Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jfletcher

VIP Member
I need Nigel to get his shit together because the prospect of me having to endure Bobby and Dianne in the final is becoming more likely and I will not be a pleasant person if that is the situation we end up with.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Willow9999

What a long bloody day! Will do a proper debrief tomorrow.
1) Gio couldn’t give a rats arse. Only spoke to Gorka. Completely checked out.
2) Gorka and Jowita together were 👌🏻
3) Johannes is the most beautiful man.
4) Nikita and Layton are hit as hell. Such a genuine friendship between them. Shines through. He was really nervous too.
5) Bobby is a leech. Paws Diane. They barely speak. Odd vibes.Didn’t cheer for others either.
6) Claudia is just a natural comic. Tess is surprisingly warm and lovely off camera.
I’ll do more tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

BDY_97

VIP Member
Someone said Nigel acts like his shit doesn’t stink and I’m starting to think they might be right 😑 I know he’s annoyed but he needs to be careful it doesn’t come across as arrogant! Face like a slapped arse!
I don’t blame him tbh. If I was working hard every single week yet every part of my dance got picked apart meanwhile others can come out and trip/make multiple mistakes without it being mentioned then I would also have a face like a slapped arse 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️ Even the way the judges speak to him compared to others is bizarre

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

Willow9999

Glad you had a fab night. Any other gossip or signs of a fall out
Just typed loads up and it disappeared! Dianne and Bobby hardly speak compared to other couples. I know she has stuff going on behind the scenes but she seemed okay with other people.
Nikita thrusting his crotch a few feet away from me during the Harry Styles medley was a moment. Mesmerising when you see him live. Vito not so hot as I thought. Aimee Fuller trying to gatecrash the blokes loos when there was a queue for the ladies. Fleur and her husband walking casually around looking incredible. She always had a coat or leg in front of her tummy so couldn’t investigate bump!
Nigel really didn’t deserve that criticism compared to others. Didn’t need all 4 of them repeating the negative when there was so much to admire about it. Katya is stunning up close. Claudia is so nervous before she goes on. Was pretending to vomit just before she went live. Hysterical off camera too. Tess comes across so warm and not robotic. Weird
Nikita’s girlfriend is giving off fame hungry wannabe vibes sat next to Zara constantly taking selfies. Don’t know if she is an influencer?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

queenamber

VIP Member
Someone said Nigel acts like his shit doesn’t stink and I’m starting to think they might be right 😑 I know he’s annoyed but he needs to be careful it doesn’t come across as arrogant! Face like a slapped arse!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
I just came here to say that Nikita with messy hair, eyeliner and a sparkly corset thrusting around on the floor has done more for my perimenopausal hormones than HRT has in three years. 🥵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Willow9999

How were Layton and Nikita together? You said last night something about one of them being nervous?
Layton looked nervous beforehand. They are a match made in heaven. Obviously get on brilliantly. Think Nikita is loving exploring what they can do. Very tactile, they do a sweet breathing exercise together before they start. Always laughing and chatting. And Layton is everyone’s biggest cheerleader. Nikita is the one who gees up the pros at the beginning of their dances. I couldn’t give a flying fig about his previous experience. Layton is incredible to watch. Stood out in the group dance too. And such a good looking bloke. Love them

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Boogs

VIP Member
All I can say is Nikita’s girlfriend is a very lucky girl as he is utter filth 🔥

• Haha
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
the loveliest part of tonight for me was basically seeing how much everyone loves carlos 🥺😭

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I’ve somehow managed to put audio description on iplayer. Nikita jumps onto the pole as Layton lies back and thrusts his pelvis upwards. 😳 Mary Whitehouse is turning in her grave.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Boogs

VIP Member
This. Imagine Layton (or indeed Ellie, or Fleur last year) spending their post-dance VT with a face on banging on about how they’d messed everything up. Audiences would be calling them out for trying to manipulate votes, and telling them to get over it.
Nigel has been in showbiz for 30 years and seems unable to take critique. And the judges weren’t mean! They just pointed out that he’d messed up a bit. I don’t think he’s doing it on purpose (though it is having the desired effect of getting him more votes, which again wouldn’t work for a woman/POC contestant).
Anyway he’s got another good song this week so maybe he’ll ace it this time.
The audiences reaction to a privately educated, middle class, white man who had his first TV role aged 8/9, went to theatre school and has extensive musical theatre experience really does very accurately show their unconscious bias. He is every bit as much of a ringer as Layton, probably more so as he was doing this way before Layton was even born, in fact he was in the original cast of Mama Mia when Layton was only 5 years old. Layton works his arse off, Nikita added that photo the other week of him heading off to training before 7am, and delivers with every performance. He expresses gratitude for feedback, is everyone elses biggest cheerleader and he gets slated with people saying he shouldn’t even be on the show. Nigel will probably win because lots of people feel bad for him because he can’t take criticism and is not demonstrating any resilience despite the fact that he has been in show business for 42 years.

All the sympathy white middle class Annabelle is getting following the death of her husband, remember the vitriol Alexandra Burke, whose mother died days before strictly, got? She probably used strictly to distract herself from her grief too, worked her arse off and delivered with every performance and she got relentlessly trolled.

Like @jfletcher said above. My frustration isn’t at Nigels reactions, he’s human and is clearly very frustrated and disappointed as he wants to do well. My frustration is with the double standard and really obvious bias that the audience shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I just saw a comment on DS saying they wonder what Kevin Clifton would have done with Angela R

Well, considering he gave Anneka Rice whiplash, I imagine there would be a very real risk of hospitalisation

• Haha
Reactions: 39