Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder why Fleur and Molly aren’t resonating with the public… and why Alexandra Burke didn’t either… what could they possibly have in common???

Alexandra should have won her year with that jive alone, no offence Joe & Katya. But she Woz robbed!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was asked yesterday to explain myself, but I thought I would wait till today. My original comment was that the BBC was woke. Most of those who quoted my post disagreed, using words such as outdated, sinister and conspiracy theory. It was hinted at that there was no agenda when choosing celebrities. Rather than me trying to explain my thoughts, I googled ‘Is the BBC woke’. I have screenshotted some paragraphs of an interview from a journalist who worked for the corporation. He says what I believe so much better. I promise to say no more on the subject, unless requested.

Attachments

[

I wonder why Fleur and Molly aren’t resonating with the public… and why Alexandra Burke didn’t either… what could they possibly have in common???

Alexandra should have won her year with that jive alone, no offence Joe & Katya. But she Woz robbed!

Alexandra should 100% have been Gorka's winner but it'll probably be Helen, who is dull and looks uncomfortable in most of her dances. Says it all.

I was asked yesterday to explain myself, but I thought I would wait till today. My original comment was that the BBC was woke. Most of those who quoted my post disagreed, using words such as outdated, sinister and conspiracy theory. It was hinted at that there was no agenda when choosing celebrities. Rather than me trying to explain my thoughts, I googled ‘Is the BBC woke’. I have screenshotted some paragraphs of an interview from a journalist who worked for the corporation. He says what I believe so much better.

'"

Sorry but all I'm seeing is "boo hoo, why do we have to represent people that aren't like me?!"

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was asked yesterday to explain myself, but I thought I would wait till today. My original comment was that the BBC was woke. Most of those who quoted my post disagreed, using words such as outdated, sinister and conspiracy theory. It was hinted at that there was no agenda when choosing celebrities. Rather than me trying to explain my thoughts, I googled ‘Is the BBC woke’. I have screenshotted some paragraphs of an interview from a journalist who worked for the corporation. He says what I believe so much better. I promise to say no more on the subject, unless requested.
honestly, with kindness, i think you might be better off setting up an is the bbc woke or are we absorbed in the agenda thread. like filly says above, this just gets dangerously into why do we have to have people who do not represent me territory rather than the more obvious explanation that the bbc are just trying to select a more mixed or inclusive cast. some disappointing viewpoints on this thread over the past day, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It really says it all that if Hamza, Molly or Fleur win, so many people think it's an agenda because of them not happening to be white. Completely disregards any merit, personality or abilities they have which sounds pretty bigoted to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m howling that when some Tattlers were waxing lyrical about Molly’s ‘hot dad’, other Tattlers were thinking ‘Really? The deceased Eggheads guy?!’ 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It really says it all that if Hamza, Molly or Fleur win, so many people think it's an agenda because of them not happening to be white. Completely disregards any merit, personality or abilities they have which sounds pretty bigoted to me.
the whole woke agenda thing only seeks to downplay and invalidate the achievement and inclusion of minorities tbh. it’s like the amount of complaints sainsbury’s had about their christmas advert last year. everyone fell over themselves to yell woke!! and missed that the advert was about a happy and loving family who just so happened to be mixed race. the actors were getting hate and all sorts.

it’s a real shame that it seems to be infiltrating strictly and this thread, when the show has always made a solid effort to be inclusive.

Happy 1 year to my favourite strictly moment ever!!!!

View attachment 1765994
this was a year ago?! it seems like yesterday - but then i do replay it in my head most nights 🤣🔥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I just don't even understand what the people who criticise SCD for being 'woke' want. Are they saying they are casting disabled people or POC who aren't good enough? The year after Rose won? I could name 200 shite non-POC contestants.. I think it's one thing to bang abstractly on about 'wokery' but another when we get to the concrete details: do people think Ellie S. shouldn't have competed this year? or Rose last year? do you think there are too many black people on Strictly? if so, say that.

If Hamza wins it'll be because people warmed to his unusual background, and he also had the surprise element - he 'looked like' someone who couldn't dance because he was bigger (and I was totally guilty of thinking that), then came out and was pretty good! And there will be two white straight people in the final for balance!

On another note, apparently there will be an update on Kym and Graz on Morning Live this am. ETA: Gethin just said something about Kym being back in the rehearsal room, which is good.

Last edited:
  • Heart
honestly, with kindness, i think you might be better off setting up an is the bbc woke or are we absorbed in the agenda thread. like filly says above, this just gets dangerously into why do we have to have people who do not represent me territory rather than the more obvious explanation that the bbc are just trying to select a more mixed or inclusive cast. some disappointing viewpoints on this thread over the past day, sadly.
I’ll take your advice, I’ll open a thread.

Reactions: 1
Ffs if people find Strictly ticking too many boxes and it upsets them, just don't watch the show.

Yes its obvious tries hard to be inclusive to represent many from society - black, gay, disabled, older person - is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. Are Strictly manipulating to get minority winners? No. They do manipulate to get the winner they want regardless of what box that human ticks

Just fecking vote for who you want whatever your reason is and enjoy the show.

Ps I much preferred the early results show - over and done rather than waiting the whole evening, primetime for a dragged out show.

Reactions: 19
I for one am shocked that a very right wing, libertarian site is anti-bbc 🤣🙄. All Strictly is doing is trying to be representative of the world around us and as inclusive as possible. Hardly a massive conspiracy. I wonder why this winds some people up so much?

Anyway, anyone else hoping they might tells us the songs a day early this week, see as the show is a day early

Ffs if people find Strictly ticking too many boxes and it upsets them, just don't watch the show.

Yes its obvious tries hard to be inclusive to represent many from society - black, gay, disabled, older person - is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. Are Strictly manipulating to get minority winners? No. They do manipulate to get the winner they want regardless of what box that human ticks

Just fecking vote for who you want whatever your reason is and enjoy the show.

Ps I much preferred the early results show - over and done rather than waiting the whole evening, primetime for a dragged out show.
For me, series 3 was when it was absolutely obvious that they wanted a male celeb to win … the entire narrative of that series was how it’s harder for men, especially big strong sportsmen from Yorkshire who would rather drink pints than this dancing malarkey. Len honked ‘sportsman’ like a nervous tic. I don’t think there was anything else behind it than they didn’t want to alienate half of their contestant pool by thinking they didn’t stand a chance (Similar to a push for a female winner in series 16 after 3 male celeb wins).

Of course, they did which a good job, by series 5 they were breathed a sigh of relief when a woman could still win.

so, yeah, I think if anything it’s the male/female balance split of the winners that can bring on the collywobbles, not who the male/females actually are.

Reactions: 2
Are people trying to say there are too many people with disabilities on Strictly or too many black people? Only a third of the contestants on Strictly this year are black. We're supposed to teach children now to be more inclusive of people, that's why, for example, sen kids are encouraged to join a mainstream school/ preschools. It stops that "us and them" way of thinking. Inclusivity only helps us all to learn.

Reactions: 12
I for one am shocked that a very right wing, libertarian site is anti-bbc 🤣🙄. All Strictly is doing is trying to be representative of the world around us and as inclusive as possible. Hardly a massive conspiracy. I wonder why this winds some people up so much?

Anyway, anyone else hoping they might tells us the songs a day early this week, see as the show is a day early
Are they waiting for Kym?
Has anything been said about if she is clear and back?

Jowita's ex Michael has been announced as the new pro on Dancing with the Stars in Ireland.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.