Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm kinda ready to skip to the final and get this one over and done with now - the WC is screwing up the schedules and it's never that interesting in Musicals Week with only 6 celebs.

Reactions: 5
I'm kinda ready to skip to the final and get this one over and done with now - the WC is screwing up the schedules and it's never that interesting in Musicals Week with only 6 celebs.
I think I'm ready for it to be done because it just feels so meh this year and I think the early high scores played a part in that. Some early dances did deserve high scores but after they got the first one it was like the scores weren't allowed dip back down again for dances that weren't great. It makes it feel like everyone is on the same level when they clearly aren't. The scoring hasn't been great at all this year.

Reactions: 16
I think I'm ready for it to be done because it just feels so meh this year and I think the early high scores played a part in that. Some early dances did deserve high scores but after they got the first one it was like the scores weren't allowed dip back down again for dances that weren't great. It makes it feel like everyone is on the same level when they clearly aren't. The scoring hasn't been great at all this year.
It really has just been such a meh series with bizarre scoring. I missed last night's show and will also miss the next show on Friday and frankly I don't feel that sad about it. I've given the show a lot of chances over the last few years to improve on the scoring/production/casting and they haven't - I'm giving them next year to change it and if they don't, then 2023 will likely be my last Strictly.

Reactions: 6
Aw Ellie and JoJo 🥰. It’s weird, they just came up the outside lane, quietly getting better while the focus was on others. I genuinely think they’ll be friends for life.

I was looking at her outfit while they were talking, it was absolutely howling. The split in her skirt was at two different lengths and it looked like a cut off of Helen’s samba dress.

Reactions: 17
It really has just been such a meh series with bizarre scoring. I missed last night's show and will also miss the next show on Friday and frankly I don't feel that sad about it. I've given the show a lot of chances over the last few years to improve on the scoring/production/casting and they haven't - I'm giving them next year to change it and if they don't, then 2023 will likely be my last Strictly.
I think I watched three or four results shows this year and I haven't watched any more. I just watched tonight's pro dance on youtube and all I can say is I feel like the pro's are being wasted. Too many of the pro dances are that style now and a lot of the pro's don't suit it because they're not trained in it. If what is being said about Jason Gilkinson's input is true I'd be surprised if the pro's are even allowed to choreograph a full routine without him sticking his oar in. It's become too over-produced now and it's not working.

Reactions: 6
Shirley not taking any grief about the scoring
Shirley Ballas

@ShirleyBallas

No dear this is what happens WHEN YOU DONT VOTE. Full stop the end. Enjoy the rest of the show.

UCRJsGhY_normal.jpg

Eoghan O Brien

@EoghanO77778368
·
1h
Replying to @bbcstrictly
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU OVERMARK WILL MELLOR AND HAMZA YASSIN AND YOU UNDERMARK MOLLY RAINFORD AND FLEUR EAST!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So just a wee reminder the QF is on at 8pm on Friday 2 December and according to the Sky planner, the results are on at 5.40pm on Saturday 3 December (before the football)

Both shows BBC1

Reactions: 9
Poor Molly, you could almost see her heart pounding, she was sure they were in the dance off again.

Delighted for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Shirley not taking any grief about the scoring
Shirley Ballas
@ShirleyBallas

No dear this is what happens WHEN YOU DONT VOTE. Full stop the end. Enjoy the rest of the show.

View attachment 1764766

Eoghan O Brien

@EoghanO77778368
·
1h
Replying to @bbcstrictly
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU OVERMARK WILL MELLOR AND HAMZA YASSIN AND YOU UNDERMARK MOLLY RAINFORD AND FLEUR EAST!
She wouldn't though, that's the kind of answer I'd expect from any of the judges.

Reactions: 1
I felt so sorry for Molly. Usual protocol dictates that if you were in the DO the previous week but had escaped this time you are called if not first then in the first batch … not left to the end looking like you want to be sick.
I thought it was so cruel

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Aw Ellie and JoJo 🥰. It’s weird, they just came up the outside lane, quietly getting better while the focus was on others. I genuinely think they’ll be friends for life.

I was looking at her outfit while they were talking, it was absolutely howling. The split in her skirt was at two different lengths and it looked like a cut off of Helen’s samba dress.
If I was going to be a conspiracy theorist (because Strictly attracts a surprising number of conspiracy theorists) I’d say that production were trying to push Ellie into a bit of a comedy act role/we don’t care about her succeeding role and in order to do that to a gorgeous former model, you have to bring out Vicky Gill’s worst crimes against fabric.

Reactions: 11
So just a wee reminder the QF is on at 8pm on Friday 2 December and according to the Sky planner, the results are on at 5.40pm on Saturday 3 December (before the football)

Both shows BBC1
Thanks Lenny. It looks like I won’t be able to vote on Friday. I’ll watch on catch up once am back at the hotel.

I don't know why Shirley is getting involved with random fans on Twitter who didn't even tag her. Don't do a Jayde!

Will be interesting to see who of Fleur or Molly gets the better dance draw this week: (from DS):
Fleur and Vito have: Foxtrot, Quickstep, Tango / Charleston, Paso Doble
Molly and Carlos have: American Smooth, Viennese Waltz / Charleston, Paso Doble, Salsa

I'm gonna say Fleur = Quickstep, and Molly Charleston.

Reactions: 3

Both shows BBC1
Thanks Lenny!!

Poor Molly, you could almost see her heart pounding, she was sure they were in the dance off again.

Delighted for them.
It seemed particularly cruel to not call her first!! She looked ill!

Reactions: 7
I don't know why Shirley is getting involved with random fans on Twitter who didn't even tag her. Don't do a Jayde!

Will be interesting to see who of Fleur or Molly gets the better dance draw this week: (from DS):
Molly and Carlos have: American Smooth, Viennese Waltz / Charleston, Paso Doble, Salsa

oooo! i worry for molly with a charleston as her ccc was already so charleston inspired and the coolness of that theming is already gone for her.

my preference would be fleur foxtrot and molly american smooth but who knows 🧐

Reactions: 3

Hasn't Molly already done a Charleston?? Or am I confused...

Hasn't Molly already done a Charleston?? Or am I confused...
her cha cha cha was VERY charleston with a cool sort of flapper 1920s theme so you’re probably thinking of that (i did the same!)

that’s the only reason that i think they won’t give her a charleston, unless they want to be mean 🤣

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.