Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure Layton will have a Charleston next wel which should see him back to the top of the leaderboard

• Heart
Reactions: 12
First of all, I don't hate Shirley or anyone on Strictly. It's just a TV show after all. I just think Layton was the better dancer there and three of the judges agreed. Yet the expression on her face and her comment just then was along the lines of "well, you're all wrong, Layton sucked" while looking arsey.

It just felt like she wanted to be difficult perhaps out of a dislike for Layton rather than genuinely having a different opinion from her fellow judges. Just my view, though.
I felt the same. I said in my post yesterday about them liking traditional dances, especially Shirley and Anton. That’s fine if that’s her preference but her dislike for certain contestants shows. , Layton is just not her cup of tea and it shows.
I hope they come back next week with an absolute corker. I need them in the final.

Reactions: 13
Im hoping it’s Nigel out next week, unpopular I know but I don’t like his dancing, nothing against him personally.

Reactions: 5
Jesus the FB comments on Angela’s leaving post re full of vitriol against Layton.

“He annoys me, he actually thinks he’s fantastic” well he is hun
I think it’s quite clear to anyone who isn’t watching Layton through a lens of unconscious bias that he is nothing like that. He seems to be really popular with all the other contestants too but it just doesn’t stop the vitriol coming his way 🤨

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I honestly think this is gonna be an elimination I'm gonna rant about for years

bobby and annabel were right there!

it's not quite an aston exit, but it wasn't right

Reactions: 13
I know most won't want to hear it but we've seen from the samba bobby has got the hips so an upbeat salsa seems to be a strong choice for him.
Depending on what others get could easily sail through next week.
Layton however has burned through the fast paced dances that play to his strength and one is always saved for semi finals
Coupled with the lack of support might only have enough to keep himself in one more week.
I think Layton might get Charleston next week which will really suit him. And hopefully Bobby wont' be protected by scores - just depends if his CC has given him a permanent bounce.

Reactions: 7
Imagine Musicals we with Layton doing a dance from “Jamie” and Nigel doing “ Shrek” 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
See, I think sometimes does a sympathy vote. Chuck a bit of comfort the way of the celeb who is obviously going out. She’s done nothing but sing Laytons praises until this week.. but in a case of that dance off, she looks completely ridiculous doing it. There was absolutely no competition between those dances whatsoever.
She’d been Team Angela all night though … in her comments, in the Judges thing with Claudia. She scored Them the same as well.

They aren’t supposed to know who the other 3 vote for … and with her vote counting double (don’t get me started on that one) it only needed, say, Anton not to have noticed a little mistake and it’s curtains.

its not that she voted for Angela, it’s the way she had to snark about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The thing is, Nigel clearly has a stronger vote than Layton which we’ve seen this week. I’m pretty sure Ellie does too. Which just leaves Bobby and Annabel, Annabel seems to be weirdly popular which means even being top of the leaderboard next week and in the semi finals could see Layton in the dance off both weeks

Reactions: 3
I think Ellie and Layton are dead set for the final tbh. Even though Shirley would have saved Angela tonight I don't see the other judges saving anyone else over Layton. I think the last spot for the final is between Annabel and Nigel if I'm honest. Annabel really seems to have the public vote.

The thing is, Nigel clearly has a stronger vote than Layton which we’ve seen this week. I’m pretty sure Ellie does too. Which just leaves Bobby and Annabel, Annabel seems to be weirdly popular which means even being top of the leaderboard next week and in the semi finals could see Layton in the dance off both weeks
I think no matter how well Layton dances he will risk the DO as there just seems to be so much unwarranted vitriol out there for him that people will tactically vote against him 😔

• Sad
I like Annabelle . I hope she makes it to the final
I think that - leaving aside her terrible views - Annabel would have made a fine 4th finalist a la Katie Derham. But for her to be potentially keeping Layton out feels very wrong (and she'd probably agree!)

Reactions: 11
ah, @Boogs I can literally hear your new pfp!

and it's an image that's been living full time in my head the last couple of weeks 💙😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think that - leaving aside her terrible views - Annabel would have made a fine 4th finalist a la Katie Derham. But for her to be potentially keeping Layton out feels very wrong (and she'd probably agree!)
Perhaps it's partly the Jojo vote. If she was to be in the final instead of Layton... Just no.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.