Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amanda does seem to be quite chummy with lots of the cast still on insta - which implies they're not upset with her about anything that happened. I hope we do get to hear her side of the story. [insert tea-drinking gif]

On Ellie, she has said she got a lot of SM trolling over the years because of her looks, and it must be hard going through puberty on TV (also that character was a frumpy nightmare from my memory of her!). I saw one of the lovely DS posters refer to her as 'Poundshop Georgia May Foote', but Georgia was more glam and slim than Ellie, who has lost lots of weight since September but is still curvier than the average Strictly female contender, as we saw from those stats the other day..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So I’m only catching up on the live show now, seems to be too many threads to go back through! But what thread / page number can I find where the opening dance was discussed? I thought it was great and loved Johannes in it! But just need to read the comments about Angela trying to keep up!! I know I’m a terrible person! But had to watch it three times just to watch her!! Too funny!!
Also, Nikita and Layton! 😍

Reactions: 2
I've never seen Bobby's coats before but i am strangely fascinated now .
To be fair to him it’s just the coat he wore on those insta pictures that looked like a dressing gown. I’m sure that all his other coats are delightful and the height of fashion.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Gio posted that he has gone for his annual health check. Probably gifted but I could give him some advice for free.

Give up the cigs, they may keep you thin but they will ruin your lungs, organs and rest of your body. You will be coughing up tar sooner or later. 😬

Please let Bobby and Dianne be on ITT with Fleur. I can't take any more of Janette trying to make 'Doy-annnnnn' happen.
Plus if they are a bit emotional, which Dianne possibly will be, Fleur is good at striking the right note of sympathy and being light hearted.

I suppose the good thing about Bobby seeming to be up in the clouds a lot of the time is that he would take elimination in his stride. He reacted well to being in the dance off and was comforting in a calm and nice way, I thought, towards Dianne when she was upset.

I think probably everything got to her - I know she has reacted very emotionally in previous times to elimination - but if they were next to go, she could go to see her dad. It's hard being so far away at such a time, I'm sure. I know she could most likely be replaced if she asked to go, but she probably wants to continue on as long as possible.
They should be on on Tuesday so it will be with Fleur.
I’m newish to Strictly so ignoring personalities how would you rank the remaining celebrities based on their technical dancing ability so far?

I think perhaps Nigel is now at the bottom of that list with Annabel second last ?
I think it's difficult because the different styles of dance. Layton should be top but his experience also does him a disservice in that his feet are so trained to turn it and he's so used to dancing solo that he doesn't allow Nikita to fully lead, I'd love to see him do a floaty ballroom now they have an even stronger relationship and see if he can "give in" and nail the footwork.

Angela S and Annabel have come a long way in their ballroom. Angela S also great with the kicky dances thanks to her experience but party Latin is very awkward.

Nigel technically when he's on it is very good. Again perhaps more so in the non-partner stuff which again could be his experience. His cha cha was really good and even stylised with the zombie movement. His Quickstep was also great and his Paso was excellent. But his jive not so much. But he gets cast as much worse than he is and the judges comments might influence people to think he's worse than he is. Even Nigel thinks he's worse than he is and the joy is being sucked out of the experience and that's not good to watch. He seemed overjoyed after their Quickstep then quickly fell into his self deprecating quite flippant sense of humour which I think not everyone gets and doesn't always come across well. I think the less joy though the quicker he's going to lose votes.

Ellie seems the most adaptable and picks things up easily. She's not having to do any unlearning as Layton and Nigel do. Has done well in a wide range. Samba was probably her weakest but Samba just looks horrible to learn.

Bobby I'd say isn't as focused on technique so much and probably finds it incredibly boring and frustrating. And won't really put in the hours and hours on the tiny details. He's more about the having fun and feeling of the dance and the experience of the show. He has all the confidence and relies on it to sell a dance, which is fair enough but there comes a time where not having the technique will be your downfall. I don't know how much he's being pushed on it really as I can imagine he'll only take so much, so is difficult to teach in that respect. Like with him not getting on at school.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bobby looks better with his hair straighter and as for being a model I think he actually has the looks for a model.

Every time the judges go in on Nigel and Craig nit picks Layton/Ellie/Angela S, I just remember Ore shitting his way through every dance and basically being told he's the forgotten love child of Gene Kelly and Rudolph Nureyev.

I'm not bitter (#justicefordannymac) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Last snippet from me and then I really will shut up about going! Just caught up on the results show and they cut out lots of Kai’s exit speech which explained why he was so emotional. It was the 10 year anniversary of his Gran’s death and she would’ve been the same age as Angela. He talked about how being with Angela had bought her back to him for a while. It was really touching but I suppose didn’t fit the narrative so they chopped it!
Awwwww, that’s absolutely lovely! 😢

Keep the snippets coming - they’re fascinating!

• Heart
We can add Nigeria to Nicely for Nigel typos.

I just saw a really crappy article about Bobby fans sticking their claws into Nigeria - I mean Nicely, I mean Nigel for St Jobby appearing in the dance off - apparently Nigel himself is responsible for the way people vote. Comments were dripping with sweeping generalisations of misogyny and ageism towards people who vote for Nigel "middle aged mums who want a shag", "horny aul ones" etc. 🥱

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Every time the judges go in on Nigel and Craig nit picks Layton/Ellie/Angela S, I just remember Ore shitting his way through every dance and basically being told he's the forgotten love child of Gene Kelly and Rudolph Nureyev.

I'm not bitter (#justicefordannymac) 😂
Even Ore Oduba doesn't know how he won that year. 😁

I was completely dumbfounded too, have got over it now but it always irks just a little bit. Danny Mac was one of the best male dancers ever.

Reactions: 8
Danny Mac is like equivalent of Lorraine's growler on this thread.

Get over it peeps

I'm only kidding

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Luba at Camden Town Hall today ...... she is now a British citizen.

1700500691579.png

Well done to Luba for answering all those questions on GB, some of which us Brits don't even know.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Layton
Ellie
Nigel
Angela
Annabel
Bobby

Nigel has still produced better technique and more complex, accomplished dances than those lower down despite his mistakes.
I wonder if it might be better for Katya to reign the choreography in a little? Surely it would be better for Nigel to dance simpler steps well than make mistakes with sonething a bit more complex?

I wonder if it might be better for Katya to reign the choreography in a little? Surely it would be better for Nigel to dance simpler steps well than make mistakes with sonething a bit more complex?
I think it rests with Nigel tbh - he has all the ability but seems to lose his cool on the dancefloor. If he can tap into what makes him do that (I dunno, he could meditate?!) then I reckon he can fix it.

Reactions: 11
Danny Mac is like equivalent of Lorraine's growler on this thread.

Get over it peeps

I'm only kidding
Honestly, even though Danny was the best dancer, I would have been happy for either Louise or Claudia to win that year, just not bloody Ore!

At least the judges told Chris Hollins he was tit! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Last snippet from me and then I really will shut up about going! Just caught up on the results show and they cut out lots of Kai’s exit speech which explained why he was so emotional. It was the 10 year anniversary of his Gran’s death and she would’ve been the same age as Angela. He talked about how being with Angela had bought her back to him for a while. It was really touching but I suppose didn’t fit the narrative so they chopped it!
That's really lovely.
---
We can add Nigeria to Nicely for Nigel typos.

I just saw a really crappy article about Bobby fans sticking their claws into Nigeria - I mean Nicely, I mean Nigel for St Jobby appearing in the dance off - apparently Nigel himself is responsible for the way people vote. Comments were dripping with sweeping generalisations of misogyny and ageism towards people who vote for Nigel "middle aged mums who want a shag", "horny aul ones" etc. 🥱
And? What's their point exactly? 🤣 Sorry, I'm laughing typing that!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If it is the predicted rumba then....

Straight legs
Seductive hip movements to hypnotise the 'lady captain'
Act as sexy as hell to bamboozle Craig
Add the seductive and flirtatious actions towards Katya with an almost kiss at the end, ok then just snog her at the end then the judges won't know what paddle they are picking up. 😲

Just put it all out there Nige, you have got to start using all your acting skills. 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Blackpool has passed and they didn't do anything for Len. I think that shows the true characters of the current behind the scenes team. Being outclassed by DWTS is embarrassing.

Reactions: 16
Blackpool has passed and they didn't do anything for Len. I think that shows the true characters of the current behind the scenes team. Being outclassed by DWTS is embarrassing.
I think it’s probably because Len was still a current judge on DWTS. Whereas he hung up his Strictly hat & buggered off to the US for more money 😂 They did a tribute of some kind early on right? They haven’t totally ignored him. I don’t remember Len, he was gone before I started watching.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.