Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2528693

Very oddly worded, does make me think that the partner is the most likely cause.

I was quite surprised when Amanda signed up as she didn't seem to be a natural fit for Strictly (the more serious 'actor-y' types rarely are), but I assumed that she was doing it primarily for financial reasons given her fiance's accident/disability.

Potentially there's a situation here where her partner is still coming to terms with severely life-changing injuries, going through the legalities of a lawsuit related to that accident, watching his partner dancing intimately with someone who is known to be a bit of a lothario, added to which she's rumoured to not be getting on too well with her partner and is receiving a lot of online abuse too.

It must have been horrendous. ☹
---
Week 6 dances are out and the Halloween connection for quite a few of these is delightfully tenuous which could be excellent news or terrible.

Adam and Luba: American Smooth to Magic Moments by Perry Como
Annabel and Johannes: Tango to Need U Tonight by INXS
Angela R and Kai: Charleston to Murder She Wrote (TV Theme)
Angela S and Carlos: Paso Doble to BLACK swan SWAN lake by District 78
Bobby and Dianne: Cha Cha to Come-On-A-My-House by Della Reese
Ellie and Vito: Salsa to Murder On The Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Krishnan and Lauren: Viennese Waltz to Kiss From A Rose by Seal
Layton and Nikita: Tango to Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo
Nigel and Katya: Cha Cha to I Was Made For Lovin’ You by KISS
Zara and Graziano: Charleston to Jeepers Creepers by Al Donahue and his Orchestra

If Nigel isn’t wearing full-on Kiss make up, I want my license fee refunded.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Really struggling to find a Halloween connection for a few of those! But the thought of Ellie and Vito's Salsa to Murder on the Dancefloor excites me the most 💃🏻

Reactions: 18
Unsurprisingly, I'm going to nominate Danny's. It was the dance that made me love watching Strictly again and you could see the sheer joy on their faces (and the knowledge on Oti's that they were in it for the long run):

I think this was an amazing first dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t know much about Amanda’s personal life or her partners accident but would he need a lot of care? Could it be possible that her away was a real struggle for him in day to day life?
Although that doesn’t explain leaving Gio out of her post or the fact she hasn’t liked or commented on his post either.

Reactions: 7
That post from Amanda Ouch! I feel like it's a bit of Richie Karma, when Gio barely acknowledged him and if remember correctly didn't do a good bye post for him.

Not even James Jordan and Brendan managed to run a partner off!😬

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Hahaha Gio pointedly being left out of Amanda's post after he didn’t bother his arse to do a goodbye post for Richie :LOL:

That post from Amanda Ouch! I feel like it's a bit of Richie Karma, when Gio barely acknowledged him and if remember correctly didn't do a good bye post for him.

Not even James Jordan and Brendan managed to run a partner off!😬
Jinx 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Can I stand in for Amanda? I dont mind being up close and personal with the greasy one 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What does she say?

I would imagine that Gio did was what contractually expected (if it was actually him and not one of his PR minions he had hypnotised with Coming A Bit Later Than Expected).
And yet he couldnt be arsed to do a goodbye post when Richie was voted off

Reactions: 11
Hahaha Gio pointedly being left out of Amanda's post when he didn’t bother his arse to do a goodbye post for Richie :LOL:

Jinx 🤣

I was thinking the same.

Let’s be honest, he probably only did a post about Amanda because his PR team advised him to. Gotta think about the upcoming launch of Eau de Desperation 🫤

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh god here we go again 🤦

so its Halloween week and you dream of Nigel Harman being all dark, dirty, brooding and filthy on the dancefloor and what do we get a cheeky little comedy cha cha ..... bastards

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I had a funny feeling Zara would get a Charleston this week...

I'm 50/50 on whether it will be enough to save her. So long as she can manage some swivel and to make it look at least a bit more energetic than Nikita was able to she might be alright? But then Adam's also got one that should suit him, so it's hard to see her beating him if they were both in the dance off.

I'm a bit scared for Angela S. Powerful piece of music might overwhelm her if she's not great at it.

Reactions: 8
I’m really hoping for some Nikita redemption this year & he’s a sexy vampire. I’ll never forgive them for making him Shaggy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.