Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's Rose Ayling-Ellis, a deaf actress from EE!
Holy tit I ‘know’ her! Obviously not close enough to know that she was on EE. But we grew up in the same area and have lots of mutual friends on Facebook 😂

Reactions: 2
I am watching Mo Gilligan on C4 and he has just said they are going to reveal the last Strictly contestant after the break. 10.40 pm

Holy tit I ‘know’ her! Obviously not close enough to know that she was on EE. But we grew up in the same area and have lots of mutual friends on Facebook 😂
Hope she's as lovely as she seems. I think she's done bloody brilliant to achieve so much despite her health and she's cute too :D

Going down the list with where they were born....

Adam Peaty - Uttoxeter
AJ Odudu - Blackburn
Dan Walker - Crawley
Greg Wise - Newcastle
John Whaite - Chorley
Judi Love - Hackney
Katie McGlynn - Rochdale
Nina Wadia - Mumbai
Rhys Stephenson - Lewisham
Robert Webb - Boston
Rose Ayling-Ellis - Bideford
Sara Davies - Coundon
Tilly Ramsay - London
Tom Fletcher - Harrow

It took some finding where Rose is from it's well hidden online. 7 from the north of England. 7 from the south of England mainly London with little variety. 1 from India. Nobody representing any of the other three parts of the United Kingdom.

Reactions: 1
Hope she's as lovely as she seems. I think she's done bloody brilliant to achieve so much despite her health and she's cute too :D

Adam Peaty - Uttoxeter
AJ Odudu - Blackburn
Dan Walker - Crawley
Greg Wise - Newcastle
John Whaite - Chorley
Judi Love - Hackney
Katie McGlynn - Rochdale
Nina Wadia - Mumbai
Robert Webb - Boston
Sara Davies - Coundon
Tilly Ramsay - London
Tom Fletcher - Harrow

It took some finding where Rose is from it's well hidden online. 7 from the north of England. 7 from the south of England mainly London with little variety. 1 from India. Nobody representing any of the other three parts of the United Kingdom.
Do you think this might have something to do with regional Covid stuff so they have to keep them in England incase things change in Scotland and Wales as they have done in the past. I live in Wales and things are not the same as in England.

Adam Peaty - Uttoxeter
AJ Odudu - Blackburn
Dan Walker - Crawley
Greg Wise - Newcastle
John Whaite - Chorley
Judi Love - Hackney
Katie McGlynn - Rochdale
Nina Wadia - Mumbai
Robert Webb - Boston
Sara Davies - Coundon
Tilly Ramsay - London
Tom Fletcher - Harrow

Of course Tom was born in Harrow 🙄🙄 Also seeing as there is a couple celebrity-aligned contestants this year, we should just be grateful it’s not the sister, even more insufferable.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hopefully this rapper is not the next Strictly contestant. Mo would be a better bet but god forbid it is not Walliams - the twit.

Do you think this might have something to do with regional Covid stuff so they have to keep them in England incase things change in Scotland and Wales as they have done in the past. I live in Wales and things are not the same as in England.
Yes, I think the rules within the devolved nations have a lot to do with it. I live in Scotland and its still mandatory to wear masks in public places, shop etc plus we still have to check in at restaurants for track/trace 🙄

Yes, I think the rules within the devolved nations have a lot to do with it. I live in Scotland and its still mandatory to wear masks in public places, shop etc plus we still have to check in at restaurants for track/trace 🙄
Sports person - No idea who he is as Mo mumbled it.

Last but not least, no huge shock:

67ABE09C-D95D-47C5-B58B-4C0F456C675F.jpeg

So no obvious ringer this year which is a refreshing twist. I’m looking forward to it, I think it could be a great series.

Just thinking too, maybe they had approached other people who hadn’t been double jabbed - that could be a barrier rather than bubbles/being from different parts of the UK.

Reactions: 5
Could have but they don't even have anyone from the Midlands. It's a shame they seem to think London is the only place in the south. Most of the southern places not in London are very near.

Reactions: 2
The lineup is without a doubt the worst ever... Brutally bad.... Every year there are one or two "poor" selections, this year there are only one or two half decent celebs... Shocking, looks like they didn't try too hard to put a good show together... It's like the last race of the year at our local racecourse, the "also rans".... Fill the racecard with half lame nags and see which one staggers home past the post first..

In terms of what I'd consider decent household names, I think it's the best line up since 2016 - Robert, Dan, Adam are bigger names than your standard Strictly booking and Nina is a good signing too. The only two I'm not that familiar with are Rhys and Ugo

Whether they're entertaining to watch or not is another matter, but I have high hopes for a few of them at least 😆

Reactions: 4

Adam Peaty - Uttoxeter
AJ Odudu - Blackburn
Dan Walker - Crawley
Greg Wise - Newcastle
John Whaite - Chorley
Judi Love - Hackney
Katie McGlynn - Rochdale
Nina Wadia - Mumbai
Robert Webb - Boston
Sara Davies - Coundon
Tilly Ramsay - London
Tom Fletcher - Harrow

I don't think they are going to start picking celebs according to which area of the county they were born. Especially as people move around. Peaty is at least from the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
From 1:25 in this video:

Think we can rule out Judi as a contender! :LOL: Will be good fun nonetheless though!

Can you establish for us how old Rose is please? Some sources say she’s 26 others say she’s 30/31

Can you establish for us how old Rose is please? Some sources say she’s 26 others say she’s 30/31
26, possibly 27 depending when her birthday is. I knew of her as a “year below me in school” kind of thing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.