Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This just came up in my suggested posts. Damn Shirl’s still got it!
she definitely still has!

i wish we saw more of her actually dancing tbh - the brief moments we’ve had in group routines aren’t enough. she’s just got it regardless of my feelings about her as a judge sometimes 👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 12
Karen is incredibly zen and chilled out - Jamie biscuits is ridiculously privileged and I think would annoy most other professionals who are used to to dealing with people who have excelled in their own careers on their own merits. Which other nepotism babies have we had? I’m struggling to think of another person who was famous just because their parents were rich.
arguably, tilly was.

i think it’s a slippery slope if we get into that sort of thing tbh: as we move forward in strictly we’re only going to get more youtubers and reality tv celebrities rather than people have excelled in individual careers. i think the pros can only take the contestant as presented to them and not get too snooty about it.

agree that jamie and karen were definitely a better energy match, but from both sides. she mellowed him out but i would argue that he also loosened her up a bit. they also still seem to be decent friends.

Reactions: 9
she definitely still has!

i wish we saw more of her actually dancing tbh - the brief moments we’ve had in group routines aren’t enough. she’s just got it regardless of my feelings about her as a judge sometimes 👏🏻👏🏻
Yeah, she annoyed me last night with her comments to Jowita but she's a legend for a reason.

Reactions: 6

This just came up in my suggested posts. Damn Shirl’s still got it!
Very talented lady, and I guess if it’s in you, it stays in you! I wish she was a fairer Judge - you can see why she got the Head Judge role but she lets herself down by being a mean girl to certain pros and contestants

Reactions: 12
I get that Shirley had legend status when she was a dancer but I swear she has something against some of the female pros for being good dancers or for getting to dance with the young male celebs. That whole thing tonight was bananas, I'd love to know what the pro dancers thought of that.
Also when she asked Jowita to come forward it was unexpected and pro and celeb would be nervous of wtf is going on
she could have said "jowita I want to congratulate you, please step forward" but our Shirley enjoyed the power of putting the couple being in an unknown situation and firmly telling Hamza she wants to speak to Jowita first

Reactions: 8
Half an hour ago Gorka was cooking in the kitchen at home. He better get a wriggle on to get back down south for the results show at 6pm 😉🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Half an hour ago Gorka was cooking in the kitchen at home. He better get a wriggle on to get back down south for the results show at 6pm 😉🤭
They had an advert on before the football and it was a clip of Tess about to say the first couple through…I don’t watch the BBC that much so they maybe do it every Sunday but that was the first time I’ve seen them acknowledge the fact it’s pre-recorded

Reactions: 4
Someone pointed this out on Twitter and I didnt realise it but it seems like they don't namecheck the singers any more. Real shame, disrespectful.
Whispers "it's a good thing, might save their careers outside strictly!"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also when she asked Jowita to come forward it was unexpected and pro and celeb would be nervous of wtf is going on
she could have said "jowita I want to congratulate you, please step forward" but our Shirley enjoyed the power of putting the couple being in an unknown situation and firmly telling Hamza she wants to speak to Jowita first
Yes and it came across as patronising, step forward little girl kind of thing. And then it was to finish up by saying that Hamza leads so well. 🤷

Wow, great clip of her dancing with Gio. It's a shame she lets herself down as a judge with the way she picks on certain women every year, and drools over certain men.

Because when she stops doing that and actually explains her feedback, (sometimes with weird little shoes but mostly not 😁) and what she is looking for, it's interesting especially for the likes of me who knows very little about dancing. It's obvious that she knows her stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes and it came across as patronising, step forward little girl kind of thing. And then it was to finish up by saying that Hamza leads so well. 🤷

Wow, great clip of her dancing with Gio. It's a shame she lets herself down as a judge with the way she picks on certain women every year, and drools over certain men.

Because when she stops doing that and actually explains her feedback, (sometimes with weird little shoes but mostly not 😁) and what she is looking for, it's interesting especially for the likes of me who knows very little about dancing. It's obvious that she knows her stuff.
same! i really love when she actually breaks it down and says what she’s looking for - it’s always done in a clear way (even with creepy doll shoes) and i get that she’s probably a great teacher. she completely backs it all up with her own ability too, but like you say just lets herself down sometimes.

the jowita thing was so strange. i watched it again this afternoon with my mother and jowita looks so taken by surprise. she could have given that praise without the weird “please step forward, no, towards me, closer to me” stuff. it made the vibe of what she was saying so ick.

Reactions: 8
Christ I’m so confused I just thought I’d check what time the results in on as I swear I normally miss it because of bath and bedtime and it’s on now??? Have I lost the plot?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.