Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I looked as ‘mumsy’ as Nadiya I would do the school run in a bikini.

Kai shared a pic of him and Nadiya and one of them commented ‘it’s giving mother and son vibes’. Clearly maths isn’t their strong point, along with letting bloody go. It’s all a bit pathetic now.
Isn AJ older than Nadiya? <tongue, meet cheek>

Reactions: 5
'Mother and son' :rolleyes:

Do these clowns not know that their goddess is 2 years older than Nadiya, or do they just not care how stupid comments like this make them look?
also for nadiya to look like kai's mum she would have to look about 70 years old, because how old is kai mid forties.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I see that Nadiya has done an interview and has confirmed she’s dating Kai. I can’t even lie, I ran straight to DS 😂 They think it’s way too soon, that there are multiple lies in the interview and also apparently Nadiya doesn’t seem happy with Kai because she called him funny. The delusion lives on I see.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think sometimes people over-estimate just how much say the Pro’s have when it comes to press and promotion around Tour and show times. Basically, they are performing ponies trotted out for maximum benefit. Nadiya may seemingly be vanilla in gorgeous human form, but she is the one with story that the copywriters can use for a headline hook … so her it is. Next year should Luba elope with Neil, it will be her turn.

link to the interview (actually, I found it really interesting. She comes across very well, to me)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Just had a look at Oti's tour and this is how many seats are left to book for tonights show :eek:
Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 12.16.20.png

Is this normal???

• Wow
Just seen a clip on Karen's Instagram of Neil dancing in a kilt. All the other women have blue Union Jack themed costumes but Nadiya is in some weird grayish jacket and skirt combo.

Just had a look at Oti's tour and this is how many seats are left to book for tonights show :eek:
View attachment 1232293

Is this normal???
I have a bit of a nerdy fascination with ticket sales and it seems the only pros who sold out or nearly sold out this year are Giovanni and Johannes (no coincidence that they're the ones who made the final - having a decent celeb partner really does mean extra £££ in some cases). Not that others sold badly across the board, but I think some larger regional venues struggle a bit - effects of cost of living maybe?

Although I did assume Oti would be close to selling out most of her shows because she's so popular - not sure this bodes well for her touring in the future now she's not dancing on Strictly anymore

Edit: just noticed both Oti and the pro tour are in Cardiff tonight so maybe that's affected both their sales a bit. Impossible for even the most die hard of Strictly fans to be in 2 places at once 😆

Last edited:
I wonder if people are still a bit wary of going to shows with Covid still about. Some of the pro tour sales are not great either, not sure they needed two shows in Hull when neither have sold that well. I've seen a few people on Twitter who have moved nearer the front at pro tour because some people haven't shown up as well.

Just seen a clip on Karen's Instagram of Neil dancing in a kilt. All the other women have blue Union Jack themed costumes but Nadiya is in some weird grayish jacket and skirt combo.
Neil in a kilt, what a treat that will be for those of us going to see the show :oops::LOL:

I have a bit of a nerdy fascination with ticket sales and it seems the only pros who sold out or nearly sold out this year are Giovanni and Johannes (no coincidence that they're the ones who made the final - having a decent celeb partner really does mean extra £££ in some cases). Not that others sold badly across the board, but I think some larger regional venues struggle a bit - effects of cost of living maybe?

Although I did assume Oti would be close to selling out most of her shows because she's so popular - not sure this bodes well for her touring in the future now she's not dancing on Strictly anymore

Edit: just noticed both Oti and the pro tour are in Cardiff tonight so maybe that's affected both their sales a bit. Impossible for even the most die hard of Strictly fans to be in 2 places at once 😆
Ah maybe thats why; they're both in cardiff.!! Silly me :ROFLMAO:

I guess it shows when push comes to shove people will choose seeing more pro's at once than one in particular.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if people are still a bit wary of going to shows with Covid still about. Some of the pro tour sales are not great either, not sure they needed two shows in Hull when neither have sold that well. I've seen a few people on Twitter who have moved nearer the front at pro tour because some people haven't shown up as well.

Neil in a kilt, what a treat that will be for those of us going to see the show :oops::LOL:
I wonder if tour producers got a bit carried away and thought everyone will be itching to buy loads of theatre tickets post-lockdown, but the 2022 reality turned out to be no one having any money 😩

Ah maybe thats why; they're both in cardiff.!! Silly me :ROFLMAO:

I guess it shows when push comes to shove people will choose seeing more pro's at once than one in particular.
I think the ticket prices are getting a bit restrictive as well … cheapest seems to be £30-40 for Oti and randomly checking the Sheffield date for the Pro Tour has ticket prices of £77, £80, £81, £88, and £143. I mean, I like ‘em well enough but not 143 quids worth. The tour numbers have become a bit bloated … be interesting to see how many there are after the next series when there’s even less spare cash around.

I wonder if tour producers got a bit carried away and thought everyone will be itching to buy loads of theatre tickets post-lockdown, but the 2022 reality turned out to be no one having any money 😩
How many of the current tours were carry overs from Before Covid when people already had the tickets does anyone know?

I think the ticket prices are getting a bit restrictive as well … cheapest seems to be £30-40 for Oti and randomly checking the Sheffield date for the Pro Tour has ticket prices of £77, £80, £81, £88, and £143. I mean, I like ‘em well enough but not 143 quids worth. The tour numbers have become a bit bloated … be interesting to see how many there are after the next series when there’s even less spare cash around.

How many of the current tours were carry overs from Before Covid when people already had the tickets does anyone know?
Last year the cheapest pro tour tickets in Glasgow were about £25. Just bought similar seats for £40 each 😩

I think all of them apart from arena tour were carried over, but with more dates added this year for a lot of them. Not sure about Johannes show though. That might be new?

Johannes’ tour seems to really have it’s own identity too- it stands out from what I’ve seen. Having seen the pics of Oti’s set/promo it doesn’t look that distinctive 🤷🏼‍♀️

Some of the others (Gio, Alijaz and Jeanette) are the format they have toured for a while but with tweaks. It’ll be interesting to see how A&J’s ‘Remembering’ tours fare with them both not pros on the main show… I seriously think that’s part of the appeal for Gio staying- a good profile boost for his solo tours the rest of the year.

Maybe Sheffield for the pro tour is more expensive due to the potential star-spotting opportunity to see Mr Daniel Walker in the audience supporting his Professional Partner Nadiya Bychcova 🤣

Reactions: 4
Johannes’ tour seems to really have it’s own identity too- it stands out from what I’ve seen. Having seen the pics of Oti’s set/promo it doesn’t look that distinctive 🤷🏼‍♀️

Some of the others (Gio, Alijaz and Jeanette) are the format they have toured for a while but with tweaks. It’ll be interesting to see how A&J’s ‘Remembering’ tours fare with them both not pros on the main show… I seriously think that’s part of the appeal for Gio staying- a good profile boost for his solo tours the rest of the year.

Maybe Sheffield for the pro tour is more expensive due to the potential star-spotting opportunity to see Mr Daniel Walker in the audience supporting his Professional Partner Nadiya Bychcova 🤣
Brendan’s Tour always did well, even after he’d left - but I guess he had about 15 years’ worth of fan base in the bank. Even Ian did well when he toured with Camilla and Natalie, but they were much smaller venues.

I guess the venues have 2 years’ worth of lost income to try and claw back … but it’s a balance between they want people to pay and what people are probably not even willing to pay, but able to pay - and I think that £143 might be over that tipping point for a lot of folk.

Reactions: 4

I think Oti's tour was meant to be two years ago, wasn't it?

I think the prices are really steep and will put a lot of people off. Apparently the pro tour still has loads of tickets left over so they're not doing too well either.

Reactions: 2
I don’t necessarily think we’ll get anymore Janette and Aljaz remembering tours or couple tours. She’s alluded to wanting a family and tour life isn’t necessarily a great environment to either bring a little one or be in the process of trying. Aljaz popping up on boys tours I can see continuing but after BTF reunion I could see Janette hanging up her touring shoes. That said I think they’d still do reasonably okay if they kept it a small tour and not the 30+ dates they’ve just done. Same with Giovanni he should be able to continue to see for the next few years because he’s Giovanni and has middle aged women lusting after him. Some of the others would struggle to see a tour after they leave unless they were part of a larger cast like a girls/boys type tour.

But these 30/40 date tours just seem like they’re going to be a thing of the past soon. They just don’t seem sustainable anymore from both a audience pov and from a cast pov. Yes they’re professionals and yes they’re “used” to long tour stints but it can’t be much fun living out of a suitcase and rarely seeing your own bed for weeks on end.

Even the current pro tour I don’t understand why it needs to be 35 dates for which ticket master is only showing limited/low availability on a handful. I’m pretty sure they could half it and it still be successful. I’m not sure they need two nights in Hull or three in Brighton. Personally apart from London I don’t think any of the venues need more than one night.

Oti was never going to sell that tour well. I remember when it was first announced and I looked at the prices for my nearest and they were considerably higher than some of the other pros tours. Yes the cheeper end were about the average for a theatre show at £35ish but these were the nosebleeds on the top balcony (this particular theatre had stalls, a dress circle, an upper circle and finally the balcony. For comparison I had (before it was cancelled) a ticket for viva la divas (think it was Katya/Janette/either luba or nadiya I can’t remember) my ticket was only around £35 and it was third or fourth row from the front. Think they had some for less nearer the back/at the top. Guessing it was different companies but it’s still shocking the price difference.

It was also announced In the pandemic when there was still a lot of uncertainty about what would happen in regards to theatre shows.

I don’t necessarily think we’ll get anymore Janette and Aljaz remembering tours or couple tours. She’s alluded to wanting a family and tour life isn’t necessarily a great environment to either bring a little one or be in the process of trying. Aljaz popping up on boys tours I can see continuing but after BTF reunion I could see Janette hanging up her touring shoes. That said I think they’d still do reasonably okay if they kept it a small tour and not the 30+ dates they’ve just done. Same with Giovanni he should be able to continue to see for the next few years because he’s Giovanni and has middle aged women lusting after him. Some of the others would struggle to see a tour after they leave unless they were part of a larger cast like a girls/boys type tour.

But these 30/40 date tours just seem like they’re going to be a thing of the past soon. They just don’t seem sustainable anymore from both a audience pov and from a cast pov. Yes they’re professionals and yes they’re “used” to long tour stints but it can’t be much fun living out of a suitcase and rarely seeing your own bed for weeks on end.

Even the current pro tour I don’t understand why it needs to be 35 dates for which ticket master is only showing limited/low availability on a handful. I’m pretty sure they could half it and it still be successful. I’m not sure they need two nights in Hull or three in Brighton. Personally apart from London I don’t think any of the venues need more than one night.

Oti was never going to sell that tour well. I remember when it was first announced and I looked at the prices for my nearest and they were considerably higher than some of the other pros tours. Yes the cheeper end were about the average for a theatre show at £35ish but these were the nosebleeds on the top balcony (this particular theatre had stalls, a dress circle, an upper circle and finally the balcony. For comparison I had (before it was cancelled) a ticket for viva la divas (think it was Katya/Janette/either luba or nadiya I can’t remember) my ticket was only around £35 and it was third or fourth row from the front. Think they had some for less nearer the back/at the top. Guessing it was different companies but it’s still shocking the price difference.

It was also announced In the pandemic when there was still a lot of uncertainty about what would happen in regards to theatre shows.
Well if they mean it Aljaz and janette need to get a move on, janette is 40 this year isn't she.

Reactions: 1
The touring market is over saturated, I reckon most pros are better off doing tours in duos/trios or larger groups. Pre COVID 2020 was the worst example. Nothing against Graziano but at that point, he'd only been in two seasons, was in troupe for one of them and danced with a celeb in the other for only 5 weeks. Yet he had his own tour and I honestly wonder how he and his management were expecting big ticket sales.

I'm guessing some of the pros are kinda strong-armed into touring as much as possible by their managers and TPTB at Strictly. It doesn't sound enjoyable to do three of them a year. be living out of a suitcase for 4-6 weeks a time and constantly travelling.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.