Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pink P

Has DS broken for everyone or just me? Hoping it's just the mods having a cuppa whilst the Amanda/Gio arguments rumble on.

Reactions: 1

Crumpet41

VIP Member
Anton survived the racism scandal in 2009. Arguably was lucky to keep the job then. We're now in 2023 and Anton would 100% be sacked for that now, no question. So IF (and a big IF) Giovanni has been using ableist language, then his career on the BBC is finished.

His former partners uniting on Amanda's post is also NOT a good look. At all. Perhaps not a fireable offence but I bet all 4 of them plus Richie will have plenty to share. I somehow doubt Laura Whitmore & Georgia know Amanda very well so them commenting is definitely to do with Gio.
What was the Anton scandal? I don’t remember this 😳

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Agreed.
There's also a lovely old-fashioned courtesy (nothing to do with his age, seriously, I mean it as a compliment 😁) about him, and he couldn't be more perfect for that partnership.

Also re Kai, it's not a programme I ever watched but he danced with a guy in DWTS Ireland a few years ago - I think I saw it mentioned here or linked here, and it's so upbeat and fun.

I had just watched DOI with the same sex partnership of H from Steps and Matt and it was such a contrast.
H kept going on as though he had reinvented the wheel or something, and there was a complete lack of joy about their performances, for me, anyway.

There was a DWTS Ireland? 😮😂

• Haha

maisy24

I know everyone goes on about Jay's jive but I've always enjoyed this more.

Also I normally hate the rumba but Jay's is one of very few that I've watched more than once.

---

The ITT fallout from that is still one of my favourite things ever :ROFLMAO:
Why what happened? I can't remember

Tiggy23

Ive never been on DS. should I pop my cherry? If so, where to start?
Guess it depends on what you are interested in. The TV section is pretty good, most of the programmes are covered. Jeremy Vine often tips into politics but otherwise it is just general commenting. There are individual sections on all the main reality programmes, including of course Strictly.
I don't tend to go there often now but used to when the general forum was open, never ventured into politcs though, way too toxic for me.

merlin

I don’t know what to think here!!
If Gio had said that about Jonathan then surely he wouldn’t have been allowed there on Saturday night over Amanda? With how inclusive strictly are being the last few years surely he would have been shown the door?
Also with how much support he got from the dead community and how well him and Rose got on it seems out of character to say something like that?
I think if this was the case there’s no way tptb would allow him to stay and Amanda to quit? They could have shipped Neil or Gorka in for her??
I’m no Gio fan at all it just doesn’t add up?
Said what?