever they did to that poor song has to be one of the worst crimes the show has ever committed. Up until it was usurped by the sea shanty fever dream anyway.

Layton - It wasn't quite what I was envisioning, I think they could've used better parts of the song and I still think a little bit of capework wouldn't have gone amiss, but thankfully all my worries about it not looking great in the camera blocking footage were unfounded. It was absolutely amazing and well and truly deserved the 40. I loved it, it's probably tied with the Cha Cha for my favourite of their dances. Thank god their costumes were great after last week's debacle. The singing was as horrendous as expected, but after a few rewatches I'm desensitised to it. Aww, Nikita crying! 🥺 And all the other pros so happy for them! 🥰

Motsi and Nikita both mentioning the trolling, presumably given the green light from high up? Curious why they've suddenly decided to gently address it now. I think having some intern delete the worst of it from the official insta/twitter/facebook pages from the start would've perhaps been a better move (though of course the bigots would've screamed about their right to free speech being censored.)

Booby - I didn't actually think it was that bad? Apart from nearly dropping Dianne, of course. The 9s were too high, but I thought he did alright and it was one of his least bad dances. Wouldn't rush to rewatch it or anything, but it was OK. I honestly started to find Bobby a bit less annoying this week. He seemed to be taking it more seriously and working harder and I was about to be happy for him to get reasonably good scores, up until Dianne had to open her big trap and blather that fucking nonsense about trusting Beanstalk McNoodle Arms (who just nearly dropped her!) more than the other pros. :rolleyes:

Can't believe we have to put up with either them or Annabel in the final. I really wish Angela was still in. And Nigel of course. :cry:

Also, will never understand the nutters who whine about ringers. What a snoozefest the night would've been without Layton. It was bad enough without Nigel. I really hope Katya is allowed to post some rehearsal footage on instagram. You could tell it was going to be a great one, possibly go last and get the second 40. It'd be a real shame to not be able to see any of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
BBC I am once again pleading with you to just buy the rights and play the original track. Stick in on my telly license I’ll pay it all to save us.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

bluecups

VIP Member
Gorka, Nadia and Neil’s facial expressions at the precise moment when Dianne said she didn’t trust any of the pros to do “the lift”.
Such a shitty thing to say, how insulting!
46ABFD39-94B0-41B3-9F50-5BDFADEE6864.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 34

LaBlonde

VIP Member
aw i’m gutted :(

it must have happened so fast: katya literally only posted on insta like here we go! a few hours ago. i hope he’s okay.

please no please no to a two person final.

• Heart
  • Sad

Clovis

VIP Member
Lmao Nigel really is fucked up on some lovely painkillers. He's so giggly haha.

• Haha
  • Heart