Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pot stirring!! Gets people talking and sharing. It’s a pure engagement ploy. I can guarantee new pros and celebs sign NDAs and wouldn’t risk the consequences if they blabbed.
I mean the Adam Thomas one I can let slide because theres always celebs ever year who talk about the show in some capacity in hopes of getting on it one day but this pro answered a direct question on video if he's going to be it on this year and he said yes. Maybe because the announcement is only over a week and a bit away (going by when the new pros were announced last year) so he maybe looser tongued about it.

He may get reprimanded by the bbc and stay tightlipped now until the offical announcement is made.

Reading some Italian articles about it, it seems the host of Ballando announced it in an interview with him on her socials. He was happy to talk about it though 🤷‍♀️

Google Translate also said this: 'At Ballando 2021 the dancer came in first place together with the singer Arisa, with whom a sentimental bond was also born. The two, in fact, at the end of the program, continued to meet, unleashing the gossip.'

I always enjoy when gossip is unleashed :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He certainly can teach Gio a thing or two about showmancing, as the 'accidental' snog at the end of a dance shows!

If this is true that he will be a main pro:
a) he's nearly 30 so all the talk about young blood was off base
b) I'd say Giada's chances of being the new female pro have well bitten the dust.
c) he's a Latin champion so another 'how will he do at ballroom?' type, a la Graz, maybe

• Sad
Reactions: 1
LL is insistent he's been hired for his talent. I'm sure there are many dancers from other countries who would bring tons to the floor.

Strictly could get probably almost any dancer they want from one of the other versions abroad, not all since some are older and settled with kids but most young ones would surely be up for it? France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland etc all have versions - Instead they go to Italy yet again.

Reactions: 2
They really just copied and pasted Giovanni to pick that new male pro 🙄
I really hope Emily from DTWSIRL gets the female pro role.She has loads of experience and I know someone who met her during DTWSIRL and couldn’t say enough nice things about her.

Reactions: 3

Obviously a Football player would be picked in a World Cup year.

I’m surprised at the suggestion that they’ve supposedly been trying to get Kym Marsh for years - she strikes me as having had a bit too much of an ‘interesting’ personal life to be a desired Strictly contestant. I wonder if it’s more a case of her management trying to stir up a bit of time interest?

Tony has had a serious heart issue in the past so if he does compete (and I would make him my instant personal favourite if he did) I hope he knows what he's doing, albeit a less (no medical knowledge so just a thought) serious issue than Fabrice Muamba. Kym Marsh is a good shout; maybe if there has to be a same sex from here on in, stick her and Katya together so everyone can breathe easy.

I doubt they’d go with someone with a heart condition again after Robert Webb pulled out and it ended up being a pointless two person final. By pointless I meant it was ALWAYS going to gio and rose winning. The glitter ball had their name on it from ep 2/3. John and Johannes didn’t really stand a chance which made quite boring viewing in the end. Plus what’s Tony Adams done lately ?? if they want a footballer I’d rather see someone from the women’s game as a legacy from the euros possibly Fara Williams she does a lot of BBC punditry (men’s and women’s)

As for Kim her name comes up as rumours quite regularly for strictly. I’m assuming one day they might end up being right. But it’s not the first time I’ve seen her labelled as signed up. As I said with Adam Thomas seems like hot air and pot stirring by agents.

Reactions: 4
I can never make up my mind about Kym Marsh. She seems nice enough as a presenter, but has a bit of a reputation as being prickly? I dunno, just get the impression she is not that well-liked. If she has signed up, there's your potential unpopular female ringer I guess

All this 'in talks' wording in the Sun articles - it's obviously far too late in the day for anyone to be in talks, so either nonsense from sources/agents, the Sun making up bollocks because they have no info, or they have info but are covering their arses a bit just in case

All this 'in talks' wording in the Sun articles - it's obviously far too late in the day for anyone to be in talks, so either nonsense from sources/agents, the Sun making up bollocks because they have no info, or they have info but are covering their arses a bit just in case
True - at this point you’re either signed up or you’re not, barring any last-minute changes.

According to LadyLav, Angela Hartnett the chef said on her podcast with Gio recently that she had recently had an email from the BBC asking her to compete this year. Apparently the podcast was recorded May? seemed very last minute. I assumed they got these people nailed down Jan/Feb..

Is Kym Marsh considered a ringer if presumably she hasn't danced in years and is mid-40s?

I saw Chris Ramsay live last year, and he spoke a bit about Strictly. He said that all the communication between agents/BBC etc uses code names given to the contestants with a particular theme (his year was superheroes, so Kelvin was Hulk, he was BananaMan 🤣) to try and keep as much secrecy as possible. It seemed from what he said to also be a process that started Feb/March.

Reactions: 2
I doubt they’d go with someone with a heart condition again after Robert Webb pulled out and it ended up being a pointless two person final. By pointless I meant it was ALWAYS going to gio and rose winning. The glitter ball had their name on it from ep 2/3. John and Johannes didn’t really stand a chance which made quite boring viewing in the end. Plus what’s Tony Adams done lately ?? if they want a footballer I’d rather see someone from the women’s game as a legacy from the euros possibly Fara Williams she does a lot of BBC punditry (men’s and women’s)

As for Kim her name comes up as rumours quite regularly for strictly. I’m assuming one day they might end up being right. But it’s not the first time I’ve seen her labelled as signed up. As I said with Adam Thomas seems like hot air and pot stirring by agents.
Yes Robert Webb had to withdraw but we were actually on course for a 3 couple final until AJ had to pull out because of her injury

Reactions: 6
According to LadyLav, Angela Hartnett the chef said on her podcast with Gio recently that she had recently had an email from the BBC asking her to compete this year. Apparently the podcast was recorded May? seemed very last minute. I assumed they got these people nailed down Jan/Feb..

Is Kym Marsh considered a ringer if presumably she hasn't danced in years and is mid-40s?
It’s Strictly. Of course she is.
A female is considered a ringer if they have so much as done the Time Warp at a school disco and heaven forbid she’s been sent out as an 8 year old for dance lessons. Practically into Pro territory.
A bloke can have pirouetted across every West End Stage but still be allowed to have had ‘no formal training’.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I guess it's an ongoing process - the earliest I heard was Tom Fletcher who I think said they contacted him the previous December and the latest was Dr Ranj who said August (!) presumably someone else dropped out?

Still reckon edging towards mid July for so many of these people to still be 'in talks' is .. unlikely. Now waiting on Shirley's annual declaration that it's "the best cast ever!' even though they'd be mad to let her in on any secrets 😆

Reactions: 6
It’s usual beginning of august we start getting the first celeb reveals on the one show. So they must be close to knowing who taking part by now.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.