Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well lets hope so. She’s really been dealt the crappy stick recently, just want her to be able to shine a bit!

I don’t remember seeing that. She did one for the Mail, which was very positive ( and fuelled a lot of the shippy stuff due to what she said about Kai) .
She’s done most interviews with Grazia though, as she’s employed by them, and said even more shippy stuff with them. I think she’s probably regretting it now!
I think say maybe regretting it too 😂 even Ranvir shut down rumours despite having fun with it. But playing devils advocate if that story in that paper is true it suggests there were feelings from AJ towards Kai during the show. Anyway to me it’s just funny to talk about none of it is really that serious.

She even managed to get a bad skin reaction travelling to Vietnam that has taken ages to clear up.
Yes she’s got work, which is great, but has had a month of pain and disappointment otherwise. I’m really glad it’s getting better, but it’s still going to take some time before she’s back to her fully glamorous self.

Not sure, as the Mail had a photo shoot to accompany it, and she posted it on her Instagram as if it was an exclusive to them.
I don’t remember a photoshoot from the mail, I think you might be getting mixed up. Looking at instagram she posted photoshoots from grazia and you magazine.

Reactions: 1
You magazine is the Mail :)
Ok so that’s a completely different interview than the one i’m talking about. I don’t know why i’m even going to the bother of looking back because i honestly could not care less about the love life of a 34 year old woman😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t remember a photoshoot from the mail, I think you might be getting mixed up. Looking at instagram she posted photoshoots from grazia and you magazine.
You are right I remember the interview she gave the sun just before her injury. But Dan Walker has also given them interviews I don’t think you can blame some celebs for their interactions with the press sometimes they just have to do it.

You are right I remember the interview she gave the sun just before her injury. But Dan Walker has also given them interviews I don’t think you can blame some celebs for their interactions with the press sometimes they just have to do it.
I’ll always blame celebrities for doing interviews with scum newspapers, Dan Walker included. They aren’t legally obligated to give an interview so they could easily say they don’t want to do it.

Reactions: 9
Yes I understand that too.
I think we’re all going round in circles with this now
Conclusion - The Scum are a rag that makes stuff up, all 3 are grown ups who have PR people who can deal with the fallout
Good luck to them.

This is slightly OT but I'm actually disappointed that Oti, Dianne and Graziano are following D*n W**tton on IG.
I scrolled a bit through his post to see if they also keep liking them and Oti actually did like a pic of him from September 🙁
WHY????????

Don’t get me wrong I like AJ & Kai but I think some of these fans think the entire show/tour revolves around them. She was a great dancer but the way some people are acting it’s like she was the best they have ever had and saying things like “no one in the history of strictly has made an impact the way AJ has” … as if Rose, John, Will Bayley, Jonnie Peacock etc aren’t literally right there 😭 Maybe not in terms of dancing for some of those but purely for showing that anyone can dance no matter what!
It doesn't really matter because the series is over and done with but this belief some AJ fans have that she had this massive impact on the show and was such an unforgettable contestant confuses me. We all have our favourite couples and they're memorable to us but I've seen comments about how AJ and Kai were the best partnership ever and will obviously be the couple everyone remembers from this series and I don't get how people reach that conclusion. What impact do they think she had? What did she do that was so unforgettable?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is slightly OT but I'm actually disappointed that Oti, Dianne and Graziano are following D*n W**tton on IG.
I scrolled a bit through his post to see if they also keep liking them and Oti actually did like a pic of him from September 🙁
WHY????????
Yes I understand that too.
I think we’re all going round in circles with this now
Conclusion - The Scum are a rag that makes stuff up, all 3 are grown ups who have PR people who can deal with the fallout
Good luck to them.
Agreed with these. The celeb world is very fake which is why I don’t take these stories seriously.

The 3 involved are all getting media attention from these articles. Ultimately that’s why all those involved went on the show! To get more opportunities more followers etc.

WHY????????
Because they are fame hungry.
(Also maybe keeping in with D Wo as he is a dangerous enemy)

Reactions: 3
It doesn't really matter because the series is over and done with but this belief some AJ fans have that she had this massive impact on the show and was such an unforgettable contestant confuses me. We all have our favourite couples and they're memorable to us but I've seen comments about how AJ and Kai were the best partnership ever and will obviously be the couple everyone remembers from this series and I don't get how people reach that conclusion. What impact do they think she had? What did she do that was so unforgettable?
Stans are very dramatic i guess it’s because AJ was supposed to do the tour I think after the tour they will move on

Don’t get me wrong I think that AJ will be a contestant who is remembered as she had some incredible dances, especially for someone who had never danced before. However the way some of these fans go on it’s as if she is the best thing to ever happen to the show, a lot of them were only watching the show for the first time and are giving a similar vibe to the Joe Sugg fans who thought he made strictly into the show it was, as if the show hasn’t been running & successful for almost 2 decades now 😭

Reactions: 2
The 3 involved are all getting media attention from these articles. Ultimately that’s why all those involved went on the show! To get more opportunities more followers etc.

Because they are fame hungry.
(Also maybe keeping in with D Wo as he is a dangerous enemy)
Yes, you wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side of him to be honest

Don’t get me wrong I think that AJ will be a contestant who is remembered as she had some incredible dances, especially for someone who had never danced before. However the way some of these fans go on it’s as if she is the best thing to ever happen to the show, a lot of them were only watching the show for the first time and are giving a similar vibe to the Joe Sugg fans who thought he made strictly into the show it was, as if the show hasn’t been running & successful for almost 2 decades now 😭
I’ve watched it since the beginning pretty much and do feel this series has brought three of the best couples ever seen, the standard was amazing - those 3 made the final as they deserved.

Nadiya could have come out and denied stuff (by giving an interview to the Mail or Grazia about how she's 'happily single' with no romance but she didn't so we have to conclude she is enjoying this. Remember Katya ended up having to make a statement after being harassed by the S*n for worse - calling her a witch/diva.
Nadiya's profile has been massively raised so she's probably going to get lots of commercial opportunities - she already has her own calendar! But all the pros still seem close so there is clearly no bad feeling. But like AJ, I am sure she knows that it is playing with fire: you agree to do a few pap walks for publicity and in return there is a feeding frenzy about you. Meanwhile, I am sure AJ has had a hard time recently, but the show has massively raised her profile (I had never heard of her before SCD). A lot of that was the showmance/romance (in addition to her being a great dancer). Once that stuff is put out there you can't just turn it off - either with the press or the stans.

I only recently found out that AJ gave the sun an exclusive interview during the show which really disappointed me. You don’t have to be a Liverpool/football fan to know that these people and that paper is utter garbage. So that made me lose a bit of respect for her I won’t lie.
That is really disappointing. But it just confirms my feeling that AJ is 100% up for doing what she wants for herself and isn’t some poor innocent soul being brought into something totally against her will.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who still speak to them. So many examples of the utter shitrag that it is but I guess that doesn’t count if you’re looking for publicity 😌

Reactions: 2
I think AJ seen Strictly for what it is, a decent paying job which is pretty much guaranteed to raise your profile and lead to better jobs and opportunities if you’re successful in it. She’s a smart woman I’m sure.

Whatever the relationship is/was with Kai, people seem to be forgetting he was effectively a co-worker in the first year of a high profile job where it obviously benefits for him to make a mark.

I genuinely worry for people who seem personally invested in their ‘relationship’.

Reactions: 9
That is really disappointing. But it just confirms my feeling that AJ is 100% up for doing what she wants for herself and isn’t some poor innocent soul being brought into something totally against her will.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who still speak to them. So many examples of the utter shitrag that it is but I guess that doesn’t count if you’re looking for publicity 😌
What I don’t understand is the narrative that AJ is some little defenseless woman who can’t handle herself. She’s more than capable of handling herself, and tbh most of the press about her from this years show has been down to her own actions of liking tweets and playing into the romance etc. If you are going to do those things you need to be prepared for the consequences in the press, she has worked in TV for almost a decade so she knows exactly how things work.

Reactions: 13
Ace, do they show Strictly in Oz or do you stream it? (Don’t worry about replying straight away if you’re off to bed 😂)
They showed one season of it (series 17), shortly after our 2019 season of DWTS ran. It either didn't rate well enough or it was just a one-off licensing agreement, I guess, because sadly they haven't aired any more.

I think it's available on Britbox, but since the majority of shows on Britbox already air on Foxtel and/or our free-to-air channels, I rely on sailing the high seas for Strictly.

Luckily this year someone put full TV quality episodes, of the live show and ITT on youtube and youtube was pretty slow to pull them, so I got up Week 10 before having to settle for fuzzy streams.

What I don’t understand is the narrative that AJ is some little defenseless woman who can’t handle herself. She’s more than capable of handling herself, and tbh most of the press about her from this years show has been down to her own actions of liking tweets and playing into the romance etc. If you are going to do those things you need to be prepared for the consequences in the press, she has worked in TV for almost a decade so she knows exactly how things work.
Yes I think we all agree it was a daft thing to do if there was genuinely nothing going on.
He was liking shippy stuff in the beginning too, which was quite unusual for him. He stopped when he realised it was getting noted!
only those two know the whole truth anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.