Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think they are going to start picking celebs according to which area of the county they were born. Especially as people move around. Peaty is at least from the middle.
Totally agree. That's just getting into the realms of the ridiculous.

Reactions: 4
Agreed. Crying lack diversity about whether they have someone from glasgow or Belfast is nonsense. Diversity is about disability, gender, race, sexuality and so on, not which part of the UK they are from.

Reactions: 12
Agreed. Crying lack diversity about whether they have someone from glasgow or Belfast is nonsense. Diversity is about disability, gender, race, sexuality and so on, not which part of the UK they are from.
I am surprised all the contestants are English and I don’t think it’s right - but maybe they held the Scottish and Welsh responsible for getting JJ and Amy way further than they deserved to be and nipped it in the bud 😂

I’m Scottish and I did cheer on Joe McFadden - partly because he’s Scottish but not totally. I didn’t vote once for JJ. Maybe they couldn’t get anyone suitable; I don’t think they deliberately omitted contestants from the other home nations

Reactions: 5
While I think the diversity issue of strictly is ridiculous, especially when in previous years there have been people from all nations. Its also onky one programme across the entire bbc schedule. As a wider issue diversity is diversity and isn't limited to gender, race etc. Different areas and countries in the UK have their own cultures and individuality. The same way the North of England(for example) needs representation across the media and government.

Reactions: 1
I’m Welsh and couldn’t care less where they’re from. I just want it to be a good series.

Reactions: 14
I only know Tom from Mcfly and the one that used to be in eastenders, don’t know any of the rest, I’m disappointed in the line up as I don’t know any of them!

Reactions: 2
Half the time we have somebody Scottish or Welsh though they actually live and work in London.

I like having a mixture of people, and do like having a local celeb to support, but half the time on Strictly, regional diversity is actually going to mean "accent and comedy VT about eating regional food" regardless of where they actually live.

What are we thinking for partnerships?

On a mix of height/personality and which pros I want to have a decent run, this is what I've came up with:
Graziano - Katie
Aljaž - Sara
Kai - John
Gorka - Nina
Giovanni - Rose
Neil - Judi
Nikita - Matilda
Johannes - AJ

Luba - Greg
Nadiya - Adam
Amy - Ugo
Katya - Rhys
Dianne - Robert
Karen - Tom
Oti - Dan

Cameron, Jowita & Nancy sadly benched, wish it wasn't the case but the celebs are just too tall this time around.

What are we thinking for partnerships?

On a mix of height/personality and which pros I want to have a decent run, this is what I've came up with:
Graziano - Katie
Aljaž - Sara
Kai - John
Gorka - Nina
Giovanni - Rose
Neil - Judi
Nikita - Matilda
Johannes - AJ

Luba - Greg
Nadiya - Adam
Amy - Ugo
Katya - Rhys
Dianne - Robert
Karen - Tom
Oti - Dan

Cameron, Jowita & Nancy sadly benched, wish it wasn't the case but the celebs are just too tall this time around.
Sigh... I really want to see Nancy get a go. You can just about understand the other two as they're brand new but Nancy really, really deserves a partner.

Reactions: 5
I hadn’t given it that much thought but with covid restrictions being an extended distance from London and filming each week would be very hard logistically. The producers do usually try and get representation in line with a lot of BBC productions so i don’t think it’s a deliberate snub of the other countries in the UK.

I know a fair few of the contestants but I am still underwhelmed by them all. I must say Adam Peaty is a good signing and there was always bound to be an Olympian.

Reactions: 2
My favourite thing is watching the temper tantrums from people who claim ‘they’re all nobodies/what a tit line up/who even are they’ EVERY year! Honestly expecting the entire line up to be well known to you is just insane, perhaps google the people you don’t know? I know most of the line up, the ones I don’t I just looked up! 🤷‍♀️ I just enjoy the dancing, the escapism and the joy it brings me, I love it. Don’t take it too seriously

Reactions: 27
In 2018 I thought they must have been saving the two best reveals until last. And the line up was rounded off with Charles Venn and Susannah Constantine

Imo, this year is positively A-list in comparison 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.