Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I Can't Sing was really good and if it had run longer I'd have seen it again 🤣, not just cos it was Nigel (the only reason I booked a ticket) but cos it was actually funny and entertaining. Such a shame it ended early.

Can't say I'm sad about Angela going (I called her forgettable Angela), but I'd rather it was Bobby or Annabel 🙈.
I can't sing had such a short run I didn't have time to go and see it.

It only lasted a matter of weeks.

Nigel was obviously brilliant in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Really sad to Angela go. Bloody Annabel 😩 I convinced she’s going to be in the final 😭

Reactions: 7
Tom, is that you?
I'm genuinely worried that I might be! We made fun of Amy basically becoming a Fletcher after they were eliminated but I fear I would be that celebrity. I would be keeping my pro in my life whether they liked it or not!

Seriously though, Strictly is very unique as a reality show in the way it requires celebrities to build such a close partnership with their professional. By this point, they've spent six days a week together for nearly three months almost always 1:1. It must be very odd - and difficult - to go from that to suddenly realising you're not going to be back in the studio together on Monday morning. And you almost don't get a chance to prepare for that reality because you can't finish training on Thursday with the mindset that you're about to dance your last dance.

Reactions: 15
First of all, I don't hate Shirley or anyone on Strictly. It's just a TV show after all. I just think Layton was the better dancer there and three of the judges agreed. Yet the expression on her face and her comment just then was along the lines of "well, you're all wrong, Layton sucked" while looking arsey.

It just felt like she wanted to be difficult perhaps out of a dislike for Layton rather than genuinely having a different opinion from her fellow judges. Just my view, though.
See, I think sometimes does a sympathy vote. Chuck a bit of comfort the way of the celeb who is obviously going out. She’s done nothing but sing Laytons praises until this week.. but in a case of that dance off, she looks completely ridiculous doing it. There was absolutely no competition between those dances whatsoever.

Reactions: 10
I thought I Can't Sing was really good and if it had run longer I'd have seen it again 🤣, not just cos it was Nigel (the only reason I booked a ticket) but cos it was actually funny and entertaining. Such a shame it ended early.
Yeah I was more meaning the fact it closed so soon… it was awfully uneven and I can’t help but feel it would have done better in a much smaller venue, but anything with Cynthia Erivo and Simon Lipkin is catnip to me 😅❤

Sad that Angela has gone - as others have said I would have preferred Annabel to go first. 🤞 for next week…

Do you think the Annabel vote will start spreading to other people now maybe? As in, as we get to the end of the comp, those voting for Annabel will switch to others to try get them to the final? I hope so.. next week is going to be VERY interesting. It’ll be Layton v anyone except Ellie 😬

Jesus the FB comments on Angela’s leaving post re full of vitriol against Layton.

“He annoys me, he actually thinks he’s fantastic” well he is hun

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I know most won't want to hear it but we've seen from the samba bobby has got the hips so an upbeat salsa seems to be a strong choice for him.
Depending on what others get could easily sail through next week.
Layton however has burned through the fast paced dances that play to his strength and one is always saved for semi finals
Coupled with the lack of support might only have enough to keep himself in one more week.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I know most won't want to hear it but we've seen from the samba bobby has got the hips so an upbeat salsa seems to be a strong choice for him.
Depending on what others get could easily sail through next week.
Layton however has burned through the fast paced dances that play to his strength and one is always saved for semi finals
Coupled with the lack of support might only have enough to keep himself in one more week.
If Nikita isn't in the final I will cry and cry until I'm sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.