Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jfletcher

VIP Member
I think Len a couple of times? Austin's paso and Kara's AS from (probably faulty) memory
I loved Austin’s paso (and his jive). I’ve just looked and Len only gave it an 8. And he gave Kara’s AS a 7! I can’t remember why he disliked it so much but I’m going to guess it was do with rule-breaking or faffing about since it was Len.

Reactions: 2

daisynoon

Chatty Member
There should be a trigger warning that this features topless Brendan AND James in the first 15 seconds!

Will Mellor is watching it and weeping at the cape work
😂 I nearly put one, too, sorry to everyone! I hope Artem balances it a little.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Andrea is the one who usually does any Whitney Houston numbers. She gets it right more often than not.
agreed. her “all the man that i need” for molly and carlos’ rhumba is genuinely one of the best vocals they’ve had in the past few years. like you say, it’s the other female vocalist that they don’t need imo.

in terms of vampire, i feel the male rock vocalist they use could certainly pull it off. it’s the bridge of that song which is tricky so it depends on how they adapt the key 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

BabyOctopus

Not trying to pick a fight, but genuinely curious as to why you feel her casting had anything to do with Sherlock going to shit? Did she have some input on Mary's characterization and/or story direction I never heard or forgot about? Because my recollections of what went wrong are simply that the writing slowly got worse and worse as Mofftiss collapsed under the weight of their overinflated egos, plus the TJLC contingent making the fandom a nightmare to be in. Maybe I missed something, as I didn't pay much attention to her or her character.

And I completely agree that Zara and Graz exude a much more enjoyable energy, even if their dances aren't technically as good.
I don't have any info, BUT by series 4 I believe Martin and Amanda had seperated, kept it quiet, and then had to continue filming sherlock and acting like they were in love. Yes the writing had already gone to shit, but I do agree she should never have been cast. It was probably done as a favour to Martin, and then when their relationship started to break down, probably caused a very tense atmosphere on set. Benedict's long term girlfriend Olivia Poulet was in series 1, but only in a very minor role in one episode.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Steph McGovern could be a shout for an F-F pairing next year as Packed Lunch got cancelled? Bit of a ringer.

gingeminge43

Chatty Member
Louisa and Vincent … A jive on about 9 hours and a day and bit of training (the couples were split over the first 2 weeks for their first dance so while it was week 3 it was actually only their second dance, so technically the earliest 10 😀 )

God, I’d forgotten how small the dance floor used to be

Boring Monday

VIP Member
The one I really didn’t like was Ore and Joanne. The costumes were hideous, the hair and make up were shocking, the dance was awful and the shoving the sweets in the mouth was gross.
I refuse to link to it 🥹☺

• Haha

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Didn’t she get get some robust criticism over arsey comments about not getting enough money through the furlough scheme or something, and then some tone-deaf pro-Russian stuff when the Ukraine war broke out?

NGL, I always thought Kristina was rough as fuck. The Corky affair/house smash-up was pretty trashy.
Can’t remember if Kristina left before Shirley started on the judges panel? Hope so!

SeraSparkle

Chatty Member
This song "vampire" that is being us3d tomortow.... I just googled coz I dont know it.

Who's gonna sing it and what about the norty words?
I know Day Varch slashes the songs to bits to fit the time limit but it's a bit much having to cut out the chorus. May as well not do the song at all.
So why choose one that has "fame f*cker" in the chorus.

I s'pose they will just repeat "blood sucker."

I hope it's not Hayley singing it.
The official clean version replaces the swearing with "dream crusher" instead

Last edited: