Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Louisa and Vincent … A jive on about 9 hours and a day and bit of training (the couples were split over the first 2 weeks for their first dance so while it was week 3 it was actually only their second dance, so technically the earliest 10 😀 )

Reactions: 11
Is this connected to Amanda's withdrawal in some way??
Maybe? Probably he doesn't want to be doing a press launch when he knows he'll get lots of questions about AA. Or maybe Health and Safety have got involved and confiscated some particularly dodgy batches of Gio Coming Soon ..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Louisa and Vincent … A jive on about 9 hours and a day and bit of training (the couples were split over the first 2 weeks for their first dance so while it was week 3 it was actually only their second dance, so technically the earliest 10 😀 )

I wasn’t watching the show back then, it’s very interesting to see how much has changed.

Reactions: 3

Wow! That was gaw-jus dawwwling.

And I don't want to sound like Tess 😁 but she was only 17 when she did Strictly. Wow again 😳

Reactions: 9
GP Vita sounds like some ‘concierge doctor’ service that I’d read about in my parents’ Sunday Times when they interview the incredibly glamorous founder who created it with nothing but a dream of bespoke medical services and the financial backing of her Bahraini oil billionaire father.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

God, I’d forgotten how small the dance floor used to be

Reactions: 2
I'm sure its all been said before but Amanda only met Jonathan in 2021 and within weeks they were engaged then he has this accident that sees him paralysed. Its all very new. I reckon she's got all carried away with her feelings etc and he's seeing her drooling all over Giovanni. Que unhappy situation at home. Just my take on it. Its odd no reason has been given. So I think it's something very personal.
Yeah, its been a tough situation for them right at the start of their relationship. I've wondered how it must feel for both of them that he must still be adjusting to his new physical situation and she's there onstage being very physical dancing. I'd probably feel some guilt if I was her (not that she should, I just think it would be natural to feel it). I've noticed Gio is all over her kissing and touching her which I think is just how some of the dancers are but it might be hard to take for both of them. Clearly everyone is aware of the "curse".

I've actually got a lot of respect for her decision if it is to do with her relationship. If she knows that Strictly is just a bubble and she feels it more important to focus on her real life and her primary relationships thats a really healthy thing to do and a brave thing to do in a judgmental world. If she has been carried away with her feelings or tempted, IMO there's always a choice to step away from that temptation. Might not be a popular view but I respect her prioritising herself and her personal life, for whatever reason. Everyone should be allowed to do that without judgement or explanation.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

I haven't watched this clip yet, but the image is just making me feel claustrophobic. They are basically sat on each others laps!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And yet Giovanni did a post for her yesterday? So is it one sided or his he just doing protocol
Says it all really. What is not said is more pertinent that was is.

Gio is probably in despair that his babe-magnet scent is not being released to the gagging swathes of his supporters associates of convenience.

Reactions: 10

Loved that jive!
Perhaps we should have a thread about best first dances? This one is up there for me ( apparently the second highest scoring first dance of all time) , and a completely untrained dancer.

---

My other favourite first week dance

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just saw Amanda’s post no mention of Giovanni?
What does she say?

I would imagine that Gio did was what contractually expected (if it was actually him and not one of his PR minions he had hypnotised with Coming A Bit Later Than Expected).

Reactions: 4
Her not mentioning Gio is very telling! I agree with others saying that Jonathan couldn't take seeing her like that.

Reactions: 13
I'm sure its all been said before but Amanda only met Jonathan in 2021 and within weeks they were engaged then he has this accident that sees him paralysed. Its all very new. I reckon she's got all carried away with her feelings etc and he's seeing her drooling all over Giovanni. Que unhappy situation at home. Just my take on it. Its odd no reason has been given. So I think it's something very personal.
Yes there could be something in this.
Sophie Ellis Bextor has said how Strictly affected her marriage. Her husband sulked massively, obsessively questioned her when she got home and would text her constantly and if she didn't reply immediately would 'spiral'. In the end he had to have counselling.
And she was with BRENDAN 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
What does she say?

I would imagine that Gio did was what contractually expected (if it was actually him and not one of his PR minions he had hypnotised with Coming A Bit Later Than Expected).
1000012620.jpg

Very oddly worded, does make me think that the partner is the most likely cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Yeah that is clearly deliberately worded not to mention Fanny Rat. I hope she sells her story to the Mail for maximum drama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.