Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy Christmas Strictly Tattlers! πŸŽ„β€

And remember, cling film is for wrapping turkey leftovers, not for anything untoward

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Happy Neither Giovanni nor Neil winning the Christmas special day πŸ₯‚πŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Happy Christmas everyone!!! πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„

Bit gutted that he wasn't under the tree this morning...
new1-1.gif

...maybe next year! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Happy Neither Giovanni nor Neil winning the Christmas special day πŸ₯‚πŸ˜†
And Amy. I look forward to seeing the camera pan to all three of their faces when they lose with their respective dance trained celebrities.

Also excited to see how the AJ shippers react to a Kai win. Dr. Be shall be on the case!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A more disturbing onesie image - Christmas throuple?
As worrying as that thought is, I'm glad they've adopted Cameron if he has nowhere else to go for Christmas. Just a shame he couldn't latch on to one of the better role models - Cam hun, Neil is not your mentor.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
As worrying as that thought is, I'm glad they've adopted Cameron if he has nowhere else to go for Christmas. Just a shame he couldn't latch on to one of the better role models - Cam hun, Neil is not your mentor.
I imagine Neil's girlfriend might have more in common with Cameron seeing as they are pretty much the same age 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Must be something wrong with me, Vito does nothing for me 😳😳😳 And I love an Italian Stallion.

To be honest, it could have been his partnership with Fleur that was the issue. For me, she's just a Beyonce tribute act (I know I've said this before but I just can't get past it)

I don't mind her when she's presenting stuff on Ant and Dec but I can't take her seriously as a singer/dancer. I know, I'm strange!!!

Anyway, back to Vito. As I say, I wasn't that impressed with him. But it could have been the frantic Fleur that put me off. Maybe next year will be different.

I felt really disengaged with strictly this year. Between the celebrities not being that good in the beginning, one being quite unlikeable, 10s being chucked about like confetti and the loss of well known pros, it was a very strange strictly.

Hopefully next year will be a return to form.

Reactions: 1
Must be something wrong with me, Vito does nothing for me 😳😳😳 And I love an Italian Stallion.

To be honest, it could have been his partnership with Fleur that was the issue. For me, she's just a Beyonce tribute act (I know I've said this before but I just can't get past it)

I don't mind her when she's presenting stuff on Ant and Dec but I can't take her seriously as a singer/dancer. I know, I'm strange!!!

Anyway, back to Vito. As I say, I wasn't that impressed with him. But it could have been the frantic Fleur that put me off. Maybe next year will be different.

I felt really disengaged with strictly this year. Between the celebrities not being that good in the beginning, one being quite unlikeable, 10s being chucked about like confetti and the loss of well known pros, it was a very strange strictly.

Hopefully next year will be a return to form.
It's Christmas! Where are the good vibes? πŸ˜‚

I think that it is unfair to call Fleur a 'Beyonce tribute' act. She did one dance to Beyonce and one to Destiny's Child but that doesn't mean she is trying to be like Beyonce. When have we ever seen Beyonce doing a Ballroom or Latin dance?! Fleur showed us her range as a dancer. We saw her doing slow dances like the Waltz and VW. I can see why people called Fleur too powerful in the beginning of the competition. However, it is time to let that view go because Fleur showed how she was able to control her power by the end of the series.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's Christmas! Where are the good vibes? πŸ˜‚

I think that it is unfair to call Fleur a 'Beyonce tribute' act. She did one dance to Beyonce and one to Destiny's Child but that doesn't mean she is trying to be like Beyonce. When have we ever seen Beyonce doing a Ballroom or Latin dance?! Fleur showed us her range as a dancer. We saw her doing slow dances like the Waltz and VW. I can see why people called Fleur too powerful in the beginning of the competition. However, it is time to let that view go because Fleur showed how she was able to control her power by the end of the series.
Okay - i know it's Christmas. But I just don't like Fleur as a performer. I remember her on X Factor - her best performance was when they over produced the song so much you couldn't hear her "singing"

Usually people grow on.me during strictly. Kym did this year. Patsy Kensit in a previous year.

But Fleur never did. The endless talking about her dad was manipulative and unnecessary so that by the time she was dancing, I wasn't interested. I never understood why people raved about the Fleur/Vito relationship. It left me totally cold.

It's no shade on them as people. You like some coupes, you don't like some other couples.

Don't understand why people keep defending Fleur. I think she's a Beyonce tribute act - you don't. It's fine πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Reactions: 2
Okay - i know it's Christmas. But I just don't like Fleur as a performer. I remember her on X Factor - her best performance was when they over produced the song so much you couldn't hear her "singing"

Usually people grow on.me during strictly. Kym did this year. Patsy Kensit in a previous year.

But Fleur never did. The endless talking about her dad was manipulative and unnecessary so that by the time she was dancing, I wasn't interested. I never understood why people raved about the Fleur/Vito relationship. It left me totally cold.

It's no shade on them as people. You like some coupes, you don't like some other couples.

Don't understand why people keep defending Fleur. I think she's a Beyonce tribute act - you don't. It's fine πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I am not trying to defend Fleur exactly. Beyonce isn't a bad person to want to copy. As you posted your opinion on a forum, people will sometimes respond with a comment agreeing with you or not argeeing with you. I was just offering a different view to you. Your opinion is fair enough. I just don't agree with it. πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
IMO, the only 2 things that Fleur and Beyonce have in common is that they are both POC and sing. Even their style of singing isn't very similar.

Fair enough if you didn't like Fleur and Vito as a couple. They are loads of popular couples that I haven't cared for. Like Hamza/Jowita and Rose/Giovanni.

Anyway, the series is over now so we don't have to see any of the celebs unless we want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I am not trying to defend Fleur exactly. Beyonce isn't a bad person to want to copy. As you posted your opinion on a forum, people will sometimes respond with a comment agreeing with you or not argeeing with you. I was just offering a different view to you. Your opinion is fair enough. I just don't agree with it. πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
IMO, the only 2 things that Fleur and Beyonce have in common is that they are both POC and sing. Even their style of singing isn't very similar.

Fair enough if you didn't like Fleur and Vito as a couple. They are loads of popular couples that I haven't cared for. Like Hamza/Jowita and Rose/Giovanni.

Anyway, the series is over now so we don't have to see any of the celebs unless we want to.
To be fair, it was Fleur that wanted the connection.
several times.

Reactions: 1
To be fair, it was Fleur that wanted the connection.
several times.
She chose a Destiny's Child themed CC so that's fair, but I don't think she chose the other Beyonce song - I think that was for Halloween which had a tenuous tit theme and wasn't anything like Beyonce anyway. I can't comment on X Factor as I didn't watch it but the Fleur songs I know don't really have a Beyonce vibe.

Tribute act seems a bit catty, and it's a phrase I've seen trotted out on DS forums. Unless you're that poster @Glaschelle? 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyway… nearly time to see those nightmarish colourful gnome costumes in action

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.