Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m gutted for Nigel & Katya. I bet Tessbot is currently hyperventilating into a paper bag in make up at the uncertainty of the results show.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
aw iā€™m gutted :(

it must have happened so fast: katya literally only posted on insta like here we go! a few hours ago. i hope heā€™s okay.

please no please no to a two person final.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I just said on the old thread that my mum has said that Nigel has probably ā€˜just had enough and told them to piss offā€™šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Damn I only left to go buy some snacks! I just wasn't emotionally prepared for the news I was so confused when I logged back on šŸ˜¢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Aw Iā€™m gutted Nigel has withdrawn, especially for musicals week! Itā€™s such a shame, but stone show has lost its fun side. The judges expect perfection from the celebs too early on.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I'm so sad for Nigel and Katya. I hope he's ok and isn't seriously injured.

Can't be bothered watching now. I'll follow on here

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don't think he is injured as he seemed fine on ITT last night and he didn't turn up to rehearsals today apparently.
i donā€™t think so - katya literally posted on insta five hours ago saying ā€œhere we go!ā€ about the show: i donā€™t think she would have done that if he hadnā€™t turned up.

sounds like heā€™s been injured IN rehearsals tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Itā€™s so late in the day, could the injury have occurred during studio rehearsals?

Reactions: 8
I don't think he is injured as he seemed fine on ITT last night and he didn't turn up to rehearsals today apparently.
Also there's been conflicting reports about the injury - leg or rib?
Conflicting stories are par fhe course at this point, aren't they?
I guess they are too busy trying to work out what to do with a show in 2 hours than correct every rumour, leak and suppositon.

Itā€™s so late in the day, could the injury have occurred during studio rehearsals?
seems the most likely to me sadly :(

isnā€™t that what happened with will and the terrible table jump? or was that the camera run the day before? i canā€™t remember!

Reactions: 1
Marvellous, itā€™s just marvellous! Someone could come out and tit all over the dance floor and heā€™d still think it was ā€˜marvellousā€™
ā€œYou came round there and I went WOWWW! And then you went round here and WEEEEEE! I was like WOW WEEEEEEE, and the titā€™s flying everywhere, WOOOOSSSHH! and I went WOOOOOOO! MARVELLOUS!ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The Mail article quotes Gio the Strictly insider (who's taken the day off slagging off Vito)

"A source told The Sun: 'Nigel wasn't in training this morning, and other dancers were informed later on in the day. He and Katya were really disappointed as they were hoping to stay in the competition."

So sounds like he knew before rehearsals? maybe they did more practice after ITT and it happened then?

seems the most likely to me sadly :(

isnā€™t that what happened with will and the terrible table jump? or was that the camera run the day before? i canā€™t remember!
I think it was on the Saturday, same with Jade Johnson.
i think Natalie Gumede also had to pull out the show on the day.

Reactions: 2
Also there's been conflicting reports about the injury - leg or rib?
Conflicting stories are par fhe course at this point, aren't they?
I guess they are too busy trying to work out what to do with a show in 2 hours than correct every rumour, leak and suppositon.
Might be both, if he fell off the roof/chimney prop.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Would having a 3 person semi final create some problems in terms of who'd end up in the DO, as they could potentially all end up with the same score? Or if it would be impossible for the lowest scorer to avoid the DO? (Sorry, my maths is shite and I can't work it out)

The Mail article quotes Gio the Strictly insider (who's taken the day off slagging off Vito)

"A source told The Sun: 'Nigel wasn't in training this morning, and other dancers were informed later on in the day. He and Katya were really disappointed as they were hoping to stay in the competition."

So sounds like he knew before rehearsals? maybe they did more practice after ITT and it happened then?
I wonder if it was a similar situation to AJ there was a lingering problem they were hoping to solider on and make it to the end?

Reactions: 2
I think the issue with a 2 person final is just that, the last time it happened, it was always obvious who was going to win and the whole thing just seemed to go on for-ev-er

so I would assume tptb would hope to avoid that scenario again. there's already been plenty of people here and on twitter saying they won't watch now and they need their ratings

another 2 person final would be terrible for that

I'm just mithering though

I'm definitely not gonna be able to concentrate on dr who tonight šŸ« 

Would having a 3 person semi final create some problems in terms of who'd end up in the DO, as they could potentially all end up with the same score? Or if it would be impossible for the lowest scorer to avoid the DO? (Sorry, my maths is shite and I can't work it out)
This might be why it would be best if they have no elimination and roll the scores over a week that way the judges board is based on 3 dances making ties less likely.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.