Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are pretty intrusive digging for ‘evidence’ when Rose has said in nearly every interview she has done that she wants her private life to be private. I don’t know how they even found that picture of her filming with Gio and Anton in Sicily- it wasn’t anywhere publicly obvious.

Anyway, I believe it all to be a deliberate smokescreen for the real hot couple from Strictly 2021….

33C8988B-64B1-491E-886A-85BCD577E897.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My current guilty pleasure is enjoying the Rose and Gio shippers trying to deal with both the fact that he seems to be dating Jowita and also hasn't been to see Rose's West End debut. Giovanni going to see Anton's pantomime and posting about it on his Instagram (complete with paid partnership hashtag to promote his suits of course) does rather damage their belief that he absolutely has been to see Rose's play and just kept it off social media.

View attachment 1836124
God, I get such secondhand embarrassment when I see comments like this. Who are these people?

Reactions: 5
semi scandalous photos of Vito sadly I don’t think will ever exist - perhaps can manifest. Vito is just too joyous for scandal.
Now, Gio gives me eyes wide shut vibes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I wonder if zara mcdermott may end up on strictly. For some reason she has become a bbc darling with two documentaries, and has nearly 2 million social media followers

• Sad
Surely Owain Wyn Evans is a dead cert for next year? I mean, I've been saying he's a dead cert for the past two years! I've got to be right at some point!

Reactions: 9
Surely Owain Wyn Evans is a dead cert for next year? I mean, I've been saying he's a dead cert for the past two years! I've got to be right at some point!
The BBC weatherperson is an elusive beast, they tried for ten years straight to catch the wily Schafernaker, without success, and whilst they managed to capture the Kirkwood, she did not perform well in captivity.

Perhaps the flamboyantly clad Wyn Evans has cunningly camouflaged himself within the Wardrobe department, with Strictly hunters now on a false trail up to the Scottish studios, where they will accidentally catch Sean Batty instead, and sadly have to release him back to the wild, as he is an STV weatherman, and of no use to the BBC.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've always assumed the reality behind those fitness DVDs/subscriptions is that there is little chance of losing the amount of weight lost by the celebrity by just following the being flogged programme. I imagine they actually: a/overconsumed deliberately in the lead up to the campaign launch, together with some staged ' oh look at me! Never mind I'm focussing on x/y/z for now!' Pics.
B/then went on a severely calorie restricted diet for the next 12 or so weeks
c/ did shed loads more exercise then what is shown in the videos, including lots of running and strength training.

There's another celeb who dines out on fitness and it's quite obvious just from looking at them that they do a lot more than they claim to whilst flogging their fitness wears.

so disingenuous.
If people want to purchase it to use as a guided exercise programme, fine (although there are probably cheaper options on the markets).

But as you say, it's unlikely that every person will end up looking like them just from doing the programme.

Fitness/weight loss/whatever is actually not rocket science, but it takes time if you do it sustainably. Every person's body and life circumstances differ too, so you cannot say 'in 6 weeks you will look like X if you complete Y!' We are all too unique and it just doesn't work like that

Reactions: 3
Even in the world of over-invested Strictly shippers, those comments on Gio's post are wild. The fact they are on a drama-free pic of just him and Anton makes it even wilder. Actually quite worrying they are so far down the rabbit hole, they think it's ok to post stuff like that

I know there's a valid argument that Gio has encouraged speculation about him a Rose to build his profile, and he may just laugh off those comments, but still, doesn't really make it ok

Even in the world of over-invested Strictly shippers, those comments on Gio's post are wild. The fact they are on a drama-free pic of just him and Anton makes it even wilder. Actually quite worrying they are so far down the rabbit hole, they think it's ok to post stuff like that

I know there's a valid argument that Gio has encouraged speculation about him a Rose to build his profile, and he may just laugh off those comments, but still, doesn't really make it ok
One of the things that I also find crazy is that a lot of them seem to be from women who probably have adult children around the same age as him- how would they feel if that was their child receiving that? Plus I’m sorry but it’s just embarrassing.

This is all following a similar vein to the AJ/Kai ship crashing and burning, which led to comments calling Kai all sorts but also awful comments about Nadiya and implying she was a bad mother. That eventually blew over aside from on some miserable corners of Twitter/their AT so hopefully this will do the same sooner rather than later for the benefit of everyone involved 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
One of the things that I also find crazy is that a lot of them seem to be from women who probably have adult children around the same age as him- how would they feel if that was their child receiving that? Plus I’m sorry but it’s just embarrassing.

This is all following a similar vein to the AJ/Kai ship crashing and burning, which led to comments calling Kai all sorts but also awful comments about Nadiya and implying she was a bad mother. That eventually blew over aside from on some miserable corners of Twitter/their AT so hopefully this will do the same sooner rather than later for the benefit of everyone involved 😬
The over-investment in Strictly 'friendships' I find so bizarre too. Some of those shippers have now moved onto telling Gio what a bad friend he is to Rose, and I remember last year, some AJ fans seemed to latch onto her and John, making out like they were besties and then being disappointed when John dared hang out with anyone else. So strange

I guess this is what comes out Strictly pushing the old 'friends for life' trope. When in reality most partnerships and cast members get on, but then go back to their normal lives and friends, like normal people do.

Unless you are Janette and Aljaz, in which case you have amassed a collection of best Strictly friends to go on holiday with ten times a year 😆

Reactions: 10
I definitely think it's a lot rarer for the couples to remain anything near close friends years down the line. A fond acquaintance maybe, but that's probably about the best of it.

Strictly is such a moment in time, and as others have said, people move on to other projects or settle back into their regular work. The pro gets their new partner and it will all start over again in late summer when the new celeb announcements start.

Some of the Rio shippers will always be that Rose and Gio are a secret couple with their secret messaging. Everything is just one big cover to keep their relationship private. Said it before but for me that would make Rose and Gio 2 egotistical people who feel that they have to go to such lengths to cover up the relationship, involve other people (like Jowita). What an exhausting and non fun relationship would that be. I wouldn’t be surprised if some may even think that the photo Rose posted on her stories on Boxing Day with 3 grainy people under rainbow that one could be Gio. That along with Luba’s recent inspirational quote, which is obviously all about Gio/Rose.

I would love to see Pasquale on Gio’s tour but refuse to pay much for the ticket (as I plan averting my eyes like a nun when Gio prances around) .
I’m off to take advantage of the distress of disgruntled rio fans to try get a cheap ticket on Facebook. I’ll report back if I get a bargain! 🤞 #everycloud

Some of the Rio shippers will always be that Rose and Gio are a secret couple with their secret messaging. Everything is just one big cover to keep their relationship private. Said it before but for me that would make Rose and Gio 2 egotistical people who feel that they have to go to such lengths to cover up the relationship, involve other people (like Jowita). What an exhausting and non fun relationship would that be. I wouldn’t be surprised if some may even think that the photo Rose posted on her stories on Boxing Day with 3 grainy people under rainbow that one could be Gio. That along with Luba’s recent inspirational quote, which is obviously all about Gio/Rose.
Definitely. Some of them are simply never going to accept it. They actually have nothing on some of the craziest real person shippers out there. I remember reading somewhere that some Louis Tomlinson/Harry Styles shippers were so convinced of Louis Tomlinson's baby not being real that one stalker tweeted she was going to prove it was a doll by tipping it out of its pram. I'm not sure if they still believe it, but I remember a bunch of Sherlock/Benedict Cumberbatch fans also thought his wife/baby weren't 'real' when he first got engaged.

And then there's a small group of Sam Hueghan/Caitriona Balfe shippers, who think that they're secretly married with three secret children, despite her actually being married with one child to a guy she was engaged to before Outlander even started.

Rose/Gio shippers are barely even on board the crazy train in the grand scheme of things! 😂

• Wow
I would love to see Pasquale on Gio’s tour but refuse to pay much for the ticket (as I plan averting my eyes like a nun when Gio prances around) .
I’m off to take advantage of the distress of disgruntled rio fans to try get a cheap ticket on Facebook. I’ll report back if I get a bargain! 🤞 #everycloud
It sounds like he’ll be doing more singing this time around, so maybe pack your earplugs too 😆

It really makes me cross when I see reference by shippers to a ‘fairytale ending’- Rose’s fairytale ending is right where she is now, acting and doing what she loves. She literally couldn’t get an agent as she hadn’t been to drama school, but couldn’t go to drama school as none were accessible so had to find her own work on Facebook only a few years back.

Reactions: 4
Definitely. Some of them are simply never going to accept it. They actually have nothing on some of the craziest real person shippers out there. I remember reading somewhere that some Louis Tomlinson/Harry Styles shippers were so convinced of Louis Tomlinson's baby not being real that one stalker tweeted she was going to prove it was a doll by tipping it out of its pram. I'm not sure if they still believe it, but I remember a bunch of Sherlock/Benedict Cumberbatch fans also thought his wife/baby weren't 'real' when he first got engaged.

And then there's a small group of Sam Hueghan/Caitriona Balfe shippers, who think that they're secretly married with three secret children, despite her actually being married with one child to a guy she was engaged to before Outlander even started.

Rose/Gio shippers are barely even on board the crazy train in the grand scheme of things! 😂
There was a thread on DS … Larries and other tin hats … (or something like that) that used to read with a dropped jaw. Benedict C’s wife was all kinds of criminal mastermind basically holding him hostage and forcing him to pretend the robobabies were real kids. Meghan and Harry pretty much the same (it seemed there was a bit of crossover there as well). Its worth finding it and skimming through if you ever have a few spare minutes.

There was a thread on DS … Larries and other tin hats … (or something like that) that used to read with a dropped jaw. Benedict C’s wife was all kinds of criminal mastermind basically holding him hostage and forcing him to pretend the robobabies were real kids. Meghan and Harry pretty much the same (it seemed there was a bit of crossover there as well). Its worth finding it and skimming through if you ever have a few spare minutes.
Found it. There's my entertainment sorted for the next few days, lol.

The bit about Jared Padalecki's and Jensen Ackles' wives having babies around the same time somehow proving that they're beards who are just surrogates for them made me laugh, what with 4 or 5 of the DWTS pro girls having babies at the same time. I guess that means the whole cast is a polycule? 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.