Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if getting a gig like Strictly can be a bit of a double-edged sword in the sense that dancing is a creative profession and if you start to lose your passion it can get increasingly difficult to go through the motions.

It's a bit like soap actors. Many spend their lives on them, whereas others, leave after a few years regardless of the safety of a regular wage or the popularity of their character, because they creatively need new challenges.

Of course, their success beyond the soap can be hit or miss.
I suppose the advantage of it is that it gives you the platform to launch your own tour - Oti, Johannes, Gorka, Gio etc would not have had the opportunity otherwise. I know Gio isn't exactly revolutionising the dance world with Him and Me, but presumably these things give more creative satisfaction as you have total control, and the only alternative is the nth Burn The Floor tour...

LadyLav is now slagging off Ballando's Pasquale who is apparently an attention-seeker. I thought she'd like him as he is in Gio's tour, but I think she is worried he is going to try to hog the limelight! She is also muttering that he is a sure thing for Strictly next year which seems a bit unlikely - would they have four male Italian pros?

Reactions: 1
LadyLav is now slagging off Ballando's Pasquale who is apparently an attention-seeker. I thought she'd like him as he is in Gio's tour, but I think she is worried he is going to try to hog the limelight! She is also muttering that he is a sure thing for Strictly next year which seems a bit unlikely - would they have four male Italian pros?
She’s acting incredibly bitter - obviously she’s not a Pasquale fan but this win isn’t his fault, it’s the fault of the frankly bizarre format of the show.

Reactions: 4
Unless either graz or gio leave then I think Pasquale has missed the strictly boat unfortunately. If he was joining he would’ve done a couple of years ago. (He could also be happier floating about from country to country doing their version of strictly with a bit of touring in the UK for his friends)

Reactions: 1
I'd be more than happy to see Gio and (sorry...) Gorka leave before next year's show. All of the other male pros (I mean those who had a partner this year - you're not sneaking your way into a compliment Neil!) come across as such gems with great energy, who seem like they'd be happy to be partnered with a dancer of any ability level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Gorka is on Gio's level, but he leaves me cold and I can't be arsed with an inevitable "Get Gorka the win!" storyline next year. It should never be about the pro, and I think the other male pros get that.

Also bored to death of Amy and Dianne, and whilst I'm sure Nancy is lovely and certainly deserves a medal for dealing with Angry Dad, I've not warmed to her or her choreography. It would be nice to see one of the benched female pros get a shot, plus some fresh blood.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'd be more than happy to see Gio and (sorry...) Gorka leave before next year's show. All of the other male pros (I mean those who had a partner this year - you're not sneaking your way into a compliment Neil!) come across as such gems with great energy, who seem like they'd be happy to be partnered with a dancer of any ability level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Gorka is on Gio's level, but he leaves me cold and I can't be arsed with an inevitable "Get Gorka the win!" storyline next year. It should never be about the pro, and I think the other male pros get that.

Also bored to death of Amy and Dianne, and whilst I'm sure Nancy is lovely and certainly deserves a medal for dealing with Angry Dad, I've not warmed to her or her choreography. It would be nice to see one of the benched female pros get a shot, plus some fresh blood.
i 1000% believe that it was amy and/or dianne’s last series. it felt like a try out for lauren, who caught the eye in all the group numbers she was in and came across really well in her itt appearances. i think we’ll see her with a contestant next year, in place of (probably) dianne. i feel like another pro could have gotten so much more out of tyler.

Reactions: 9
Unless either graz or gio leave then I think Pasquale has missed the strictly boat unfortunately. If he was joining he would’ve done a couple of years ago. (He could also be happier floating about from country to country doing their version of strictly with a bit of touring in the UK for his friends)
I think if Vito hadn’t joined Pasquale would have been in, but I do agree that it feels like he missed the boat and until one of Gio/Graz leaves I can’t see it.

Reactions: 3
YES to Giovanni and Jowita, finally stop the rose shippers. Bunch of deluded freaks that they are

Also, I hope Neil goes. He’s tit and he’s almost like part of the furniture, he gives me the creeps

If he gets another contender next year, I'm convinced he gets some say in who his celeb is.
I agree, I think he seems to get what he wants every year, strikes me as a nightmare to work with in all honesty

Obviously the fact they obviously weren’t together and gave no indication they were isn’t clarity enough?
Same with AJ and Kai shippers, mental the lot of them

Reactions: 2
Not sure if Karen will be back next series; she's been there 10 years and now has had a same sex partner. I wonder if she still wants to do it.

I think Cameron is the biggest question mark of all; no partner yet on main series or christmas special. What was the point of his hiring?

Reactions: 7
I think if Vito hadn’t joined Pasquale would have been in, but I do agree that it feels like he missed the boat and until one of Gio/Graz leaves I can’t see it.
They also don't seem to take on Pros after the age of 30. Most seem to be hired mid to late 20s.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if Karen will be back next series; she's been there 10 years and now has had a same sex partner. I wonder if she still wants to do it.

I think Cameron is the biggest question mark of all; no partner yet on main series or christmas special. What was the point of his hiring?
Same thing happened with Chloe. She never got a partner either.

Reactions: 3
I think Cameron's either done or he'll get a partner next year, which I'm not sure I see happening but you never know. He might not be doing tours if he wants to spend a good chunk of time back home. I wouldn't be surprised not to see him next year though.

I always thought this was Karen's last year so I am not sure she will come back unless she wants one more go with someone who isn't an absolute bellend *cough*Jayde*cough*. She's nicely settled with her fit husband, lovely dogs and farm so no surprises if she's just checked out.

Reactions: 12
They also don't seem to take on Pros after the age of 30. Most seem to be hired mid to late 20s.
I was a bit surprised that they took on Lauren for that reason. Pasquale would be 34 next year which is pushing it for a new hire, a standard 7/8 year run would take him to his early 40s so it's doable but possibly not what the producers would go for. I feel that if Gio or Gorka left, a fresh faced 25 year old (possibly with experience on a foreign DWTS) would show up in their place.

Reactions: 4
6614462B-2866-4C8C-AA1F-714E7D34957A.jpeg

Luba looks amazing in her Christmas special pic (they seem to have got off relatively lightly in terms of costumes compared to Kai dressed as Santa)

Reactions: 9
Just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas if you celebrate, and if you don’t, or this is a tough time of year for whatever reason I’ll be thinking about you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Popping in briefly as I search for yet more batteries in a Buck’s Fizz haze to wish all a merry Christmas, and highlight Vito is in a Snoopy onesie having a jolly cute time with his fam on his stories ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Popping in briefly as I search for yet more batteries in a Buck’s Fizz haze to wish all a merry Christmas, and highlight Vito is in a Snoopy onesie having a jolly cute time with his fam on his stories ❤
He is just precious, isn't he? Have a wonderful, peaceful and joyful day fellow Tattlers 🤗

Screenshot_20221225_093343_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221225_093346_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.