Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sadly I can't find a clip of it, but he had a similar moment the same year on DWTS AU

Someone was dressed as Freddie Mercury, with a chest rug to put Vito's to shame. Craig said something about wardrobe going overboard with ridiculous fake chest hair that looked like it was trying to devour him, but it wasn't fake 😂
---

I 100% agree she was miscast and totally unbelievable as a deadly superninja, the ice cold thing was right up her street though 😂

Honestly the shark jump moment for me was the solution for how Sherlock survived the Fall. He set up a big blue airbag right in front of Jim and all his snipers, but Jim conveniently shot himself before he could see it, and Mycroft easily got rid of all the snipers with one phone call but Sherlock still had to convince John he was dead for 3 years anyway. 😂

It was plain they either hadn't written any conclusion and just wanted the exciting cliffhanger moment and didn't care there'd never be a satisfying resolution, or they had initially written a more believable answer but some fans guessed it correctly during the hiatus so they threw their toys out of the pram and made up a new ending just to say no one had predicted it.

Then it only got worse and worse with the 'Mary's actually an assassin who saved Sherlock's life by surgically shooting him but he still died for a minute anyway and she still tried to kill him again later but she's still good... or is she?' tit 😂

I loved some of the characters on that show but God the writing was hilarious at times at that's without even getting into the unspeakable mess of series 4 😂
God, Sherlock had so much potential but it was fucked up so badly. The Mofftiss Dracula "adaptation" was pure liquid tit as well, and for similar reasons.

BUT, this is a Strictly thread so that rant can go elsewhere! 😂

Any late guesses for songs/mentally scarring themes (Witch Doctor *shudder*) for Halloween? Who's going to end up in a furry costume?

Reactions: 6
God, Sherlock had so much potential but it was fucked up so badly. The Mofftiss Dracula "adaptation" was pure liquid tit as well, and for similar reasons.

BUT, this is a Strictly thread so that rant can go elsewhere! 😂

Any late guesses for songs/mentally scarring themes (Witch Doctor *shudder*) for Halloween? Who's going to end up in a furry costume?
It would be funny if it was Angela R...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
---

I 100% agree she was miscast and totally unbelievable as a deadly superninja, the ice cold thing was right up her street though 😂

Honestly the shark jump moment for me was the solution for how Sherlock survived the Fall. He set up a big blue airbag right in front of Jim and all his snipers, but Jim conveniently shot himself before he could see it, and Mycroft easily got rid of all the snipers with one phone call but Sherlock still had to convince John he was dead for 3 years anyway. 😂

It was plain they either hadn't written any conclusion and just wanted the exciting cliffhanger moment and didn't care there'd never be a satisfying resolution, or they had initially written a more believable answer but some fans guessed it correctly during the hiatus so they threw their toys out of the pram and made up a new ending just to say no one had predicted it.

Then it only got worse and worse with the 'Mary's actually an assassin who saved Sherlock's life by surgically shooting him but he still died for a minute anyway and she still tried to kill him again later but she's still good... or is she?' tit 😂

I loved some of the characters on that show but God the writing was hilarious at times at that's without even getting into the unspeakable mess of series 4 😂
Just one last Sherlock thing then I'm.done, promise, lol.

Yeah the big blue airbag wasn't even the 'true' story, it was just one he was telling Anderson to placate him - there never WAS a true answer to it because they couldn't write one! They made it LITERALLY impossible for themselves to write something that would work, be coherent AND please the fans so they just... didn't. They wrote the Molly/Sherlock shippy story to please those who shipped them (please, Molly could do SO much better) the Jim/Sherlock shippy one because hur hur hur all fangirls are obviously sad and overweight and desperate and just dream of teh gay and isn't that just pathetic... and then the final one which Anderson (and we) were SUPPOSED to believe, but again, none of it was true because none of it added up, as Anderson begins to realise as Sherlock leaves.

And don't even get me started on the whole "That was surgery" bullshit. She bleeping killed him, she MEANT to kill him and he bloody well died. The surgeons had given up, packed up, fucked off. Only Sherlock's own sheer force of will restarted his heart. And then he almost died a SECOND time after the argument in the flat.

Mofftiss and their crappy writing AGAIN, retconning the whole thing as if Mary did him some sort of favour by shooting him
🤦‍♀️

Oh! And before I finish. When Sherlock got shot, I loved that MollyInHisHead was all 'not like in the movies, you don't go flying backwards'

What happend when Mary got shot? BIG Hollywood 'goes flying' death. Ridiculous. 👀😬

OK I think I'm done.

I MAY have been holding on to some stuff 😤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
You just know they’re going to dress Vito up as an octopus or something and ruin the weekend for everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I know yall are gonna shoot me, but God I wish we'd get a sexy 'fanny rat' Halloween routine like the one he did with faye before he inevitably quits. So shoot me, I'd eat him dressed as that skeleton 😅

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
You just know they’re going to dress Vito up as an octopus or something and ruin the weekend for everyone.
I'm still mad about what they did to Nikita last year. They couldn't have just let him be Freddie in a fabulous ascot, nope they had to give us...

bandicam 2023-10-24 16-40-19-266.jpg

this (I'd actually forgotten how bad it was a little piece of my soul died when I went to get the screengrab 😫)

I guess Ellie should count herself lucky they didn't dress her up as Scooby...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I liked watching Amanda and Gio dance… I don’t like her perspective on certain topics at all, but I did enjoy her dancing…

Reactions: 13
Just one last Sherlock thing then I'm.done, promise, lol.

Yeah the big blue airbag wasn't even the 'true' story, it was just one he was telling Anderson to placate him - there never WAS a true answer to it because they couldn't write one! They made it LITERALLY impossible for themselves to write something that would work, be coherent AND please the fans so they just... didn't. They wrote the Molly/Sherlock shippy story to please those who shipped them (please, Molly could do SO much better) the Jim/Sherlock shippy one because hur hur hur all fangirls are obviously sad and overweight and desperate and just dream of teh gay and isn't that just pathetic... and then the final one which Anderson (and we) were SUPPOSED to believe, but again, none of it was true because none of it added up, as Anderson begins to realise as Sherlock leaves.

And don't even get me started on the whole "That was surgery" bullshit. She bleeping killed him, she MEANT to kill him and he bloody well died. The surgeons had given up, packed up, fucked off. Only Sherlock's own sheer force of will restarted his heart. And then he almost died a SECOND time after the argument in the flat.

Mofftiss and their crappy writing AGAIN, retconning the whole thing as if Mary did him some sort of favour by shooting him
🤦‍♀️

Oh! And before I finish. When Sherlock got shot, I loved that MollyInHisHead was all 'not like in the movies, you don't go flying backwards'

What happend when Mary got shot? BIG Hollywood 'goes flying' death. Ridiculous. 👀😬

OK I think I'm done.

I MAY have been holding on to some stuff 😤
I feel this on a spiritual level, it is like you reached into my brain and wrote my exact thoughts, we are one

especially the bit about their disdain for fangirls, I could rant all day about them and showrunners like them (Supernatural, The 100, anything by Whedon, Abrams etc) and their blatant misogynistic hatred for female fans enjoying their work 'the wrong way' and getting icky girl cooties all over their serious manly works of genius :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
As much as I am in love Eddie the hype about his amazing hips are OTT, it's like that was the only dancing he could do🤔....oh yeah it was!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve been on wiki realising how many people I’d completely forgotten ever took part. Was reminded of this cracker though.
I hadn't seen this before. It absolutely killed me how he couldn't seem to count and smile at the same time. 😂 😂 😂

1, 2, 3, 4

stop

stop

5, 6, 7, 8

stop

• Haha
Reactions: 10
God DS is an absolute binfire right now. Not the place for a nuanced discussion!

Sadly the real tragedy of this… GPVita launch has had to be postponed, just when I needed a job lot of pesticide!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
God DS is an absolute binfire right now. Not the place for a nuanced discussion!

Sadly the real tragedy of this… GPVita launch has had to be postponed, just when I needed a job lot of pesticide!
Is this connected to Amanda's withdrawal in some way??

Reactions: 4

Has he now become a Doctor of life?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
2015 Jay Mcguiness and Aliona, the best jive ever on strictly (no idea how to attach clip 🙈)
Still fuummiinnn cos Darcy said it was too early for a 10!!!

Reactions: 24
I'm sure its all been said before but Amanda only met Jonathan in 2021 and within weeks they were engaged then he has this accident that sees him paralysed. Its all very new. I reckon she's got all carried away with her feelings etc and he's seeing her drooling all over Giovanni. Que unhappy situation at home. Just my take on it. Its odd no reason has been given. So I think it's something very personal.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.