Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pleased for Fleur that she made it through but sad that she faced a 3rd DO. Of the 9 DOs this series she and Molly have been in six of them! :oops:
I guess it's unlikely we'll escape a fourth for each of them next week, unless Kym comes back..

Reactions: 19
I have something in my eye lol

This traitors thing they are pushing is like the kids show Trapped!
Incidentally, the fella that plays the caretaker in Trapped is also the voice of Captain Barnacles in Octonaughts and also the Meerkats from compare the market..
Tedious link there lol...
Simon Greenall?

Back to the footy and time for me to put my boys to bed 👋👋

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really liked the 30 minute show. It meant we didn't get the waffle from the judges on who they were going to save - particularly Anton.

Reactions: 17
Pleased for Fleur that she made it through but sad that she faced a 3rd DO. Of the 9 DOs this series she and Molly have been in six of them! :oops:
I guess it's unlikely we'll escape a fourth for each of them next week, unless Kym comes back..
I really feel for Fleur. It’s harsh as hell, particularly as she’s one of the best dancers left and has been pretty consistently good from the beginning.
I genuinely GENUINELY don’t understand the problem some people appear to have with her. She seems like a perfectly nice woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
arguably, tilly was.

i think it’s a slippery slope if we get into that sort of thing tbh: as we move forward in strictly we’re only going to get more youtubers and reality tv celebrities rather than people have excelled in individual careers. i think the pros can only take the contestant as presented to them and not get too snooty about it.

agree that jamie and karen were definitely a better energy match, but from both sides. she mellowed him out but i would argue that he also loosened her up a bit. they also still seem to be decent friends.
I forgot about Tilly!!!

JoJo made it for Ellie, thats what Richie wanted and never got from Gio.
I was thinking about Richie during Ellie’s speech. Johannes had an iconic partnership last year but there wasn’t a single moment where it felt like Ellie was standing in John’s shadow or that Johannes wasn’t giving her his all. It’s a shame Richie didn’t get the same from Giovanni.

Also my sense of time is all wrong after Strictly being on so early. It feels like it should be at least an hour later.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I really feel for Fleur. It’s harsh as hell, particularly as she’s one of the best dancers left and has been pretty consistently good from the beginning.
I genuinely GENUINELY don’t understand the problem some people appear to have with her. She seems like a perfectly nice woman.
Fleur had a good attitude to her third dance off. She didn't seem to take it personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
that is a crazy stat when you consider how genuinely good they both are (terrible grange hill number aside).

i wish they would have announced molly and carlos first tonight so they could have properly enjoyed it.

Reactions: 19
I guess at a certain point she has to do a Jamelia and be like 'I guess the public just doesn't like me much'. Her and Molly. Vito seems more popular than Fleur, but not enough to get people to vote for them :cautious:

Link to the licking! (Please put Vito and Karen together for a pro rumba!)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Fleur had a good attitude to her third dance off. She didn't seem to take it personally.
She must know she isn’t in the dance off purely because of her dancing. I can’t see how she wouldn’t take it personally.
It’s a shame, but I guess it is what it is.

Reactions: 4
Johannes is truly a beautiful soul. I think the way everyone speaks so highly of him says it all tbh. I don’t get the issue with him apparently outdancing his celebs, to me it seems like he might be doing that to mask any weaknesses they have which is what pros have done since the show began. Ellie was a fantastic contestant and really threw herself into the whole thing and seemed to enjoy every second. It was definitely their time to go but i’ll miss them 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm glad there was no mucking about from the judges.

Fleur to stay boom boom boom boom.

I hope Fleur knows how many people are rooting for her

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Goodness, just bawled my eyes out at Ellie's speech ❤. Thank god they didn't cut any of that for time

But they should definitely cut out the judges section more often

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She must know she isn’t in the dance off purely because of her dancing. I can’t see how she wouldn’t take it personally.
It’s a shame, but I guess it is what it is.
But I think that some celebs might see being in the dance off as a reflection of how they are like as a person, especially if it happens more than once.

I guess at a certain point she has to do a Jamelia and be like 'I guess the public just doesn't like me much'. Her and Molly. Vito seems more popular than Fleur, but not enough to get people to vote for them :cautious:

Link to the licking! (Please put Vito and Karen together for a pro rumba!)
I felt so sorry for Molly. Usual protocol dictates that if you were in the DO the previous week but had escaped this time you are called if not first then in the first batch … not left to the end looking like you want to be sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Johannes is truly a beautiful soul. I think the way everyone speaks so highly of him says it all tbh. I don’t get the issue with him apparently outdancing his celebs, to me it seems like he might be doing that to mask any weaknesses they have which is what pros have done since the show began. Ellie was a fantastic contestant and really threw herself into the whole thing and seemed to enjoy every second. It was definitely their time to go but i’ll miss them 🥲
A beautiful soul, exactly - he just makes me smile, he is so lovely.
He and Ellie were really well matched with a sense of fun and humour in everything they did. I loved all their ITT interviews too.

I have yet to watch the results show but I loved what she said last night about not being able to do the dance she had just done, ten weeks ago. What a great attitude.

She took some harsh criticism and marks at times but bounced back every time. She got to dance with beautiful Johannes, she can leave happy with how she participated in the show.
She seems like a lovely person too.

It was time to go but they will definitely be missed.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I felt so sorry for Molly. Usual protocol dictates that if you were in the DO the previous week but had escaped this time you are called if not first then in the first batch … not left to the end looking like you want to be sick.
I'm dreading next week really, as presumably one of them will leave. Nothing against the others - even Mardy - but I'd love for *some* sense of jeopardy to be introduced, not just 'which of Molly and Fleur will be in the DO this week?'

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.