Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually when you think about it, how many times in life are you expected to stand and applaud someone immediately after losing out to them, especially so publicly. Tv competitions are unique in that respect.

Sports events you generally don't, jobs or auditions you don't, university degreesgraduation always a while after results).
Oh, I’ve always wanted someone at the Olympics at the trackside interview to say something like (in answer to the question how are you feeling(when they’ve just missed qualifying well) it’s 4 years of my life down the swansee and I’ve missed my sister’s wedding, four Christmas Dinners and several family parties to train … but it’s grand than you, but no one ever does.
(see also Wimbledon).

Reactions: 4
Having considered it after the wine has worn off a bit, I don't think Gorka's reaction was terrible but it strikes me as exactly what we were criticising Will for all series so maybe Gorka is just El Mardiarso?
el mardiarso!! 🤣🤣

i feel like will’s vibe was different (in that it was centered on not being able to take criticism rather than genuine disappointment) but i get your point!

Reactions: 7
el mardiarso!! 🤣🤣

i feel like will’s vibe was different (in that it was centered on not being able to take criticism rather than genuine disappointment) but i get your point!
Literally just wanted to say El Mardiarso tbf

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I feel for Gorka as he knew this was The One. Unlike Maisie and Alexandra she wasn't 'too good' or 'arrogant'. Good dancer, great backstory, likeable personality, but came up against another contestant with all that too.
But really if Helen couldn't do it with her personal story and that CC what hope is there for a female contestant who isn't a Rose, lightning-in-a-bottle type?
Lightening in a bottle is a great way of putting it. All male pros must know this, so it must be so gutting for Gorka to have the opportunity this year, but just come up against a slightly more popular celeb

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have to say, I’m well chuffed I got pro tour tickets for next year after seeing those pros in the final

Reactions: 8
i truly don’t know what type of female contestant could win this show anymore 🤣 like you say, rose was lightning in a bottle (and gio knew it) but i would have said that helen had all the perfect components too (and gorka knew it). it’s just bad luck that she was the same year as a contestant just as likeable.

i don’t think we’re going to see a female winner for while now tbh 🧐
Helen was good but I didn't feel anything when she danced most of the time. I feel like I always need to preface by saying how brave she is etc etc but I don't think she had star quality or memorable routines. Fleur has passion, sometimes too much! I do think that the female celebs with the entire package rarely end up winning. Or 'they think they're too good' when they show an ounce of confidence. I bloody love Hamza and voted for him every week that I remembered to but I can admit he isn't the strongest winner in terms of having the whole package.

Reactions: 15
I really hope Vito goes in to do a stand alone tour. I’d be there every night! 😜

I’d imagine it’d be more popular than Kai & Nadiya’s one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Vito has been the absolute standout of this series for me. I adore him - where can I get one?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Helen was good but I didn't feel anything when she danced most of the time. I feel like I always need to preface by saying how brave she is etc etc but I don't think she had star quality or memorable routines. Fleur has passion, sometimes too much! I do think that the female celebs with the entire package rarely end up winning. Or 'they think they're too good' when they show an ounce of confidence. I bloody love Hamza and voted for him every week that I remembered to but I can admit he isn't the strongest winner in terms of having the whole package.
i mean we’ve said it before but a female celeb has to be confident but not too confident, humble but not too humble because that looks fake, love her family but not too much because ew sob story, never ever cry on camera but also show emotion because otherwise she’s too cold, be funny but not too funny because that’s trying too hard, be sweet but not too sweet because that’s fake etc.

a man just needs to be nice and a decent dancer. look at his little face! etc

How did Stacey dooley win? It’s still a mystery to me!
considering the sheer quality of her opposition that year, it still baffles me.

Reactions: 21
How did Stacey dooley win? It’s still a mystery to me!
Well Ashley and Faye were never going to win so it was between her and Joe. I can't remember what their repeat dances were but I remember I thought Joe's show dance was better, Stacey's was very messy.

Reactions: 3
I said Helen's showdance song sucked donkey bollocks and now it's stuck firmly in my head.

Shi-hi-hi-ee-ite 🎤

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Talking about female celebs, I'm hoping for Vicky McClure on Strictly one day but I doubt it'll happen :love: :love: and Nadine Coyle if Nicola is giving the xmas special a go. In terms of soap stars, I only watch Eastenders so would like to see maybe Lacey Turner. Loads of the current female cast have already been on it over the years.

Reactions: 4
Hello.
Well I'll have to catchup with previous posts later but my take whilst I can remember

There was too much Jayde in the clauditorium (with fake sad face)thankfully she was out of the picture latter half.
There was too much Jason gilchrist (feck off and stay behind the scenes)
I was so disappointed with Hamzas dances except the couple's choice. The showdance needed the singing, or a big band instrumental- but the dance had no va va voom.

Molly - showdance, I expected more pow content but also didnt want raunchy with the folks and Billy in the audience. Didn't understand the pink washing up gimpy gloves.

Fleur - hers was a showdance, her couple's choice that I previously hated was so so much better and enjoyable.

Helen - showdance, confused as I didn't see a show dance. Couple's choice was great.Didn't like Gorka's disappointed grumpy face.

I was torn about the winner tonight, because based on tonight's performance I wanted Fleur or Molly to win. Generally consistent dancer was Hamza but he lacked energy and I can't pretend but his win tonight seemed a bit anticlimactic

The celeb group dances along with the music was the best I've seen.

Reactions: 7
also, while i’m here;

WHAT MORE DID CRAIG WANT FROM MOLLY’S RUMBA??!

that dance should be a 40.

also thought fleur’s cc was actually improved by the no backing dancers. just being able to focus on her and vito made it much more dynamic.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.