Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! I haven’t seen CT for years but he’s so funny. If he signed up for this year’s series, who would you like to see him paired with?
Probably Jowita due to height plus he'd be a fun debut partner for her (and as an ex Irish dancer, might have a bit of ability).

Reactions: 3
I was saying the other day that I'd like to see Brendan on there! He'd be very funny. I would put him with a fun pro who's up for anything like Karen. He might like to dance with a guy though, in which case I'd say Nikita or Gorka.

Reactions: 2
Kai is going to be known as the curtain wiper for sure now.
Also, I didn’t know Giovanni, Jake Leigh, John and Karen Hauer all smoke. I smoke too so no beef intended but I’m shocked!

Reactions: 1
Also, I didn’t know Giovanni, Jake Leigh, John and Karen Hauer all smoke. I smoke too so no beef intended but I’m shocked!
I think Aljaz smokes too

Considering how much John and Karen are particularly into their fitness its surprising really

I don’t think Kai is curtain wiper material. It’s a term for a guy who basically shoots his load, wipes his knob and goes. It’s specific to Giovanni though so legally is trademarked as such 😁
I think Kai might be the nice guy who asks for your number afterwards... maybe I might find out if I continue to defend him online 😻😻 I’ll live in hope eh 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t think Kai is curtain wiper material. It’s a term for a guy who basically shoots his load, wipes his knob and goes. It’s specific to Giovanni though so legally is trademarked as such 😁
I think Kai might be the nice guy who asks for your number afterwards... maybe I might find out if I continue to defend him online 😻😻 I’ll live in hope eh 🙃
Oh yes, he’d be funny and gentlemanly with it.
‘Everybody loves a funny guy’
I’ll defend him anyway :)

Every time I see a pap pic of him he’s got a cigarette in hand. Pretty sure that quite a lot of the pros smoke, must be the stress😂
Isn't it weird to think that they look so elegant on the telly and yet as they're going round doing their fleckls, they probably stink like an ash tray.

Reactions: 9
Isn't it weird to think that they look so elegant on the telly and yet as they're going round doing their fleckls, they probably stink like an ash tray.
It’s such a strange thing to see presumably the healthiest people with the unhealthiest habit. I wonder with people who smoke if they truly think nothing will happen to them.

Reactions: 4
It’s such a strange thing to see presumably the healthiest people with the unhealthiest habit. I wonder with people who smoke if they truly think nothing will happen to them.
I was a smoker and there is definitely a sense of denial there. I used to do a lot of fitness thinking that it would cancel it out (why?!) I remember doing a lot of healthy long walks with a fag in my hand.🤦‍♀️

With the smoker Strictly pros, aside from the smell, I can't imagine them ever feeling truly great. Especially on those early morning starts.

I was a smoker and there is definitely a sense of denial there. I used to do a lot of fitness thinking that it would cancel it out (why?!) I remember doing a lot of healthy long walks with a fag in my hand.🤦‍♀️

With the smoker Strictly pros, aside from the smell, I can't imagine them ever feeling truly great. Especially on those early morning starts.
It’s weird isn’t it? I wonder if sometimes it’s an appetite suppressant?
If I was a celeb on there I’d have to have it specified to have a non smoker, as fag breath makes feel nauseous.

Ballet dancers used to smoke to stay slim so it doesn’t surprise me really. I am a bit disappointed though especially in Karen given how focused she is on fitness and healthy eating, but this my explain why her voice sounds so rough sometimes. It’s still really disappointing though especially as this generation of pros are looked up to more than previous because they’ve such a presence on socials and seem to come on tv more than they used to.

I know that some dancers smoke as an appetite surpressant. The likes of James Jordan smoked in the earlier days.

I wonder how many of them don't.

I am sure weight is a massive issue all round. Smoking is a horrible but effective way to suppress it. Someone like Gio doesn't seem to work out that much (compared to others like Gorka and Katya) but smokes..

Dan has made a nice post about the tour, saying he is looking forward to seeing it with his family, perhaps as a subtle reminder that he is not going to pick Nadiya up for hot date afterwards, despite what the Fail hints.

I am sure weight is a massive issue all round. Smoking is a horrible but effective way to suppress it. Someone like Gio doesn't seem to work out that much (compared to others like Gorka and Katya) but smokes..

Dan has made a nice post about the tour, saying he is looking forward to seeing it with his family, perhaps as a subtle reminder that he is not going to pick Nadiya up for hot date afterwards, despite what the Fail hints.

I notice Kai’s rep has firmly put down the rumours there as well. ( in the express article more than the DM one). He’s trying to avoid awkward questions at the press conference!

Not to put a downer on this thread, but working in oncology, I’ve found that so many people take those ‘after this many hours your oxygen levels are back to normal, after this many weeks your whatever has halved’ facts too literally. I’ve lost track of the number of very sick people who’ve said “Well I smoked 40 a day but I stopped ten years ago so I should be clear by now, the leaflet said I wouldn’t get cancer”. It’s very sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Not to put a downer on this thread, but working in oncology, I’ve found that so many people take those ‘after this many hours your oxygen levels are back to normal, after this many weeks your whatever has halved’ facts too literally. I’ve lost track of the number of very sick people who’ve said “Well I smoked 40 a day but I stopped ten years ago so I should be clear by now, the leaflet said I wouldn’t get cancer”. It’s very sad.
That's dreadful. Smoking really is such an awful, destructive habit. I know I wish I never did it.

• Heart
I believe that if my mum had it now rather than the late 90s she’d have had a much better chance of survival but it still kills too many people. It’s highly addictive but also so expensive and I wouldn’t want to dance with someone who stank of smoke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.