Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Layton and Nikita appreciation thread on digital spy is nice. I’ve found a few links on there that make me love Layton even more ❤

Oh I ❤ him

• Heart
Reactions: 5
OMG that clip of Layton as a child is so adorable!
Reading that he got kicked out of theatre school and had to move back to Bury and hide who he was to survive secondary school choked me up. It made me think of my baby brother, who is a year or so older than Layton, who got relentlessly bullied all through his school years as he was quite effeminate. He denied who he was for a long time and I remember how anxious he was coming out to me, despite the fact that I had always known and ensured that he knew I supported him from a young age. He is now in a long-term relationship with a guy who makes him seem super butch 😂 I think seeing someone like Layton on mainstream TV would have helped him enormously as a teenager.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh Layton ❤ I love him!

If Nikita unbuttoned his shirt while I was walking with him, I’d also push him into a wall! I’ve no idea how Layton is coping being that close to him 24/7 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh Layton ❤ I love him!

If Nikita unbuttoned his shirt while I was walking with him, I’d also push him into a wall! I’ve no idea how Layton is coping being that close to him 24/7 😂
I remain impressed that @Willow9999 didn’t run onto the floor when he was hip thrusting in her direction. I would have ended up arrested.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nikita in glasses. I swear my shrivelled up peri-menopausal ovaries just got impregnated 🥵
IMG_6682.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The Layton and Nikita appreciation thread on digital spy is nice. I’ve found a few links on there that make me love Layton even more ❤

Now I want to see a Layton and Nigel tap off.

Reactions: 9
Layton really is amazing, I loved reading more about his life.
And what a gorgeous child he was ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ugh, gross, the Fail is continuing to pay for long-lens pics of rehearsals. Seems more gross when we know this 'steamy' routine is Bobby's CC about his mum, presumably (unless it takes an unfortunate Oedipal turn..). Their 'cosy date night' pics of Ellie and Vito last week turned out to be, as we predicted, taken from the recording of their Blackpool VT. At this rate the Mail Showbiz editor might as well stand outside Elstree screaming 'For the love of God, will somebody just shag!!'

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Reading that he got kicked out of theatre school and had to move back to Bury and hide who he was to survive secondary school choked me up. It made me think of my baby brother, who is a year or so older than Layton, who got relentlessly bullied all through his school years as he was quite effeminate. He denied who he was for a long time and I remember how anxious he was coming out to me, despite the fact that I had always known and ensured that he knew I supported him from a young age. He is now in a long-term relationship with a guy who makes him seem super butch 😂 I think seeing someone like Layton on mainstream TV would have helped him enormously as a teenager.
Why did Layton get kicked out of theatre school?? I thought he did really well for himself??
---
Ugh, gross, the Fail is continuing to pay for long-lens pics of rehearsals. Seems more gross when we know this 'steamy' routine is Bobby's CC about his mum, presumably (unless it takes an unfortunate Oedipal turn..). Their 'cosy date night' pics of Ellie and Vito last week turned out to be, as we predicted, taken from the recording of their Blackpool VT. At this rate the Mail Showbiz editor might as well stand outside Elstree screaming 'For the love of God, will somebody just shag!!'

That's just invasive.

Reactions: 3
Can the BBC give Layton and Nikita a double act show they are such fun together.
At the very least, do you think we can get Layton to replace Joe Sugg on the podcast?! It’s been long enough now right.. time for a change 🙈

Reactions: 7
Now that could be worth a 40!

Reactions: 3
Why did Layton get kicked out of theatre school?? I thought he did really well for himself??
In the Guardian article I shared he said
It was also hard work – he had got a place at the Sylvia Young theatre school, so he had to keep up with academic work as well as performing. In 2009, when he was 13, and his run with Billy Elliot ended, he played the young Michael Jackson in Thriller Live, and was cast in the BBC comedy Beautiful People. “I was a child that had been plucked from my estate, thrown on to the West End, thrown into this TV show, and everyone was just saying yes to me,” he says. “I wouldn’t say my head was big, but I was an excitable, erratic child, a bit of a class clown.” At Sylvia Young, he was, he says, “causing a lot of pointless attention and drama”. He was asked to leave.

Around the same time, he lost his job on Thriller Live because his voice was breaking. Almost as quickly as his flight to the West End, he found himself back in Bury, moving in with his grandfather. Going home was difficult, “trying to fit back in, because I hadn’t really grown up with my siblings”. Did it feel like that part of his life was over? “Chopped,” he says. “The worst thing about it was I had myself to blame – if I was not as mischievous, not as yappy, and just shut up and listened to my teachers, I could still have been in London.”

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.