Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a thread on DS … Larries and other tin hats … (or something like that) that used to read with a dropped jaw. Benedict C’s wife was all kinds of criminal mastermind basically holding him hostage and forcing him to pretend the robobabies were real kids. Meghan and Harry pretty much the same (it seemed there was a bit of crossover there as well). Its worth finding it and skimming through if you ever have a few spare minutes.
Oh yeah, those fans were real. As soon as anyone starts believing in conspiracies and cover-ups (which all follow the same plotline) then they're a lost cause. I mean, if Gio and Rose were a couple, then why in God's name would there need be a cover up?! Like who on earth do they think Rose and Gio are? What would be the actual honest to god point?!

One easy to spot sign fans like these are well and truly lost to the rabbit hole, is when they believe the celeb(s) in question are sending their fans 'secret signs'. This could be an innocuous comment (be verbal or SM post) actually being a coded message or some random physical gesture is perceived as a sign of something more.

They think it's a way of letting their fans/shippers know they are right regarding whatever conspiracy they've concocted. When really, it's a delusional way of believing they have some high importance in the celeb's life.

Reactions: 6
Possible unpopular opinion but both Gio and Rose have allowed speculation about them to continue, and therefore encouraging the lunatic shippers, to keep their momentum going post strictly. Gio more so but I don’t think Rose is oblivious to it all, or how it kept her in the public eye. Wasn’t there a poster on here who said Gio’s mum and sister were in one of the more insane fb groups? So they were actually involved and would’ve seen exactly what was being said. Bonkers.

Reactions: 10
Possible unpopular opinion but both Gio and Rose have allowed speculation about them to continue, and therefore encouraging the lunatic shippers, to keep their momentum going post strictly. Gio more so but I don’t think Rose is oblivious to it all, or how it kept her in the public eye. Wasn’t there a poster on here who said Gio’s mum and sister were in one of the more insane fb groups? So they were actually involved and would’ve seen exactly what was being said. Bonkers.
Was it at the baftas when his PR posted something like 'the way they look at each other! :love:' over a picture of them - that was a pretty clear indicator that Gio was very happy to encourage it if he benefitted. Not that it means it's ok to post some of the entitled comments that appear on his page, but there's something a bit shady about encouraging it all, especially when people get so emotionally embroiled (perhaps to the detriment of their mental health in extreme cases)

Reactions: 11
I think it was more common for some of those who'd done Children in Need specials to do the main show not long after? Like Maisie and Susanna Reid.

Saying that, it does feel like they've been using the Christmas special as a bit of an audition process (seeing as they're not doing the CiN one) - I wouldn't be surprised to see Jay Blades from last year do the main show, or Alexandra and Rickie from this year (pls not Rosie Ramsey)
I liked Rickie, he seemed lovely. I hope he does the main show

It's quite interesting seeing who they 'side' with now that the non-existent romance has finally 'ended'. Most of them seem to take their rage out on Giovanni, although I've seen some of them fantasising that Rose was the one who turned him down causing him to take to the arms of another. Not a one of them acknowledges there was never the slightest hint of real sexual energy between these two, who couldn't be more unalike!
If there was ever anything real between them, I could only see it being one sided on Gio's end tbh

Last edited:
Completely agree. Gio totally played up to it but Rose was certainly not behind the door in encouraging it, too. Rose might a lovely young woman but a certain portion of her fans treat her like some fairytale princess, entirely pure and innocent. I sometimes got the impression her and Gio were having a right old laugh behind closed doors about all the fevered speculation.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The problem with this is that relatively sane outsiders have no means of knowing whether Giovanni's relatives really were members of the FB group or it is another of their wild fantasies/con-jobs. Most of them claim to have some sort of connection to Giovanni/Rose/someone related to them or a friend or relative who knows them etc, so, frankly, I'd take anyone or anything on those groups with a very big pinch of salt.

Reactions: 6
My current guilty pleasure is enjoying the Rose and Gio shippers trying to deal with both the fact that he seems to be dating Jowita and also hasn't been to see Rose's West End debut. Giovanni going to see Anton's pantomime and posting about it on his Instagram (complete with paid partnership hashtag to promote his suits of course) does rather damage their belief that he absolutely has been to see Rose's play and just kept it off social media.

View attachment 1836124
Well he has redeemed himself now because whilst all the nutters were posting on his instagram page, he was at Rose's play.

Reactions: 2
I don't know where this falls in the PR conspiracy but he did make it to the play.. (#paidpartnership #doublebreasted obv)

I do agree that both R and G were well aware of all the speculation. His mother and sister were definitely in that FB group, and apparently only the other day his father liked some shippy tweet about them, sending the speculation off again. I cannot imagine that I would allow my family to participate in that kind of stuff if I weren't involved with the person (or even if I were...)

Last edited:
Well he has redeemed himself now because whilst all the nutters were posting on his instagram page, he was at Rose's play.
It's almost as if the shippers don't actually know anything about their personal lives even though they've spent the past year analysing their social media for all those secret clues that only true fans would have noticed!

There were definitely plenty of over-invested fans back in the day - the likes of Matt/Flavia and Brian/Ali had their fair share of obsessive shippers. But the access social media has given fans means it's gone to another level that's quite scary. Because some pairings do end up together, fans seem desperate for their couple to end up in a relationship too, irrelevant of these strangers' own choices about their private lives. It's almost like they're fictional characters to them rather than real human beings who don't owe fans on Twitter anything.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder whether the shipping puts off some celebs from taking part.

Agree that R and G never did/do anything to put the speculation of the shippers to bed. Unlike the lovely Vito who when discussing people saying about romance between him and Fleur, called Fleurs husband a big piece of steak and himself chicken nuggets - I bloody love Vito. That’s how you deal with any type of possible shipping. I hope strictly keep Vito.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's almost as if the shippers don't actually know anything about their personal lives even though they've spent the past year analysing their social media for all those secret clues that only true fans would have noticed!

There were definitely plenty of over-invested fans back in the day - the likes of Matt/Flavia and Brian/Ali had their fair share of obsessive shippers. But the access social media has given fans means it's gone to another level that's quite scary. Because some pairings do end up together, fans seem desperate for their couple to end up in a relationship too, irrelevant of these strangers' own choices about their private lives. It's almost like they're fictional characters to them rather than real human beings who don't owe fans on Twitter anything.
Not justifying the intrusion levels but Matt and Flavia and Brian and Ali did both have relationships so the shipping wasn't totally without foundation like the present Rose/Gio shippers (and the hysterical AJ and Kai devotees last year). It's one thing to go moony eyed over celebrity couples who are actually together and another to totally imagine a romantic relationship.

Reactions: 5
Definitely. Some of them are simply never going to accept it. They actually have nothing on some of the craziest real person shippers out there. I remember reading somewhere that some Louis Tomlinson/Harry Styles shippers were so convinced of Louis Tomlinson's baby not being real that one stalker tweeted she was going to prove it was a doll by tipping it out of its pram. I'm not sure if they still believe it, but I remember a bunch of Sherlock/Benedict Cumberbatch fans also thought his wife/baby weren't 'real' when he first got engaged.

And then there's a small group of Sam Hueghan/Caitriona Balfe shippers, who think that they're secretly married with three secret children, despite her actually being married with one child to a guy she was engaged to before Outlander even started.

Rose/Gio shippers are barely even on board the crazy train in the grand scheme of things! 😂
Oh my gosh you’ve just reminded me of the Cumberbatch weirdos! I’ll have to find them on Tumblr when I get my laptop back if they’re still there. They were insane!

Reactions: 1
I agree that they let it run for probably mutual benefit, particularly once she was single, but I also don’t think to some of those shippers it would’ve made much difference- they were so convinced that almost anything they did would have fed it. To officially deny it would have looked bizarre because although very vocal, the shippers are a very small minority.

The fact that they are actually friends meant content that other shippers (KJ/Ranvanni) could only dream of, but also gave them even more fuel (not actually fuel, but if you are so far gone you think a song in an Instagram story has meaning, you’ll lap it up 😆).

Reactions: 3
duck me…. I don’t see a thread for them so this is the next best place to post but James and ola are bleeping painful 😩 the weight loss video that came as such a surprise 🥴🙄🙄

wow the first ep. It's so interesting to see how it has evolved since then, I think the singing was much better here than now. Also Tess looks pretty here

duck me…. I don’t see a thread for them so this is the next best place to post but James and ola are bleeping painful 😩 the weight loss video that came as such a surprise 🥴🙄🙄
The secondhand embarrassment is certainly high with this ‘dance shred’ racket.

They’ve got their own thread, but there’s been more discussion about them on this thread

wow the first ep. It's so interesting to see how it has evolved since then, I think the singing was much better here than now. Also Tess looks pretty here
Thanks for that. I’ve been dying to find full early episodes to see how different it was to today. When they’ve put up old episodes/series on iPlayer or BritBox in the past they have been relatively recent ones no longer back than about 5 years

To be fair to Tess, despite her dodgy outfits and sub-par presenting skills, she looks absolutely insane for her age now and is a stunning woman. I’m a fair bit younger than her and would sell my kidney to look like her 😆

Reactions: 11
Thanks for that. I’ve been dying to find full early episodes to see how different it was to today. When they’ve put up old episodes/series on iPlayer or BritBox in the past they have been relatively recent ones no longer back than about 5 years
There's also series 2 episode 1, taped off the TV and the last few seconds it turns into another show, but most of the episode is there 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.