Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely not an injury then- I agree that it is likely causing issues in her relationship and she has chosen to prioritise that - fair play to her.
I prefer the theory that they’ve fucked and now can’t be in the same room.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
That statement is just glaringly odd. Absolutely no mention- thanks, or disappointed apologies- to her professional partner.
She must know its like a big flashy arrow pointing to issues with Gio?
To not even mention him must surely be a deliberate passive aggressive ploy to subtly ensure people know it’s not injury related but partnership related?

Reactions: 36
That statement is just glaringly odd. Absolutely no mention- thanks, or disappointed apologies- to her professional partner.
To not even mention him must surely be a deliberate passive aggressive ploy to subtly ensure people know it’s not injury related but partnership related?
Yes she's just inviting speculation isn't she?
They either can't stand each other or she was starting to feel too drawn to him. Didn't want a Louise Redknapp/Kevin situation.

Reactions: 18
It's so obvious it has to do with Gio.

To be honest the number of people/partners who had an issue of some sorts with his is racking up, Amanda, Nicola, Laura...there are probably more? I don't know, they aren't all necessarily his fault but compare to the rest who for the most part everyone is full of praise for and perhaps it's time he bowed out

Reactions: 15
Loved that jive!
Perhaps we should have a thread about best first dances? This one is up there for me ( apparently the second highest scoring first dance of all time) , and a completely untrained dancer.

---

My other favourite first week dance
Unsurprisingly, I'm going to nominate Danny's. It was the dance that made me love watching Strictly again and you could see the sheer joy on their faces (and the knowledge on Oti's that they were in it for the long run):

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
It's so obvious it has to do with Gio.

To be honest the number of people/partners who had an issue of some sorts with his is racking up, Amanda, Nicola, Laura...there are probably more? I don't know, they aren't all necessarily his fault but compare to the rest who for the most part everyone is full of praise for and perhaps it's time he bowed out
A few people on this thread have mentioned Nicola (presumably Nicola Roberts) having an issue with Gio but I don’t recall hearing anything about that. She only did the Christmas Special didn’t she? What happened there?

Reactions: 9
Unsurprisingly, I'm going to nominate Danny's. It was the dance that made me love watching Strictly again and you could see the sheer joy on their faces (and the knowledge on Oti's that they were in it for the long run):

God that was brilliant. He is fit as!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think it’s safe to assume she hasn't any contractual obligations left … that’s not a statement that’s been okay’ed by the Producers. Or if it has, that’s even more telling.

Reactions: 15

#DannyMacwasrobbed

• Heart
Reactions: 31
A few people on this thread have mentioned Nicola (presumably Nicola Roberts) having an issue with Gio but I don’t recall hearing anything about that. She only did the Christmas Special didn’t she? What happened there?
I think Gio forgot that for the Christmas special you get an 8 for turning up and everyone is awash with eggnog.

Reactions: 10
I've just watched a few of their dances on Gio's Instagram and they look like they are enjoying themselves. Not really forced smiles .I know she's an actress but gio looks like he's having a fine old time and they don't hate each other. I don't watch ITT so maybe they csme across differently on there.

Reactions: 7
Woah, Amanda's statement is very telling. Not a single FR mention. Thanks the production team, fellow contestants and not her partner?

I mentioned yesterday that only Nadiya seemed to have liked/commented on Gio's post about Amanda, and now all the pros/celebs are on this one? We need the truth!

For those keeping count: of his 9 partners to date Gio doesn't speak to 4 of them (Georgia, Laura, Ranvir, Richie) and now potentially 5...

ETA: LadyLav is NOT happy:

"Amanda's exit Instagram post...

Does she not have an agent or PR to help her with these things?"

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yes there could be something in this.
Sophie Ellis Bextor has said how Strictly affected her marriage. Her husband sulked massively, obsessively questioned her when she got home and would text her constantly and if she didn't reply immediately would 'spiral'. In the end he had to have counselling.
And she was with BRENDAN 😂
Wow, her husband sounds like hard work
---
I can’t do links but would like to add Jake Wood’s (Max Branning) salsa. I was so shocked when he did that dance!

Reactions: 24
Week 6 dances are out and the Halloween connection for quite a few of these is delightfully tenuous which could be excellent news or terrible.

Adam and Luba: American Smooth to Magic Moments by Perry Como
Annabel and Johannes: Tango to Need U Tonight by INXS
Angela R and Kai: Charleston to Murder She Wrote (TV Theme)
Angela S and Carlos: Paso Doble to BLACK swan SWAN lake by District 78
Bobby and Dianne: Cha Cha to Come-On-A-My-House by Della Reese
Ellie and Vito: Salsa to Murder On The Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Krishnan and Lauren: Viennese Waltz to Kiss From A Rose by Seal
Layton and Nikita: Tango to Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo
Nigel and Katya: Cha Cha to I Was Made For Lovin’ You by KISS
Zara and Graziano: Charleston to Jeepers Creepers by Al Donahue and his Orchestra

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Wow, her husband sounds like hard work
---
I can’t do links but would like to add Jake Wood’s (Max Branning) salsa. I was so shocked when he did that dance!
Yes I was sure he would win from that salsa. The lifts were incredible

Week 6 dances are out and the Halloween connection for quite a few of these is delightfully tenuous which could be excellent news or terrible.

Ooh two Charlestons (Angela R and Zara). Angela's to the Murder She Wrote theme??!
Bobby and Nigel CCC?
Ellie gets a salsa after samba and paso? yikes!
I think it's bus for Zara time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I've just watched a few of their dances on Gio's Instagram and they look like they are enjoying themselves. Not really forced smiles .I know she's an actress but gio looks like he's having a fine old time and they don't hate each other. I don't watch ITT so maybe they csme across differently on there.
I watched ITT last week, on the night that they were on, and there was nothing to suggest (imo) that anything was amiss between them. They were chatting about their upcoming dance, all seemed to be in full flow for Saturday night, as normal.
Fleur showed clips of their dances last night on ITT and again, I thought they looked really good.

If the issue was with her fiancé, maybe that's why there is no mention of Gio. I dunno. I imagine that Strictly is more full on than anyone can ever imagine beforehand. And maybe it all became too much for her.

On a side note, I noticed Nigel and Gio standing side by side in the Clauditorium the previous weekend, one of them had his arm around the other. Or maybe both had. Anyway, I thought it looked nice 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Adam and Luba: American Smooth to Magic Moments by Perry Como

Annabel and Johannes: Tango to Need U Tonight by INXS

Angela R and Kai: Charleston to Murder She Wrote (TV Theme)

Angela S and Carlos: Paso Doble to BLACK swan SWAN lake by District 78

Bobby and Dianne: Cha Cha to Come-On-A-My-House by Della Reese

Ellie and Vito: Salsa to Murder On The Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Krishnan and Lauren: Viennese Waltz to Kiss From A Rose by Seal

Layton and Nikita: Tango to Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo

Nigel and Katya: Cha Cha to I Was Made For Lovin’ You by KISS

Zara and Graziano: Charleston to Jeepers Creepers by Al Donahue and his Orchestra

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.