Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ashley’s face when she gets announced as being in last place is one of my favourite Strictly moments ever 😂

Honestly, it’s just rude that this brilliant chaos meant we never got one of these again. TPTB, please bring back the -athon madness because it’s much needed and I miss it dearly.
Yeah they used to do the Viennese Waltz one too! Even playing field!

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately kristina was better known for her love life than her dancing. Corky, ben cohen and vincent simone all had partners when she started seeing them.
Sure the producers only partnered her with saint daniel of o'donnell as a challenge/bet.
Don’t forget Joe Calzage too

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know why Amanda has quit?
There has been nothing official. They said she missed Saturday's show due to illness, but apparently she posted something about mental health on her social media and then deleted it. Then today there was a very brusque statement from the BBC to say she had withdrawn. Tho everyone reckons Fannyrat and her didn't get on AT ALL so maybe that had something to do with it.
Not gonna waste too much time worrying about her, TBH!

Reactions: 7
I’ve been on wiki realising how many people I’d completely forgotten ever took part. Was reminded of this cracker though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
There has been nothing official. They said she missed Saturday's show due to illness, but apparently she posted something about mental health on her social media and then deleted it. Then today there was a very brusque statement from the BBC to say she had withdrawn. Tho everyone reckons Fannyrat and her didn't get on AT ALL so maybe that had something to do with it.
Not gonna waste too much time worrying about her, TBH!
Thank you for the run down. But erm, FannyRat?
I read online from some people it was because of bullying and the BBC didn’t support her when she had horrendous comments on her Twitter/instagram

Last edited:
Lol, sorry. Fannyrat is our loving (?) nickname for Gio.

It's all speculation right now. And while I don't agree with death threats etc. perhaps if she hasn't made horrendous comments herself then people wouldn't have felt the need to speak back 💅

Reactions: 20
Gio maybe thinking about strictly but I think like his mate anton they could find a role for him maybe security at stage door 😅
IMG_3163.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Unfortunately kristina was better known for her love life than her dancing. Corky, ben cohen and vincent simone all had partners when she started seeing them.
Sure the producers only partnered her with saint daniel of o'donnell as a challenge/bet.
Who is Corky?

With the 'nothingness' of the BBC statement I was compelled to make this
If you've watched Succession, you KNOW
khku9pii58d91.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Lol, sorry. Fannyrat is our loving (?) nickname for Gio.

It's all speculation right now. And while I don't agree with death threats etc. perhaps if she hasn't made horrendous comments herself then people wouldn't have felt the need to speak back 💅
What comments are these?

Reactions: 1
Anti-vax, Anti-drag, anti-trans...

ETA- Also all the tax dodging stuff, acting like she was super hard done by

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Apropos nothing other than it popped up on YT just now. I've decided when I do Strictly my best dance will be a quickstep to Harry Styles As it Was. Harry will sing it too, not one of the appalling Wunnerfuls.
With Giovanni. I will be the one to put the sparkle back in those sad eyes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Thanks! She has constant resting witch face. Don’t like her.
I definitely agree with that 🤣

Putting aside the many problems I had with Amanda as a person AND as an actress (yes she had absolutely NO business being Mary Morstan, but moving on before I throw my phone across the room 😬) I genuinely got absolutely NO enjoyment watching any of her dances. It was like EVERYTHING was absolutely joyless and completely devoid of any soul. Every single moment appeared 'performative' - not just the dance but everything before and after... it's like she was going 'OK now I smile...now I grab Gio's hand.... now I kiss him.... now I make a joke.... oh that joke made it sound like I'm too good!!! Walk it back, walk it back... OK now touch his leg.... now hug....' I saw someone else somewhere comment that it was like she and Gio made a PowerPoint presentation at the start of every week for every single laugh, kiss, grope they were going to do all week and I was like YES!! That's it EXACTLY!

You know, Zara may be as stiff as a board but I'd watch her and Graz dance 20 times before I'd watch Amanda and Gio.

Reactions: 24
I definitely agree with that 🤣

Putting aside the many problems I had with Amanda as a person AND as an actress (yes she had absolutely NO business being Mary Morstan, but moving on before I throw my phone across the room 😬) I genuinely got absolutely NO enjoyment watching any of her dances. It was like EVERYTHING was absolutely joyless and completely devoid of any soul. Every single moment appeared 'performative' - not just the dance but everything before and after... it's like she was going 'OK now I smile...now I grab Gio's hand.... now I kiss him.... now I make a joke.... oh that joke made it sound like I'm too good!!! Walk it back, walk it back... OK now touch his leg.... now hug....' I saw someone else somewhere comment that it was like she and Gio made a PowerPoint presentation at the start of every week for every single laugh, kiss, grope they were going to do all week and I was like YES!! That's it EXACTLY!

You know, Zara may be as stiff as a board but I'd watch her and Graz dance 20 times before I'd watch Amanda and Gio.
Not trying to pick a fight, but genuinely curious as to why you feel her casting had anything to do with Sherlock going to tit? Did she have some input on Mary's characterization and/or story direction I never heard or forgot about? Because my recollections of what went wrong are simply that the writing slowly got worse and worse as Mofftiss collapsed under the weight of their overinflated egos, plus the TJLC contingent making the fandom a nightmare to be in. Maybe I missed something, as I didn't pay much attention to her or her character.

And I completely agree that Zara and Graz exude a much more enjoyable energy, even if their dances aren't technically as good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Oh Sherlock went to tit ANYWAY (season 4? We don't talk about season 4!) but her terrible acting was another nail in the coffin. She seemed to have 2 modes - nose scrunch if she was being 'good Mary', head tilt if she was being 'bad Mary'

Reactions: 11
I didn't particularly notice bad acting from her, but just like on Strictly her performance as Mary didn't really stick in my memory, I barely noticed her 😂

I don't know how much more she could have done with such weird and inconsistent characterization though - Moffat couldn't seem to make up his mind whether Mary was supposed to be good or evil, had no idea where his own storyline was going, retconned things/threw away foreshadowing just to shock the audience etc

He and Gatiss have written some great individual episodes of television, but they suck at being showrunners.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I remember when they did the big Mary 'reveal' and I'm guessing it was supposed to be all dramatic and *gasp* but I actually burst out laughing and went "Oh duck off"

If they wanted us to believe Mary was an international superspy assassin, they shouldn't have done a nepo-hire and got someone believable as that.

I think for me that was the shark jumping moment.

Reactions: 9
I howelled at that at the time. Still cracks me up now, the mortification of Craig when he realises 🤣
Sadly I can't find a clip of it, but he had a similar moment the same year on DWTS AU

Someone was dressed as Freddie Mercury, with a chest rug to put Vito's to shame. Craig said something about wardrobe going overboard with ridiculous fake chest hair that looked like it was trying to devour him, but it wasn't fake 😂
---
I remember when they did the big Mary 'reveal' and I'm guessing it was supposed to be all dramatic and *gasp* but I actually burst out laughing and went "Oh duck off"

If they wanted us to believe Mary was an international superspy assassin, they shouldn't have done a nepo-hire and got someone believable as that.

I think for me that was the shark jumping moment.
I 100% agree she was miscast and totally unbelievable as a deadly superninja, the ice cold thing was right up her street though 😂

Honestly the shark jump moment for me was the solution for how Sherlock survived the Fall. He set up a big blue airbag right in front of Jim and all his snipers, but Jim conveniently shot himself before he could see it, and Mycroft easily got rid of all the snipers with one phone call but Sherlock still had to convince John he was dead for 3 years anyway. 😂

It was plain they either hadn't written any conclusion and just wanted the exciting cliffhanger moment and didn't care there'd never be a satisfying resolution, or they had initially written a more believable answer but some fans guessed it correctly during the hiatus so they threw their toys out of the pram and made up a new ending just to say no one had predicted it.

Then it only got worse and worse with the 'Mary's actually an assassin who saved Sherlock's life by surgically shooting him but he still died for a minute anyway and she still tried to kill him again later but she's still good... or is she?' tit 😂

I loved some of the characters on that show but God the writing was hilarious at times at that's without even getting into the unspeakable mess of series 4 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.