Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are people trying to say there are too many people with disabilities on Strictly or too many black people? Only a third of the contestants on Strictly this year are black. We're supposed to teach children now to be more inclusive of people, that's why, for example, sen kids are encouraged to join a mainstream school/ preschools. It stops that "us and them" way of thinking. Inclusivity only helps us all to learn.
I don’t know … right back to series one, Strictly has its celeb casting slots that it likes filled (ex-sportsperson, Eastender, BBC presenter, ex-other-soap, other presenter, comedian …) as the cast grew you get slots doubled up and the occasional outlier but mainly it’s fairly predictable. To me, I think they are just trying to put together a well rounded cast of personalities and abilities to appeal to as many people as possible, from those who are prepared to sign up for the show 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ps I much preferred the early results show - over and done rather than waiting the whole evening, primetime for a dragged out show.
Me too. None of the “judges corner” shite where they say either the exact same thing they did the night before or the complete opposite and nothing in between.

Reactions: 8
amazing that, after a fairly nuanced conversation about racism here yesterday, someone came in, literally typed that nonsense and hit “post reply”.

op please come back and explain it. i would love to hear the reasoning.
I imagine it's because her hair's blonde. Because they can read her mind, obviously, and know that internalized racism is definitely the only reason any mixed race person could ever dye their hair. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
I imagine it's because her hair's blonde. Because they can read her mind, obviously, and know that internalized racism is definitely the only reason any mixed race person could ever dye their hair. :rolleyes:
IKR. Fleur and Hamza have been criticised for having natural hair that is 'too wild' or unkempt. Molly for having 'white hair'. It's almost as if they can't win!

Kym is testing negative and looking forward to being back. No word on whether they're doing their CC. Sounds like she and Graz haven't met up yet. Poor Kym: her dad was rushed to hospital this week too.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
IKR. Fleur and Hamza have been criticised for having natural hair that is 'too wild' or unkempt. Molly for having 'white hair'. It's almost as if they can't win!

Kym is testing negative and looking forward to being back. No word on whether they're doing their CC. Sounds like she and Graz haven't met up yet. Poor Kym: her dad was rushed to hospital this week too.

Oh dear. I really feel for her.
And people wondered why she would do tests in the first place 🙇‍♀️

With the fact they haven’t started training yet, and they are day light because of the show on Friday, I wonder If she will be allowed to carry her CC across?

edit … possibly not. Keep forgetting it s Musicals week.

Reactions: 4
With the fact they haven’t started training yet, and they are day light because of the show on Friday, I wonder If she will be allowed to carry her CC across?
It's Musicals week, and she's dancing to a Chaka Khan song, not sure how they could shimmy it in...not like Judi last year where they just gave her Keep Fit zombies to transfer her dance over to Halloween.

They could just say someone's releasing a jukebox musical with her songs in it next year, it's a Strictly Exclusive, you heard it here first. Then two days after the show...whoops, its been cancelled, oh dear, no Chaka Khan musical after all...

Or can they find some song from a Musical with the same rhythm/tempo and wedge it in that way?

Reactions: 2
It's Musicals week, and she's dancing to a Chaka Khan song, not sure how they could shimmy it in...not like Judi last year where they just gave her Keep Fit zombies to transfer her dance over to Halloween.

They could just say someone's releasing a jukebox musical with her songs in it next year, it's a Strictly Exclusive, you heard it here first. Then two days after the show...whoops, its been cancelled, oh dear, no Chaka Khan musical after all...

Or can they find some song from a Musical with the same rhythm/tempo and wedge it in that way?
Kym has the following left: Foxtrot, Tango, Waltz / Cha-Cha-Cha, Salsa /(Couple's Choice). If they don't want her to do the original CC I imagine Graz can just whip up a simple waltz for her which might go down well.

Reactions: 1
I always find the ‘woke agenda’ with strictly funny- if you take the disabled contestants as an example, all but JJ, Rose and Katie have been athletes, so without any manipulation are likely to have a good skill set for the show and get a decent way in. But if it was all fixed to be woke, why wouldn’t we have had more disabled winners/finalists? Instead they have all had a mixed set of results, just like the general population of contestants.

Reactions: 11

Its the week for a nice waltz.

I always find the ‘woke agenda’ with strictly funny- if you take the disabled contestants as an example, all but JJ, Rose and Katie have been athletes, so without any manipulation are likely to have a good skill set for the show and get a decent way in. But if it was all fixed to be woke, why wouldn’t we have had more disabled winners/finalists? Instead they have all had a mixed set of results, just like the general population of contestants.
You can count JJ as an athlete as well … he won a cycling medal the the Invictus games.

Last edited:
Are people trying to say there are too many people with disabilities on Strictly or too many black people? Only a third of the contestants on Strictly this year are black. We're supposed to teach children now to be more inclusive of people, that's why, for example, sen kids are encouraged to join a mainstream school/ preschools. It stops that "us and them" way of thinking. Inclusivity only helps us all to learn.
That's somewhat true, schools budgets are increased massively if sen children are on the register, doesn't necessarily mean it's the best placement for them to have all their needs met but in the context of what you are saying with regards to Strictly, inclusion is absolutely essential. 💯 and imo Strictly do it very well with the celebs they book to appear.

You can count JJ as an athlete as well … he won a cycling medal the the Invictus games.
Plus ex military!

As soon as I posted that I thought ‘ooh is JJ actually an athlete too?’! There’s also a wider discussion about disability representation on TV etc is still quite poor, and access to acting etc as a disabled person.

Reactions: 7
I was asked yesterday to explain myself, but I thought I would wait till today. My original comment was that the BBC was woke. Most of those who quoted my post disagreed, using words such as outdated, sinister and conspiracy theory. It was hinted at that there was no agenda when choosing celebrities. Rather than me trying to explain my thoughts, I googled ‘Is the BBC woke’. I have screenshotted some paragraphs of an interview from a journalist who worked for the corporation. He says what I believe so much better. I promise to say no more on the subject, unless requested.
That's not what you said, you said that the minority contestants were being marked more leniently because they were minorities. Of course the BBC aims to have more diversity on their programs than they did 20 or 30 years ago, and I can't see any reason other than bigotry for complaining about that. Casting people who wouldn't have been considered in the past because there was already one minority in the cast is not unfair towards non-minority contestants, it's equal for everybody. Now if they actually were trying to rig it for a minority contestant to win because they think it'll bring them good publicity... well you still wouldn't have a point because they push narratives on everyone.

You could argue that last year they 'planned' to have a disabled contestant win to bring them publicity, as surely during the casting process it would have been clear Rose had a good chance of winning. Would it have been 'fairer' to everyone else to not cast her at all because it was 'too obvious' she'd win? She's still the one who learned the dances and won over the public. Same thing this year, assuming Hamza wins. I imagine whoever was involved in the audition process knew he wasn't a duffer, and could see that he had the sort of personality that had the potential to make him popular with the viewers. Should the response to a celeb who 'ticks a box' and who appears to be a contender to win be 'oh dear, better not cast them, it might make some people think we're trying too hard to be woke?'

Why is it that whenever a straight, white, abled etc person achieves something no one questions it, it's just normal, but anyone else does the same thing, they must have had it handed to them just because people were scared of getting canceled/wanted to prove how progressive they are/felt sorry for them/were forced to by pesky non-discrimination laws etc? :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hmm. I really need to have a word with my daughter. Naturally her hair is like Fleur’s, but in it’s time it’s been straight, wavy, black, blonde and most alarmingly, pink. God only knows what was going on there. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Desperate tactics from Fleur’s radio co-host James here, but I’m not mad about it! Having said that, after the tanning pics, is there much left to see??!
1669635085434.png

1669635141302.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.