Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
show has never recovered from that. was it darren gough that len went mad over? a man! stepping out of the pub and onto the dance floor! he’s never even clicked his fingers in time before! amazing!

i know we’ve talked about it loads here but a female contestant has to be a unique and contradictory set of qualities to do well on this show. they’re rare. i think gorka knew he had one in helen and so the disappointment must be major.

i love hamza but he was the weakest one in the final. he just had so much good feeling already that it carried him through.
Not just a man … a blokey, bloke Sportsman from Yorkshire.
the scars run deep.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
show has never recovered from that. was it darren gough that len went mad over? a man! stepping out of the pub and onto the dance floor! he’s never even clicked his fingers in time before! amazing!

i know we’ve talked about it loads here but a female contestant has to be a unique and contradictory set of qualities to do well on this show. they’re rare. i think gorka knew he had one in helen and so the disappointment must be major.

i love hamza but he was the weakest one in the final. he just had so much good feeling already that it carried him through.
I feel for Gorka as he knew this was The One. Unlike Maisie and Alexandra she wasn't 'too good' or 'arrogant'. Good dancer, great backstory, likeable personality, but came up against another contestant with all that too.
But really if Helen couldn't do it with her personal story and that CC what hope is there for a female contestant who isn't a Rose, lightning-in-a-bottle type?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It wasn't exactly a vintage series 😬 but luckily the Strictly thread has been Fab-u-lous once again🤩❤💁🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Actually when you think about it, how many times in life are you expected to stand and applaud someone immediately after losing out to them, especially so publicly. Tv competitions are unique in that respect.

Sports events you generally don't, jobs or auditions you don't, university degrees you don't (graduation always a while after results).

Reactions: 9
I feel for Gorka as he knew this was The One. Unlike Maisie and Alexandra she wasn't 'too good' or 'arrogant'. Good dancer, great backstory, likeable personality, but came up against another contestant with all that too.
But really if Helen couldn't do it with her personal story and that CC what hope is there for a female contestant who isn't a Rose, lightning-in-a-bottle type?
i truly don’t know what type of female contestant could win this show anymore 🤣 like you say, rose was lightning in a bottle (and gio knew it) but i would have said that helen had all the perfect components too (and gorka knew it). it’s just bad luck that she was the same year as a contestant just as likeable.

i don’t think we’re going to see a female winner for while now tbh 🧐

Reactions: 7
I had to laugh last year when they made a big deal of social distancing and said they couldn’t have an after party at all and then there were endless pictures on social media of AJ & Rose having a kiss and everyone having drinks and hugging in party outfits 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
An old friend of mine used to work on Strictly and I used to love his old facebook albums of the afterparties. So messy!!!
I always look at the instas of the hair and make-up girls to see what's going in the background!

I see Vito's ex, the Italian singer Arisa (recipient of the boob-fondling on Ballando con le stelle) has written a *very* gushing post about him tonight. He broke up with her when he got Strictly and unfollowed her a while ago. Hit up that afterparty, girl!

Reactions: 8
Gorkas reaction was not ok. I can understand being gutted but surely they should be a level of professionalism. He just looked like a spoilt brat stood there spitting his dummy out. Very disappointing as I usually like Gorka too
Differing opinions and all that...but this seems a bit harsh to say??
He hardly threw a strop and stormed off, or went on a rant or anything.. he looked disappointed and stood clapping politely! He was professional in the face if his own disappointment!

Reactions: 14
Actually when you think about it, how many times in life are you expected to stand and applaud someone immediately after losing out to them, especially so publicly. Tv competitions are unique in that respect.

Sports events you generally don't, jobs or auditions you don't, university degrees you don't (graduation always a while after results).
Very good point!
Although I am very much looking forward to all the good looking grumpy football faces on Sunday...

• Haha
Reactions: 1

He hardly threw a strop and stormed off, or went on a rant or anything.. he looked disappointed and stood clapping politely! He was professional in the face if his own disappointment!
He didn't even go over until Helen practically pulled him? Sore loser in my opinion

Reactions: 9
i would agree. he looked obviously disappointed but not to the point that it was unprofessional.

i don’t judge him at all for not being able to instantly gather himself together, especially with the speed that they fly through that part of the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Having considered it after the wine has worn off a bit, I don't think Gorka's reaction was terrible but it strikes me as exactly what we were criticising Will for all series so maybe Gorka is just El Mardiarso?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
And Katya

edit, jus remember she won it on her second season, my bad!
Yeah Katya won it in her second year and hasnt had a sniff of the final since. Alijaz got to the final only once after his win but it was with Gemma who had no chance of winning that year.

Reactions: 3
I always look at the instas of the hair and make-up girls to see what's going in the background!

I see Vito's ex, the Italian singer Arisa (recipient of the boob-fondling on Ballando con le stelle) has written a *very* gushing post about him tonight. He broke up with her when he got Strictly and unfollowed her a while ago. Hit up that afterparty, girl!
I think he was pretty cut up about the breakup. I doubt just getting Strictly alone made him dump her. They are both very busy performers & maybe couldn’t see a long distance relationship working.
Her loss is our gain! 💙

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.