Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly think this is gonna be an elimination I'm gonna rant about for years

bobby and annabel were right there!

it's not quite an aston exit, but it wasn't right
Yeah, I'm pissed off with this one. I really like Angela, and she's made a lot of progress. Bollocks result.

Reactions: 11
On catch up. Kai and Nadiya have totally taken them costumes from the show dance home to roleplay

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Bobby is coming across as more mature than Dianne now.

I still looked in puzzlement at the clip of Bobby and Dianne's dance on tonight's programme.

Reactions: 9
First of all, I don't hate Shirley or anyone on Strictly. It's just a TV show after all. I just think Layton was the better dancer there and three of the judges agreed. Yet the expression on her face and her comment just then was along the lines of "well, you're all wrong, Layton sucked" while looking arsey.

It just felt like she wanted to be difficult perhaps out of a dislike for Layton rather than genuinely having a different opinion from her fellow judges. Just my view, though.
She sounded really pissed off when she said it. It sounded like either she felt forced to say it to try to rescue her image after she's been perceived to be overly critical on young, good looking women like Angela (would she have still saved Angela if it had been a tied vote? it's hardly like she's been team Angela all season...) or else that she was holding a grudge for something Nikita or Layton did offstage...

Reactions: 5
Hope this works….

Thank you @RedFlagsAhoy :)

Had a quick look, will watch in full later. Nigel was only in the second half by the looks of it.

Nigel looks far more handsome than Simon ever could. Watching a brief bit of it I think I may have just arrived at the theatre for the seond half, with my bag of jelly babies and ice cream.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I honestly almost cried when the red light went on them, it was awful to see them looking so sad 😞
I think they initially expected the DO sooner due to the tit that Layton is getting online. I would imagine when it didn’t come they started to hope that they had people out there who wanted them to win. They do but I fear not enough 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I think Nigel will get Charleston for Musicals and then Layton will do his in the semi finals.

Reactions: 7
She sounded really pissed off when she said it. It sounded like either she felt forced to say it to try to rescue her image after she's been perceived to be overly critical on young, good looking women like Angela (would she have still saved Angela if it had been a tied vote? it's hardly like she's been team Angela all season...) or else that she was holding a grudge for something Nikita or Layton did offstage...
I’ve seen it suggested on Digital Spy that Layton and Nikita were stitched up with song choice and styling as penance for their risqué dance last week. Shirley has raved about them the last couple of weeks, maybe she had to be seen taking a stand against the risky rebels…

Reactions: 3
I think no matter how well Layton dances he will risk the DO as there just seems to be so much unwarranted vitriol out there for him that people will tactically vote against him 😔
Yeah the media has long peddled the same old line about Layton being professionally trained to basically make him sound like a cheat. And yet he hasn't been the strongest dancer every week, which effectively disproves that accusation, but it persists anyway.

Like it or not, Strictly always has a range of dance ability. There will always be some who have no dance experience who will likely go early on (but may stay if they improve a lot) and those who have already had some experience. It makes sense because imagine the show where they were all terrible or all brilliant from the start.

And even though every media outlet knows it's been that way since the show started, they always pick at least one contestant to point the finger at regarding 'unfair' experience each year. Not sure how some don't see through it.

Reactions: 13
The thing is, Nigel clearly has a stronger vote than Layton which we’ve seen this week. I’m pretty sure Ellie does too. Which just leaves Bobby and Annabel, Annabel seems to be weirdly popular which means even being top of the leaderboard next week and in the semi finals could see Layton in the dance off both weeks
The judges will drag him through to the final- it will be a flashback to Grangela week after week… after week after week 🤣

I think you’re reading too much into it tbh

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.